Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:28:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689748
  • Total Topics: 118292
  • Online Today: 821
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1696122 times)

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #11415 on: March 31, 2021, 09:55:38 AM »
@Major_Gilbear - Thanks for the comprehensive response.

Indeed, I have found the more tiny bits to be more prone to breakage in construction as well. I have also found that when dropping plastic models it is best to just let them fall and not try to grab them. As Sir_Theo mentioned, the spears and pikes appear to be fairly chunky so it would seem my fears are perhaps misplaced.

Thanks all for the response.

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11416 on: March 31, 2021, 11:17:30 AM »
@Major_Gilbear - Thanks for the comprehensive response.

Indeed, I have found the more tiny bits to be more prone to breakage in construction as well. I have also found that when dropping plastic models it is best to just let them fall and not try to grab them. As Sir_Theo mentioned, the spears and pikes appear to be fairly chunky so it would seem my fears are perhaps misplaced.

Thanks all for the response.

I've certainly done more damage to myself and the model when trying to catch a falling plastic model than would have been done by just letting it hit the floor.
Spears and banners are fine, what bothers me are the tiny little dangly bits like pouches, charms and spikes - those break off and can't be found or repaired easily.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #11417 on: April 03, 2021, 04:39:48 PM »
I was going to post that Cursed City is up for pre-order on the GW web site - link

However, it's already "no longer available online". There's no option to set up a callback email, so presumably if you didn't order within the first few minutes of getting the email, you'll need to look elsewhere.

Wayland and others will presumably get a stock, but I don't remember seeing anything about it being a limited edition run.

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11418 on: April 03, 2021, 07:25:13 PM »
I was going to post that Cursed City is up for pre-order on the GW web site - link

However, it's already "no longer available online". There's no option to set up a callback email, so presumably if you didn't order within the first few minutes of getting the email, you'll need to look elsewhere.

Wayland and others will presumably get a stock, but I don't remember seeing anything about it being a limited edition run.
It won't be a limited edition run: the Quest titles stay in the range for a couple of years, and they'll keep them in production for as long as they have plans to release expansions (2-2.5 years for Blackstone Fortress).

It's just that GW has been having production issues (mainly covid-related I think, amplified for kits that require additional resources they don't produce in-house like the tiles or what have you in these boxed games). So the first wave may sell out quickly, but a few weeks/months from now there will be more; it won't be gone permanently.
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11419 on: April 03, 2021, 11:29:12 PM »
I've been sorely temnpted by it but at NZ$400, it's not something that I can really afford. 2 months of power bills for a board game?

Offline Red Kop

• Bookworm
« Reply #11420 on: April 04, 2021, 12:27:05 AM »
I've been sorely temnpted by it but at NZ$400, it's not something that I can really afford. 2 months of power bills for a board game?

I think the $390 one comes with the novel also.
Just the game is $345 and would assume Mighty Ape will have a bit of a discount on that price also... so it might be worth taking a look there. That's what I'll be doing.

I'm assuming that it will sell out faster than you can say "sell out" but hopefully that will just be the first wave and more stock will come through sooner rather than later.

Still a bit of coin though - gotta love the NZ tax on GW stuff...  ::)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11421 on: April 04, 2021, 06:23:14 AM »
True, Mightyape will probably be a good 10-20% off. I don't think it is the tax though. It is GW's policy of actually selling things more expensive down south. You're not allowed to purchase through UK or US dealers which would still be cheaper. I heard they had some excuse of warehousing down this way (because they don't have warehouses everywhere  ::) ) Might be wrong on that though.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #11422 on: April 04, 2021, 11:39:05 AM »
We missed it but will get it later on. Besides, we order on the discount from the UK and the preorders were limited to 1 only ( to prevent scalping ) so yes, patience, patience.
Enough kits to make and models to paint over here  ;).
Leadhead

Offline Phyllion

• Scientist
    • Diary of a Gaming Magpie
« Reply #11423 on: April 04, 2021, 08:21:01 PM »
Ordered Cursed City, first GW purchase for many years other than a couple of blood bowl teams. I’m sure I’ll get round to painting it...sometime.

Next, to look at Rangers of Shadowdeep...

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #11424 on: April 13, 2021, 06:28:11 AM »
Ordered Cursed City,...
Same. I have most of the Blackstone Fortress stuff; just missing Traitor Command which is like dried tigers penis these days. ::)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11425 on: April 13, 2021, 07:27:32 AM »
Checked a couple of hours after it was up for sale. Sold out. Sigh, another curse of down under I imagine (haven't checked on GW official though)

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11426 on: April 15, 2021, 07:54:36 AM »
I can't say I'm too excited about Cursed City myself (although those zombies are right lovely in their way) but that Lord Kroak...I don't need BOTH of my kidneys to live, surely?  lol

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11427 on: April 15, 2021, 08:15:12 AM »
Is there a new Kroak?
I'm mostly interested in the undead minis rather than the game. I might pick up the new underwrolds starter set and the vampire band though.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #11428 on: April 15, 2021, 08:45:02 AM »
Yeah OK, GW has impressed me with the new Lord Kroak. Fair play.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Vladimir Raukov

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11429 on: April 15, 2021, 09:34:34 AM »
Is there a new Kroak?
I'm mostly interested in the undead minis rather than the game. I might pick up the new underwrolds starter set and the vampire band though.

Oh yes, there's a new Kroak...well not yet, but soon.