Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:13:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for Gears of War Rifles  (Read 1312 times)

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
Looking for Gears of War Rifles
« on: August 12, 2013, 06:29:17 AM »
Hello all,

I've been working on painting my figures from the Gears of War Boardgame and while the game itself is nice, I'm thinking of trying to shoehorn the the figures into the 5150 ruleset so I can take them "off the grid". 

There are plenty of locust figures in the box, but only 5 humans.  I'll use the humans as stars and I'd like to kitbash some grunts.  I have a handle on some bodies (Defiance marines), heads (pig iron) but I'm still looking for the distinctive GOW rifle with a chainsaw on the front:

I could have sworn that one of the aftermarket companies did a knock off version of it, but I can't find it  at any of the usual places I look:  maxmini, mad robot, Puppet War, Kromlech, hasslefree, spellcrow or anvil industries.  It's possible that I saw it on shapeways but nobody uses the real name for things so it's impossible to find anything if you don't bookmark it right away.

Anyone know where I could get these or something close?

Thanks

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
Re: Looking for Gears of War Rifles
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 06:34:58 AM »
per aspera ad astra

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 06:44:50 AM »
Haha!  Thanks Hauptgefreiter.  Hmm, sculpting is a little rougher than I remember, but then the FFG sculpted ones aren't much better.

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 07:56:22 AM »
Take a look in Anvil Industry's "armoury" section. There's a few possibilities for conversion I'd say.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 10:25:42 AM »
You could also try the HeroClix Gears of War figures, they have a General Kraan too, as well as more COGs. The rifles will probably be slightly larger though.

Offline Rob_Jedi

• Librarian
    • Rob Jedi's Miniature Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 11:47:37 AM »
There's also the newish Gears of War Mechanno sets. The figs are about double the size of Lego men but the guns are very nicely detiled and I think would work well with minis if you can get some.

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 05:17:51 PM »
You could also try the HeroClix Gears of War figures, they have a General Kraan too, as well as more COGs. The rifles will probably be slightly larger though.

Thanks, I've looked, but the singles market for them is a little steep at roughly $2.50 per figure.

There's also the newish Gears of War Mechanno sets. The figs are about double the size of Lego men but the guns are very nicely detiled and I think would work well with minis if you can get some.

Those look pretty cool, but way to expensive for weapons donors.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!