Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:06:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691095
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Binmann's EOTD First Game First AAR up  (Read 5232 times)

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
Binmann's EOTD First Game First AAR up
« on: August 11, 2013, 12:51:16 AM »
So having read the rules are finally chosen minis I will play my first game of EOTD next week, putting a Gentleman's Club against Lycaons.

The Gents up First:

In the back row we have Rivet, who is in real life Antonella Contrasté heiress of the Contrasté Emporiums Contrastés, using her money to fun her New toys: President wih Full Amrour, Steam Exo, Telsa Projector and Two Bludgeons (54 shillings)

On the Left is Bruno the suit fitter and Handyman, one of only two warband members who know Antonella is a woman: Member with Bludgeon and knife (14 shillings)

Front Centre is Salty Jugson Antonella's Personal Assitant and posible love interest: VP with 2 light pistols and 2 knives (27 shillings)

Front right Titus Utter Pistol and Merchanical Arm (same as sword) (18 shillings)

Leaving the Jones Bothers: Silas and Johnny - Silas is armed with a shotgun and knife (19 shillings) and Johnny with light pistol and bludgeon (18 shillings)

They will be up against The Pack:

Back row Greytooth and Silvermane: Beastlord and Pack Master (35 and 30 shillings)

Front row Mono and Lobo pack wolves (20 shillings each) and Jess and Darla Wolfskins wih Crossbows (conc.) Bludgeons and Shields (capes) (22 shillings each)

The set up:

Antonella has been carrying out experiements on the old estate grounds, experiments which have raised the attention of The Pack who have come to sabotage the material. They have caused and explosion in the testing are which cause a large piece of Infernium to be blown somewhere on the board and both groups want it, for their own reasons:

The Pack start in the woods below the hills and the Club in the the Other two corners (workshop and test hatch).

Report to follow
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 08:58:22 PM by thebinmann »

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Binmann's EOTD First Game
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 02:02:21 AM »
Nice, I especially like the Lycoans.
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 08:26:43 AM »
Great stuff. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 09:12:30 AM »
Superb factions shows how versatile EotD can be with a little re-skinning of weapon names. Can't wait until next month when it starts shipping huzzah!

Look forward to seeing the battle report of this game have fun!

Offline muncehead

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 10:10:11 AM »
Very good stuff. Also just noticed how you blended the cast on base for Darla into the flagstone base by painting/shading - very inventive that.
Have fun storming the castle! ...and that really isn't me you know...

Gothic Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=55943.0 - although on pause atm as too much RL stuff getting in the way.

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 11:38:39 AM »
Very good stuff. Also just noticed how you blended the cast on base for Darla into the flagstone base by painting/shading - very inventive that.

I can take no credit, it was Figouze a talent LAFER: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=53147.0

None of the painting is mine, its Figouze and AirCav from here and the Wolves are from Orc's Nest except three heads who was an Ebay buy.

Offline Figouze

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 04:22:21 PM »
Thank you for your comments !  :D

I hope to see your report soon, your terrain setting is good !

Offline scouts19508

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 01:47:12 PM »
Very nice setup. Who makes the two wolfskins? The Lycoans look great! Is that a 3 headed werewolf?

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 08:02:38 PM »
Very nice setup. Who makes the two wolfskins? The Lycoans look great! Is that a 3 headed werewolf?

I got the worlfskins on ebay, I have a feeling at least one is Westwind though

The Werewolf does have three heads, cool hey. He's Spinespur: http://www.comfychairgames.com/pack.php?pack=19

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
Binmann's EOTD First Game AAR
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 08:57:52 PM »
The first encounter

Out on the Contrasté family estate the Lycaons have sabotaged the Infernium machine, and waited for it to exploded… which it did sending a larger chunk of Infernium  flying across the field. So it’s finders keepers, losers weepers!

Round One

Lycaons first: Greytooth and Silvermane advance uncovering… nothing!
The other side Mono, Lobo and the Wolfskins push up.

Rivets move off, and we have a shotgun blast at Silvermane, only clipping his ear.

If you go down to the woods today...

Round Two

Lycaons manoeuvre for position, wolves are bearing down on Salty and his crew.

Salty opens up, but blasts wide with both pistols. Titus follows suit, leaving to hungry and slight annoyed wolves inches away….

Meanwhile on the other side of the board Silas, perhaps fearing for his life, blasts harmlessly wide again… OH DEAR!

Round Three

Greytooth picks up the Infernium, as the wolves pile into Salty (knocking him for six) and Titus (knocking him off the board and into next week)

Silvermane knocks the sense out of Silas

The Rivets counter attack - Rivet opens up with the Telsa Projector and stuns Silvermane, Bruno rushes into to finish him off with that massive spanner, and turns out he makes the pair by somehow losing the duel!

Johnny guns down Jess…

Round Four

Silvermane rips off Silas face Lycaon style! And downs Bruno, who crawls off for cover…

The Rivets hold their nerve and Rivet charges - but is knocked for six by Silvermane.

Salty cuts deep into Wolf flesh and leaves one dead and downs the other

Round Five

Rivets finally go first, as Salty gains a second wolf pelt… but it is too little too late as Silvermane rips Rivet to pieces!

Given that it was a test game I didn’t run through the post game stuff for the Gentlemen as they will be redone so it didn’t seem fair to do it for the Wolves either.

I enjoyed the game, but suffered a little from looking up rules and tables for weapons etc. I’m not sure if it was just because of the bad rolling and misses with the ranged weapons or just that the Werewolves are brutal, but they really were BRUTAL here! I guess it was a little of both. What is cear that the over spend on Rivet skewed the Gentleman’s points, next time I’ll wait to invest so much it so little. I am not convinced that the payoff between the +2 str and the inability to run is worth it for the exo-suit, I really think it needs weapons.

As with all solo ply, there is a lack of real affinity with the teams which leads to forgetting to use certain things every now and the…

I’m off the revamp the Gentlemen and try to find minis for a couple of Extra Warbands so next time I can get in three or four games in one night (as I do with Mosheim).

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: Binmann's EOTD First Game First AAR up
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 09:13:27 PM »
Great stuff, Adam!
Some great eye candy in there along with some very well staged photos.
 :-* :-*

I dont play any Gothic Horror games but seeing threads like this makes me think I am missing out on something.

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 10:02:59 PM »
Some great eye candy in there along with some very well staged photos.

Hah, they're snap shots taking as quickly as possible before I get called away...

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 10:08:01 PM »
Hah, they're snap shots taking as quickly as possible before I get called away...

Well chosen shots then... ::)
 ;)

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 10:48:22 PM »
Well chosen shots then... ::)
 ;)

That is more than true, as my blur-filled recycle bin can prove...