Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:05:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New CSA  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Justin Buck

• Scientist
    • The Parade Ground
New CSA
« on: August 08, 2013, 12:58:31 AM »
What happens when you see some figures that you want but said figures are for a period/scale you don't game?  You create any reason to include them!  When I saw Perry Miniatures plastic Civil War cavalry and Zouaves I just knew I had to have them, but I don't game the Civil War in 28mm.  After drooling over some pictures of them, a light bulb went off.  If my colonial forces fight in a fictional Africa setting then whose to say who is fighting there.  Just like that the New CSA was born.  This small country in Eastern Africa has been colonized by people who left the USA after the Civil War and other peoples from around the world who headed East to search for a new place to live.  The Zouave units are raised from French Creoles and people from France who wanted to start over.  The Cavalry unit will be played more like irregular cavalry.  I also have some Old Glory Pershing Expedition Americans that I'm going to paint up as regular troops in a butterscotch colored uniform.  I also have some American Indians to use as irregulars and also some cowboys to paint up as rancher/militia.  Well that's the idea at least.  Just want to apologize for the pictures, using my wife's camera and I don't have it down yet.  There are more pictures at theparadeground.blogspot.com

Offline Captain Nemo

• Librarian
Re: New CSA
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 01:10:17 AM »
Nice army. I do like those colors.
I plan on buying these Perry Zouaves, but I don't really need the whole box. This sort of uniform has always fascinated me.

(Let me know if you want to spit a box to beef up your ranks.)
\"The natives over there are cannibals. They eat liars with the same enthusiasm as they eat honest men.\"

Offline airbornegrove26

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 01:10:54 AM »
Lovely idea, I have something along those lines as well that I have been working on.  

Can't wait to see more progress.  

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
  • Who? Where? Say what now?
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 08:57:33 AM »
Grand! Love the idea and the execution! :)

Another way to deal with this is to pick and mix, as Northstar posted on their facebook site some time ago. I don't remember who it was, but somebody mixed Zouave bodies with Ansar heads and occasionally arms to create a slaver force.

Offline Captain Nemo

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 02:30:08 PM »
I don't remember who it was, but somebody mixed Zouave bodies with Ansar heads and occasionally arms to create a slaver force.
Cool idea Doc! Maybe that's what I'll do with my extras.

Offline Justin Buck

• Scientist
    • The Parade Ground
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 07:56:03 PM »
Now that you mention it, I did save some pictures of those conversions around here some where, going to have to dig them up.  There might be some slavers in the works soon.

Justin

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 09:31:43 PM »
somebody mixed Zouave bodies with Ansar heads and occasionally arms to create a slaver force.

I took the opposite approach with mine, used the marching pose for the zouaves who are now blue coated Zanzibarris and red coated Moroccans (1 box = 2 units), put the other zouave arms onto Ansar bodies to bive a load of musket armed irregulars.
But I like the butterscotch uniform you have gone with, may need to get another box now.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)