Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:35:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1702572 times)

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #10350 on: September 08, 2019, 05:47:40 PM »
You'll find them everywhere, so long as you are in the initial release area. Otherwise you will find them incredibly difficult to come by.

It's not up on the Hachette website so it isn't on general release yet.
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline wolfen

• Scientist
« Reply #10351 on: September 08, 2019, 06:40:43 PM »
Both the bolter arms and the shotgun arms of the Palanites fit the shock carbine perfectly. I’ve done it, I’ll try and get pics for you.

Pic

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #10352 on: September 09, 2019, 12:26:48 AM »
Pic

Thanks. How easy was it to remove part of the stock with the left hand? Any thumbs lost in the process? 

Offline wolfen

• Scientist
« Reply #10353 on: September 09, 2019, 06:07:09 AM »
Thanks. How easy was it to remove part of the stock with the left hand? Any thumbs lost in the process?

Depends on the way you go about it. The low pose left hand has a thumb in the way so I couldn’t salvage the bolter itself. Had to cut it into pieces to avoid losing the thumb. The upward pose its easy to remove the foregrip and left hand from the original weapon with no damage to the hand.

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10354 on: September 09, 2019, 05:38:42 PM »
Seriously need to tone down the greasy lanky emo hair theme. Looks absolutely pathetic.

Andrew_McGuire

« Reply #10355 on: September 09, 2019, 05:45:51 PM »
Regarding the AoS part-work, I'd be grateful if one of the members who has seen / purchased it could tell me what region they are in. I'm in the East Midlands, which has not been blessed with initial distribution, but I have a niece in the North West whom I might ask to look out for one for me, but I don't want to do so if she's also in one of the barren areas, as she doesn't regularly go into town, I understand.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #10356 on: September 09, 2019, 06:12:41 PM »
A nice collection of fetishes on the accessory sprue and I like the beakie helmet (I wonder if FW will do some too) but yeah those hair cuts are terrible.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #10357 on: September 09, 2019, 06:47:19 PM »
Seriously need to tone down the greasy lanky emo hair theme. Looks absolutely pathetic.

Looks fine to me.

Tone of this is aimed for you anyway so I wouldn't worry about it.

I mean, it's not like 40k has a history of dodgy popular culture based hair cuts is it?

Though the use of 'greasy' could be a bit misconstrued as well. A lot of Emo's I know actually look after their hair, it's not greasy.

Perhaps they should go back to the Space Marine standard mullet?

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10358 on: September 10, 2019, 07:41:21 AM »
Plenty of chance to paint it a different way too. The pale face with black hair doesn't need to be the go to.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #10359 on: September 10, 2019, 05:33:27 PM »

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #10360 on: September 11, 2019, 11:42:46 AM »
Regarding the AoS part-work, I'd be grateful if one of the members who has seen / purchased it could tell me what region they are in. I'm in the East Midlands, which has not been blessed with initial distribution, but I have a niece in the North West whom I might ask to look out for one for me, but I don't want to do so if she's also in one of the barren areas, as she doesn't regularly go into town, I understand.

North East

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #10361 on: September 11, 2019, 11:46:07 AM »
You'll find them everywhere, so long as you are in the initial release area. Otherwise you will find them incredibly difficult to come by.

It's not up on the Hachette website so it isn't on general release yet.

Havn't seen it around South Herts/North London area yet, but hopefully it will be as I quite like to get a few of the issue one.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #10362 on: September 11, 2019, 02:33:03 PM »
Not in the East of England either.

Offline MagpieJono

• Scientist
« Reply #10363 on: September 11, 2019, 02:40:44 PM »
Havn't seen it around South Herts/North London area yet, but hopefully it will be as I quite like to get a few of the issue one.

When the conquest magazine was launched the manager of my FLGS said this was the exact issue. Potential new members of the hobby never got chance to buy it as established gamers were going in any buying 5 at a time. Obviously can't blame anyone for this due to the cut price models but wonder if GW have done any research about how many people it actually draws into the hobby.

Offline TWD

• Mastermind
    • Tom's Toy Soldiers Blog
« Reply #10364 on: September 11, 2019, 06:43:50 PM »
As noted above its currently in a trial, rather than countrywide release. So if it's not in your area, then it's because it's not being trialled there, not because people are buying all the copies.

In the past they used to be trialled in the Tyne-Tees TV channel region as it was a small, geographically discrete area for the purposes of the supporting TV advertising.

As someone above said it was on sale in the NE I'd guess that's still the case (though Tyne-Tees no longer exists as s TV region/station).

IIRC it was at least six months after the trial before the 40k version went on sales. Though post Christmas was also s traditional time to launch partworks nationwide.