Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:34:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691091
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1703501 times)

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #11820 on: April 11, 2022, 08:20:20 AM »
I did similar with a bottle of Orangina.

Doh!  lol lol

The new Norse Bloodbowl team look pretty cool, it'd be good if GW did some marauders like that or dare I say it a Norse faction for the new Fantasy.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/04/10/sunday-preview-beer-brutality-and-blood-bowl/
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Online Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11821 on: April 11, 2022, 04:23:52 PM »
Really liking the look of that necromunda land train! I'm just afraid, given GWs current bizarre prices, How much the beast is gonna be.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #11822 on: April 11, 2022, 04:34:48 PM »
Im hoping the land train comes with out the containers as I already have 8 of them to build, but I reckon about 50 squids for it.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11823 on: April 12, 2022, 07:35:05 AM »
It looks cool but seems to be Necromunda is now getting far from the small group of minis to play a game. Looks like a fun mad max style thing though.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11824 on: April 12, 2022, 08:25:45 AM »
If I see more vehicles added then I might be a little more interested but as to the giant fleas will pass. Train does look pretty cool though.
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Scientist
« Reply #11825 on: April 12, 2022, 10:14:38 PM »
It looks cool but seems to be Necromunda is now getting far from the small group of minis to play a game. Looks like a fun mad max style thing though.

It'll be interesting to see if this is really a stand-alone game in the same setting, won't it? I am wondering how GW will integrate the hive/wastes. For example, if I spend lots of creds gearing up for the Wastes (hiring Coin Guild vehicles and buying buggies, all of which don't seem to be useful on a standard hive gameboard), will it ever be worth my while moving my gang back into Hive warfare? 

Offline McMordain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11826 on: April 13, 2022, 01:53:39 PM »
It'll be interesting to see if this is really a stand-alone game in the same setting, won't it? I am wondering how GW will integrate the hive/wastes. For example, if I spend lots of creds gearing up for the Wastes (hiring Coin Guild vehicles and buying buggies, all of which don't seem to be useful on a standard hive gameboard), will it ever be worth my while moving my gang back into Hive warfare? 

In my experience the game is heavily reliant to having an arbitrator for campaign play, who acts almost like a GM in an RPG. He can help with the transition between settings, like selling hauling rigs, if there are no rules for this in the book(s).
Also I always thought about the various extra books, beside the core rule book and the underhive gangs book, as supplementary books. Not necessary but they can expand the game.

Bear Pirates Go To Hell!

Offline NotifyGrout

• Librarian
  • Sub-Random, Cut-Up, Trident
« Reply #11827 on: April 15, 2022, 12:24:09 AM »
I'm annoyed that my local Barnes and Noble rapidly sold out of issues 10 and 11 of Imperium. Meanwhile, the LGS that carries it still hasn't gotten anything later than Issue 5  :-[

I want less than half of everything that comes with it, so subscribing is not an optimal choice for me (especially since that money is going to Warzone Eternal's KS when that drops :D )
https://www.instagram.com/notify_grout/
Current projects: collecting way too many vintage Warzone models.

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Scientist
« Reply #11828 on: April 19, 2022, 12:13:36 AM »
A belt-fed rocket launcher wielded by a tough lady on a souped-up quad. I'm not sure I'll buy it, but I love that it exists.

This also makes me think of a story my grandfather told me, of an enthusiastic US officer fitting some kind of cannon into the nose of my granddad's Catalina flying boat (he wanted something with a big gun that could fire upwards from the sea to hit Japanese coastal bunkers well-protected by overhanging cliff - don't ask me for any more details). No time for proper testing apparently  o_o, so off they went, only to discover that the physics of the gun's firing caused the plane to stop dead in its tracks in the water in front of the IJN position. I have no idea if this is a true story, but I feel sorry the poor guy driving the quad. 

Edit: d'oh, the rocket launcher'd be recoilless, wouldn't it? Ignore me  lol
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 12:17:23 AM by Belligerentparrot »

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11829 on: April 19, 2022, 05:16:10 AM »
While the quads (and to some extent the terrain) I kind of like (not enough to buy it though) they really won't catch my real interest until they come up with cars and/or trucks.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #11830 on: April 19, 2022, 08:59:00 AM »
 For the ash wasted to be pretty deadly lots of the figures seem to have a lot of bare skin showing.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #11831 on: April 19, 2022, 10:56:45 AM »

Fun fact: Gorka Morka was originally intended to be an Ash Wastes game, to complement (the first) Necromunda. The original plan was to integrate it with Necromunda proper, to allow gangs to venture outside of the underhive. I can't remember what the reason was to change the setting to Angelis, but the origin can still be seen in several small tidbits in the rules and fluff of Necromunda. Especially Outlanders, where you can actually hire an Ashwaste Nomad Guide (or was it a tracker?) as a mercenary. Of course he's of little use within the Hive, but I like the fact that he's still there to hire anyway :)

For the ash wasted to be pretty deadly lots of the figures seem to have a lot of bare skin showing.

Agreed. At the time I actually sourced an Ash Waste Nomad from Confrontation, the Necromunda forerunner, to fill this niche, and he was covered head to toes in rags and wrappings, including goggles, almost like a Tusken Raider...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #11832 on: April 19, 2022, 08:24:25 PM »
There's a bunch of stuff being withdrawn from sale "for a while". The list is here.

There are a couple that I'm almost tempted by, but probably not enough to buy them. They're a bit vague on when they're going, and some of them are already listed as being out of stock online.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11833 on: April 19, 2022, 09:33:13 PM »
If they're not ditching those units permanently, maybe they'll move over to Siocast (with an obnoxious Games Workshop name instead), and charge even more.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11834 on: April 19, 2022, 09:44:47 PM »
Most of them appear to be epicfailcast anyway >:(

Not for me even if they were cheaper lol
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.