Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:59:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690318
  • Total Topics: 118325
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sd.Kfz 251/1 - WIP  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Goosegog

• Librarian
    • Blog spot
Re: Sd.Kfz 251/1 - WIP
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2013, 01:03:24 PM »
Colour choices seem to be the start, I used Life Colour range.

Remember to add any decals prior to weathering over a satin or gloss varnish! I would recommend my new friends, Microsol and Microset, amzing products for decals.

Then I added the all important 'Filter' this tones down the bright original colour to a more used paint colour we see in photos and museums. Next is a pin wash this is a miniatures similar to adding ink to miniatures but the satin varnish make the wash flow into the small lines and edges. A little thinner on a brush to clean up the lines.

This give you a bases for the rest of the process which varies dependent on the look you want or the location of your subject.

Hope it helps.

I think I have the Lifecolour set, but I settled on using Tamiya though I've started to use Vallejo Model Air now. The Microset et al. are very good, but one of the mistakes I made was to weather then add decals then weather a bit more. When I finally get round to doing some vehicles again I'll do as you did and add decals way before I go near filter, washes etc.s.

Another thing I've learnt is patience. One reason I have not painted any vehicles for a while is I want to be able to give the vehicle my full and undivided attention! Not be trying to paint a few different things at once.

Once again excellent work.   

Offline carabus03

• Librarian
Re: Sd.Kfz 251/1 - WIP
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 10:20:03 AM »
 :D

Still trying to learn that patience thing my self.