Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:28:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1683510 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #11385 on: February 20, 2021, 04:53:44 PM »
There's a chance to win £300 of vouchers (I think, it's a bit contradictory) at the moment. Terms and conditions here

4.1.3. ensure that at least one item is present in your basket at 8.00 a.m. (GMT) on Thursday 25th February 2021 . My Warhammer accounts with empty baskets at 8.00 a.m. (GMT) on Thursday 25th February 2021 will not be counted in the draw.

or

4.1.5.when signed in to your ‘My Warhammer’ account, place an order of any value between 8.00 a.m. (GMT) on Thursday 18th February 2021 and 8.00 a.m. (GMT) on Thursday 25th February 2021 inclusive on either the Games Workshop web store (www.games-workshop.com) or the Forge World web store (www.forgeworld.co.uk).

The reason I say contradictory is that other bits imply you win what's in your basket. However

6.1. There are five (5) prizes to be won. Each prize is your choice of item(s), up to the value of £300 in total (or equivalent local currency as determined by GW), currently available on the Games Workshop or Forge World webstore. This value excludes delivery and sales tax, where applicable. The value of the prize pool is up to: GBP £1500 / $2646.06 AUD / USD $2049.85.

So I think it's vouchers

Given GW prices, it's a couple of boxed sets and a pot of paint, but still... ;D

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11386 on: February 20, 2021, 05:05:29 PM »
Whilst I'm not a huge fan of the Age of Sigmar aesthetic, the models in the new Warhammer Quest box look brilliant

Yep, i'll be buying that. I don't know that i'll play warhammer quest more than a handful of times but I like every model in that box - to the degree that I can't even think what conversions I'd do to them.

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #11387 on: February 20, 2021, 05:32:19 PM »
Yeah, this set would be great to get someone started with a blanchitsu old world style Rangers of Shadowdeep game.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #11388 on: February 20, 2021, 09:02:32 PM »
I note there's what's very clearly a Kislev to be spotted amongst the ranks of the mobs...

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline powerfrog99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #11389 on: February 20, 2021, 09:13:31 PM »
I am quite flattened by the new quest minis that have been revealed sor far  :o

In particular the skeletion warriors are top notch I think.

Hard to wait for the rest to be shown...
These days it's Wargods and Warhammer Armies Project I am working on !

Check out my gallery here on LAF
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11390 on: February 20, 2021, 10:39:26 PM »
Whilst I'm not a huge fan of the Age of Sigmar aesthetic, the models in the new Warhammer Quest box look brilliant
Well, it helps that (besides the steampunk dwarven hero), they're hardly Age of Sigmar stylistically! The undead could mostly have been released for Warhammer Fantasy/Mordheim; the skeletons (as did the recently shown vampires) are entirely in the same style as the previous Vampire Counts figures.

Thematically, I would hate that fact - the idea that this new setting, formed after the destruction of the previous one, and where countless years are supposed to have passed, where civilisations rose and fell, that setting has evolved to have people clad and equipped exactly the same way as the "present" timeline of the previous setting, that's just ridiculous... But thankfully, I'm entirely planning to just envision this game as taking place in or near good ol' Sylvania or to use the miniatures for Mordheim and other projects, so I'm actually very happy of the match and the aesthetic qualities of many of these figures.

Speaking of, the Wight King is pretty pretty too...

And other new thingies for those who haven't seen them: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/20/warhammer-preview-online-lords-of-the-mortal-realms/
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #11391 on: February 20, 2021, 11:22:55 PM »
I am quite flattened by the new quest minis that have been revealed sor far  :o

In particular the skeletion warriors are top notch I think.

Hard to wait for the rest to be shown...

Everything has been shown. Both on Warhammer Community today and the Cursed City website.

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #11392 on: February 20, 2021, 11:45:05 PM »
Well, it helps that (besides the steampunk dwarven hero), they're hardly Age of Sigmar stylistically! The undead could mostly have been released for Warhammer Fantasy/Mordheim; the skeletons (as did the recently shown vampires) are entirely in the same style as the previous Vampire Counts figures.

Thematically, I would hate that fact - the idea that this new setting, formed after the destruction of the previous one, and where countless years are supposed to have passed, where civilisations rose and fell, that setting has evolved to have people clad and equipped exactly the same way as the "present" timeline of the previous setting, that's just ridiculous... But thankfully, I'm entirely planning to just envision this game as taking place in or near good ol' Sylvania or to use the miniatures for Mordheim and other projects, so I'm actually very happy of the match and the aesthetic qualities of many of these figures.

Speaking of, the Wight King is pretty pretty too...

And other new thingies for those who haven't seen them: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/20/warhammer-preview-online-lords-of-the-mortal-realms/

That Wight King is beautiful

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11393 on: February 21, 2021, 04:33:39 AM »
Yes, that Wight King is very similar to the old metal one, but revived a little.
I too am a big fan of the new Warhammer quest figures.

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11394 on: February 21, 2021, 03:53:08 PM »
Someone at GW is really cranking out lovely skeletons at a record pace!

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #11395 on: February 22, 2021, 05:54:22 PM »
Whilst browsing my lead mountain, I discovered some Valhallan figures.
Searching online and I've got the following:
  • Valhallan Lieutenant
  • Valhallan Sergeant  with Chainsword
  • 3 x Valhallan with flamer

I've no idea why I would have them, but any ideas on how much they would be worth secondhand?

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11396 on: February 23, 2021, 02:56:47 AM »
Depending on the figure, can be worth up to $10-15 a pop.  Basic troopers occasionally a bit less.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #11397 on: February 23, 2021, 01:18:50 PM »
Depending on the figure, can be worth up to $10-15 a pop.  Basic troopers occasionally a bit less.

Thanks for the response. Guess I'll be selling them then!  lol

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #11398 on: February 23, 2021, 01:56:23 PM »
  • Valhallan Lieutenant
  • Valhallan Sergeant  with Chainsword
  • 3 x Valhallan with flamer

I only bought some of these late last year!  :)

For singles, I paid about £5-6 for the flamers, £4-5 for the Sergeant, and £6-9 for the Lieutenant. Postage was typically about £1.50 per figure on top. Normally though, I bought a job lot of figures to keep postage costs down, and it's a good way to get most of what you need for a fair price - after a few larger lots, I then go fishing for small number of loose figs to round out what I have into complete squads.

If you search on eBay, and set the filters to "sold items", it shows what people have paid for them. It's also notable to see the difference between what stuff sells for, and what some sellers on ebay ask for.  ;)

One more thing; keep in mind that the flamer and sergeant came in the old initial-release squad box, so are quite common.
The Lt was available on his own, and also sold more than you'd expect since people bought and painted them up as Commissars for other Imperial Guard regiments too.

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
« Reply #11399 on: February 23, 2021, 02:25:27 PM »
I'm entirely planning to just envision this game as taking place in or near good ol' Sylvania or to use the miniatures for Mordheim and other project
Exactly, same kind of thinking here.
It's a long time the lore of GW main fantasy game is gone in a direction that I find extremely boring.
I look at their assortment from the perspective to feed my old games, this is why I will get this new WQ as soon is released, even if I don't play the game I have a alternative uses for all the models and the tiles