Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:43:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1694411 times)

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #11505 on: June 22, 2021, 12:12:30 AM »
Echoes, sure… but different. Like Seraphon to the classic GW Lizardmen. Similar in some ways but otherwise different.

And yeah, I got a feeling of some old school GW influence but also the Orc designs from the Hobbit.

These Orcs are supposed to be followers of Mork, so more cunning and brutal, instead of the brutal and cunning of Gorkers, like the discontinued regular Orcs, Black Orcs and Super Black Orcs. Shamans are supposed to be Morkers and if you look at the recent ones, they do look a little slimmer than the ones I recall from WFB 6th Edition.

The Hobgoblins look like the ones from WotC's OOP Chainmail line: Hobgoblin Adept. The one thing I dislike about the Hobgrots is the tassets suspended from their hips and held up by ropes from the breastplate - the belly is exposed! Was someone listening to a Shakira song? lol

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11506 on: July 04, 2021, 12:51:53 PM »
I really like the new ork warbeast things they just previewed - The swamp lizard thing has hints of the old Nick Bibby dragons in it's overall shape - it almost looks like an animal that could actually exist.

The goblins riding a giant insane troll is fantastic, It reminds of something Rackham might have put out.It also looks familar, as if i've seen the concept somewhere before, but I can't quite place it.

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #11507 on: July 06, 2021, 02:32:21 PM »
I really like the new ork warbeast things they just previewed - The swamp lizard thing has hints of the old Nick Bibby dragons in it's overall shape - it almost looks like an animal that could actually exist.

The goblins riding a giant insane troll is fantastic, It reminds of something Rackham might have put out.It also looks familar, as if i've seen the concept somewhere before, but I can't quite place it.

I think it was another company using Rackham's concept art that put out a goblin wizard riding atop a Red Troll.

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #11508 on: July 07, 2021, 09:30:30 AM »
I think it was another company using Rackham's concept art that put out a goblin wizard riding atop a Red Troll.

Nope, Master Sulphur was an official Confrontation mini (I have a copy kicking about somewhere). Probably recasts you've seen from the usual guys.

I've seen a bunch of folk unhappy with the different style of GW orcs/goblins but got to say they're a vast improvement for me. Then again I've always hated the gorilla orcs...

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #11509 on: July 08, 2021, 07:20:31 PM »
Looks like Dominion stock is a limited run (but larger than the last collections at least):

Stocks of Dominion are starting to run low, so if you want a ruthless ready-made horde of your own, this is your last chance to pick up a copy

Taken from Warhammer Comunity article 'These Amazing Kruleboyz Paint Jobs Bring Stunning Colour to the Swamps of Ghur'

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #11510 on: July 08, 2021, 09:20:27 PM »
Meanwhile, the biggest wargaming distributor and retail here in Spain just posted that they have overstock of Dominion boxes that they will sell at a discount.

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #11511 on: July 09, 2021, 09:22:53 PM »
Meanwhile, the biggest wargaming distributor and retail here in Spain just posted that they have overstock of Dominion boxes that they will sell at a discount.
As does my normal shop here in the U.K. - a case of GW spreading FUD I wonder???

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #11512 on: July 09, 2021, 09:25:59 PM »
If they have to tell people it's selling fast they have way more stock left than they hoped for at this point. Still got me to buy my first GW start box in two decades.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11513 on: July 10, 2021, 03:19:21 AM »
The AOS rebuild still leaves me cold so I will give Dominion a pass.  I was interested in the Gaunt's Ghosts release but the $10.5 USD per figure cost will probably end my interest. Maybe if I see them on ebay for resale later...
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #11514 on: July 10, 2021, 03:50:18 PM »
What level of discount? Probably cheaper at RRP than what we're charged in the US...

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #11515 on: July 15, 2021, 11:55:00 PM »
The new Kill Team box looks interesting- the two factions look great (Ork Commandos and gorgeous Death Korps of Krieg) the Ork terrain is nice and the rules actually sound....fun? no ranges for the majority of weapons, multiple wounds per model, simplified movement. Just sounds like a beer and pretzels dice chucker

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #11516 on: July 16, 2021, 03:10:28 AM »
Yes, I'm pretty excited about this release. I use 40k stuff for Pulp Alley, so these new purpose-built skirmish teams will be perfect. I hope there are more sets to come.

Normally I have no interest in GW's rules, but these ones do seem much more interesting.

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #11517 on: July 16, 2021, 03:13:55 AM »
I use 40k stuff for Pulp Alley, so these new purpose-built skirmish teams will be perfect.
Lol I have something similar in mind for the fantasy stuff.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #11518 on: July 16, 2021, 03:54:35 AM »
I don't recall orks having access to any kind of sniper before, that's a new development.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Online 3Fingers2

• Librarian
« Reply #11519 on: July 16, 2021, 05:46:05 AM »
I don't recall orks having access to any kind of sniper before, that's a new development.
It’s not very orky is it  lol
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 06:26:44 PM by 3Fingers2 »