Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:53:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690842
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1701294 times)

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #8835 on: September 04, 2018, 11:27:49 PM »
While i think that your example is faulty (Its more like - buy 40Ł and get something worth 10Ł free, then return stuff you bought, get 40ł back, buy it again to get another freebie  and then return main stuff again - get 40 back but keep the freebie scheme )

I dont think LA and this thread is a place to discus schemes like this

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #8836 on: September 05, 2018, 05:39:22 AM »
It's obviously veering into fraudulent behaviour (and outright fraud, in a legally enforceable way, IMHO, under German law; UK might be different).

At the very least, it has an ethically rather unsavoury air. Will all involved please cut it out now before you post something that may land you in hot water.

Offline MachinaMandala

• Librarian
« Reply #8837 on: September 05, 2018, 12:05:44 PM »
Since I can tell you guys are unhappy with this, I'll stop and remove past messages. I do want to state that I disagree that theft, fraud or anything illegal or unsavoury has been suggested here.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 12:12:17 PM by MachinaMandala »

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #8838 on: September 05, 2018, 12:22:40 PM »
Your own previous post did not  even agree with your next, changing from using a coupon twice to having two coupons, don't mind structured discussion, as long as its consistent, but don't care, its not the topic I want to read about here, so glad its gone.

Thankfully in most cases in our modern world there are mechanisms stopping you using a coupon more times than you are supposed to.

Look forward to this topic getting back on topic and moving on :)

If I see some of those magazines I might pick some up but unlikely, i really trying to find a way of justifying getting a chunk of titanicus, but will not be this month for sure!

Offline MachinaMandala

• Librarian
« Reply #8839 on: September 05, 2018, 12:39:01 PM »
Your own previous post did not  even agree with your next, changing from using a coupon twice to having two coupons, don't mind structured discussion, as long as its consistent, but don't care, its not the topic I want to read about here, so glad its gone.

It made no relevant difference to the point anyway. ::)

Two coupons each usable once is the same as a single coupon usable twice.

Anyway, like I said, time to stop the discussion.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #8840 on: September 05, 2018, 12:45:40 PM »
On a more positive note, and especially for me as they are my current gang in action, GW have updated and made available for free, the Chaos Cultist rules for Necromunda - which you can find here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/09/04/the-dark-gods-rise-in-the-underhivegw-homepage-post-4fw-homepage-post-2/
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #8841 on: September 05, 2018, 12:55:39 PM »
The Horus Heresy box sets have been removed from sale, is this the beginning of the old stumpy marine being purged in favour of the new taller primaris...or just making way for something new? Time will tell  ???

Offline MachinaMandala

• Librarian
« Reply #8842 on: September 05, 2018, 01:03:08 PM »
The Horus Heresy box sets have been removed from sale, is this the beginning of the old stumpy marine being purged in favour of the new taller primaris...or just making way for something new? Time will tell  ???

I think they probably did a limited run and then (shocker) discovered sales died off as soon as the invalidated the scale of the HH marines.

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #8843 on: September 05, 2018, 01:19:10 PM »

Well... no, because all the figures in those boxes are available in separate sets.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #8844 on: September 05, 2018, 01:27:45 PM »
On a more positive note, and especially for me as they are my current gang in action, GW have updated and made available for free, the Chaos Cultist rules for Necromunda - which you can find here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/09/04/the-dark-gods-rise-in-the-underhivegw-homepage-post-4fw-homepage-post-2/

And what a much nicer updated gang it is now..
I absolutely loathe limiting wargear options to be based on single plastic set..
Now they are cool

GW made Chaos great again :>

My only little against is that they did not include Cult brute wile there are many options to choose from, and 3 more will be available next week..
Ambull and Ogryn are ok but Big mutants with tentacles would be better :>

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #8845 on: September 05, 2018, 02:31:12 PM »
Yeah I misread the spawn being available for purchase in Skirmish games only at first . . . . . now I have to hope I fail a roll.

Mutants would be cool, extra limbs even . . . . which Stealer cultists have so surprised they haven't gone that route with CC's. Not only that but the actual miniatures available are quite limited. You can only get the basic grunts now, so conversions are required.

That said, I do have 'Tentacle' in my gang who has a tentacle for an arm and it counts as a flail. After one of our first Necro '17 games he has been nicknamed 'Tentai'  ;D

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #8846 on: September 05, 2018, 02:54:16 PM »
Spawn is very cool little gimmick but can be costly to upkeep. It would be best probably to have 3 dedicated Spawn handlers - cheapest possible :P

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8847 on: September 05, 2018, 06:23:08 PM »
Got my Middle Earth rulebooks today, along with some One Ring and Rohan dice.

Production values excellent, nice bookmark in the binding, and the rules cleanup is nicely done from what I can read at a glance.

Looks like Middle Earth is back on the menu, boys!

Back to painting my Rohirrim.  ;)
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #8848 on: September 05, 2018, 10:18:42 PM »
That Pelennor Fields box might be my first GW purchase in.... well, forgot when I did the last one, it's been quite a while... ::)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8849 on: September 06, 2018, 11:06:22 AM »
That Pelennor Fields box might be my first GW purchase in.... well, forgot when I did the last one, it's been quite a while... ::)
It'll be 11yrs for me...so I guess not since LotR was killed off by the community