Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:18:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Shoot n' Skedaddle - UK customers wanted.  (Read 14267 times)

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
    • Hrafnslith - Dark Age Reenactment
Shoot n' Skedaddle - UK customers wanted.
« on: August 17, 2013, 07:41:50 PM »
Howdy folks,

I'm looking to put together an order with Elbows for a number of copies of his excellent Shoot n' Skedaddle cards. What I need is about five or more people interested in getting a set so that we save on shipping and I can distribute them to you when I receive them here in the UK.

Game cards unboxed $25
Game cards boxed $30
Acrylic laser cut game tokens $15

Here's the list of who is interested (mainly for my benefit):

Malamute
Mason
Deedles
Gutbukkit
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 10:52:23 AM by Gutbukkit »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Shoot n' Skedaddle - UK customers wanted.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 10:10:51 PM »
Also, I'll be doing some math and seeing how much it'll cost to have the components shipped to me, and then shipped to you guys.  I'm "guessing" perhaps $50 total ($10 per person).  I'll see if I can get you a better number at some point.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 12:45:49 AM »
Elbows as a former Postal employee and someone that ships stuff....depending on the order and weight, it may be best to go with a Priority Flat Rate box for overseas shipping, so that way you can pack it to the weight limit without extra cost.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 01:02:35 AM »
Yeah I have a scale, so I'll knock up the total stuff online and then choose the best option.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 08:13:01 AM »
I'm in for a set of the cards.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:21:20 PM by Malamute »
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Deedles

• Mastermind
    • One man & his brushes
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 08:16:48 AM »
Yep, count me in..
Cheers
Deedles

One day the lead mountain will be gone.... one day

http://onemanhisbrushes.blogspot.co.uk/
http://blazingdice.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 10:31:48 AM »
Looks like its just the four of us. Are you ready to place the order?

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
    • Hrafnslith - Dark Age Reenactment
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 10:40:20 AM »
It does indeed look like just us four but that should be enough. If those on the list PM me with what they'd like (box or no box and if you want tokens) then I'll pass that on to Elbows.

Offline jonke75

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 02:30:20 PM »
I'm not sure If I'd save any by joining in on the UK order and then have it shipped on to Sweden from UK.
Perhaps it would be cheaper since UK postage to sweden is so extremely cheap. But as I'm not sure on the savings I dont think I'll interfere with your plans as a UK/(europe) order.
"We're gonna give you a fair trial, followed by a first class hanging."

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 08:08:56 PM »
Guys, I've been doing the math, looking at UPS, Fedex, and USPS...and shipping for a 2-3 lb. box is quoting me at $50 USD...why this is so much more than the box I sent to Finland I don't know.  As of now it's probably too much shipping to split between four people.  

Jonke75, could you do me a favour and PM me your address?  I'm trying to figure out why the UK is the most expensive place in the world to ship stuff (and I get stuff shipped to me for cheap FROM the UK).

If another person or two get in on the UK order, the box won't increase much, and it'd be around $7-8 per person, instead of $12.  I'm really stumped on this.

EDIT: Those clever asshats...so...turns out they hid all of the "reasonable" shipping options under another tab, hoping you'd not click on it.  Looks like I can do it for $35 shipping, which makes it more reasonable.  Good!  
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:21:34 PM by Elbows »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 11:21:50 PM »
SOUND OF CRASHING GLASS

So...I was at a convention this weekend and discussing the woes of international commerce for a small non-company like myself with a buddy.  He has quite convinced me to make a full-PDF version of SnS available at a much reduced cost.  It would be around $10 or so for the full PDF including all of the cards - which the players would have to print/cut etc. themselves.  I've PMed the members here in the UK group buy to ask their opinion.

The cards will remain available at their normal price (and players who'ved purchased them will get a free final copy of the PDF for no charge).

I will likewise offer a $20 rebate to anyone who has purchased the cards currently if they feel cheated/hard-done-by.  I do believe the cards are a great part of the game, the quality is good, and they add curb appeal, I just have a hard time justifying international shipping etc.  I figure this would open up the availability to all of the guys in Europe, Australia etc.  or gamers who want to give the game a go on the cheap (and decide if they'd like to invest in the cards fully).

Obviously this would take me several weeks to finalize and finish, but I am looking for opinions.

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 01:14:55 AM »
Of late I have been considering the same dilemma of what to do about a final product. PDF is so much more accessible to so many more folk and you are free of postage hassles. On the other hand an actual book and/or printing game accessories is so much more attractive and tangible.

You could always offer both still...
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 01:56:34 AM »
Oh, well yes the cards will remain available for sale - they just won't be necessary (though quality colour printing on card stock will still cost a bit of money).  I'll honor the UK group buy, no problem...and as I said, anyone who bought the cards will get the full final PDF.

I just know that $25-30 +shipping for the cards is a put off when so many excellent alternates are available for cheaper. 

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 09:55:42 PM »
Okay guys, the UK order is still on as planned.

But for other international customers, there will be a cheaper PDF option available in a couple of weeks (assuming I can get it properly sorted).  I agree wholeheartedly with the guys that the cards are one of the draws, but I simply want to ensure that the game is accessible to as many people as want to try it. 

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 10:43:16 PM »
All guys are paid up, I'll be placing the order shortly.  Will let Gut know when it shows up (should be a little under 2 weeks?) and then I'll have it shipped out.