Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:54:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690851
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: What rules do you play?  (Read 5164 times)

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: What rules do you play?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 11:15:22 PM »
Concerning wastelands 3, how is the solo gaming ? I read in the rules pdf that this edition is focused on solo gaming, wich is incredibly interesting for me (think that in Christmas 2012 I bought a lot of necromunda minis  :D).

Is the ruleset working well in urban situations (think judge dredd) or is it focused on desert madmax-ish confrontation only ? (I have to admit that I didn't read the entire ruleset for now)

Thanks

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 12:02:02 AM »
Concerning wastelands 3, how is the solo gaming ? I read in the rules pdf that this edition is focused on solo gaming, wich is incredibly interesting for me (think that in Christmas 2012 I bought a lot of necromunda minis  :D).

Is the ruleset working well in urban situations (think judge dredd) or is it focused on desert madmax-ish confrontation only ? (I have to admit that I didn't read the entire ruleset for now)

Thanks

I played it quite a bit a few years back and really enjoyed the rules. My point of view is that it's YOUR game, YOUR rules and you do whatever you like with them. But in general they are easy enough to apply to any situation. Give them a whirl is my recommendation.

"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 12:19:20 AM »
Steve's Scavenge Skirmish Survive is very simple and fun. There are elements of random action caused through drawing event cards and people are nice and squishy. It's fun to play with average Joe's for a change. Though it makes role playing campaigns more... Challenging.

SSS is pretty easy to flavour with changed rules / card wording. Mine is more fallout/MadMax like.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 09:16:26 AM »
Nuclear Renaissance. You can get the basic rules for free:

http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/nuclear/downloads.html

THe basic rules work really well for getting to know the games. Its designed for group play, so 2 to 6 people works fine.

You build a gang by taking a basic stat line and adding abilities, weapons and equipment.
Vehicles are handles in the same way, and really are integral to the game.

I did an expansion which adds loads more gang types, loads of upgrades and most importantly a campaign system.

THe game give syou LOADS of options, so its easy to make rules for anything you want. Zombies, robots, powerknights, tanks, biker gangs, monstaer/beast gangs, mad max style stuff, anything really....

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 01:11:09 PM »
I played it quite a bit a few years back and really enjoyed the rules. My point of view is that it's YOUR game, YOUR rules and you do whatever you like with them. But in general they are easy enough to apply to any situation. Give them a whirl is my recommendation.

Thank you, I'll print the book (after all I bought a comb binder for this purpose) and take a look. I've got plenty of low tech scifi/post apoc figures to use.

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, 03:47:30 AM »
Iron Ivan's "No More Room In Hell" is a lot of fun.  Quite tongue in cheek and cinematic.  Also if you like Two Hour Wargames mechanics, "All Things Zombie" is pretty much a classic.

Offline Pijlie

• Mastermind
    • Pijlie's blog
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 07:34:31 AM »
All Things Zombie (Better dead than Z) always delivered the perfect feel for me.
I wish I were a glowworm
'cause glowworms 're never glum
How can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out yer bum?

http://pijlieblog.blogspot.nl/

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2014, 08:41:10 PM »
I like Neutron York 3000 quite a lot, simple but cool rules.

Have used Ganesha Games Mutants and Death Ray Guns on a couple of occasions but tweaked the rules slightly to my taste (seemed impossible to get a "Kill" result without having to gang up on one fallen mini...)

But what I mostly use are Two Hour Wargames and I mix ATZ and CR as I see fit, totally arbitrary!!!  lol

Offline Peter

• Scientist
  • No place to run - no place to hide
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2014, 12:18:15 PM »

If you can read German - starts End Febr.

Offline Espritfigs

• Librarian
    • Red Button's nation
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 01:27:47 PM »
Scavenge Skirmish Survive (free) http://www.miniaturemojo.co.uk/products/15/104/scavenge_skirmish_survive/
Soon the arrival of zombies!!!