Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:44:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690588
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 834
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Wargame Holidays New Season 2014  (Read 928 times)

Offline Jon Suth

• Scientist
Wargame Holidays New Season 2014
« on: August 20, 2013, 09:19:47 AM »
It only seems like yesterday that we were bidding farewell to the last guests of the 2013 season, our biggest, busiest and most successful so far. Thanks to all our new guests and our growing groups of regulars. We had a fantastic mix of old and new friends.

Game designer and author, Maurice Suckling, visited us for the first time this year. Here's what he had to say:
"The holiday was truly wonderful! I can't think what else a wargamer could wish for! Jon's easygoing nature and enthusiasm shaped the whole experience. Jon and Diane stage-managed things perfectly, presenting us with ever more tricky wargaming encounters through which to navigate, culminating in the dizzying and unforgettable drama of a two day recreation of Antietam on a mammoth table with thousands of figures. I'm jolly glad ten year old me never had the chance to do this - I fear my head may have imploded with excitement! Oh, and I also laughed a lot. And it was also in a great location with extremely friendly people and excellent food both on site and just a short walk away."

Johnnie and Maggie Callow from Scotland joined us for a week in July:
"My wife and I had a fantastic week in Crete. The apartment and complex is idyllic and Maria and Adonis are perfect hosts and so friendly. I had an outstanding wargame experience thanks to Jon and Diane. The terrain was a joy to play on and the three games I was lucky enough to play were well thought out and great fun too. Hopefully it won't be too long until we manage another visit. Many thanks to my fellow gamers who were great players and fun to be with."

Paolo Scarpa from Milan, Italy, returned for the second time:
"It's my second time in Crete and it has been another great experience. Lovely tables, great scenarios and beautiful atmosphere. Highly recommended."

Belgian Theo is another one of our regulars:
"For the third time a great gaming experience. Looking forward to come for a fourth time. I found the Rorke's Drift game just awesome."

First time guest Marek said:
"For experienced wargamers and novices alike I cannot recommend Wargame Holidays enough. Jon and Diane offer an exhaustive list of epic battles that are brought to life by their huge collection of lovingly crafted models and buildings. They run a friendly and experienced ship. I am looking forward to visiting again."

We also had our first female wargamer all the way from Australia. Together with her husband they said:
"It is truly wargaming in the grand manner, with Jon interpreting the rules it makes wargaming so easy. Diane's artistic touch makes the wargames table look much better than what you would see at wargame shows."

We're delighted to announce our new season dates for 2014. We'll be opening for our first games on June 3 and will be running all the way through to July 31.

This year you can begin your gaming experience with us on a Monday, Tuesday or Friday. Our new flexible system allows you to stay a week or longer, or simply for a couple of days.

We have not allocated any games to specific dates and leave it up to you to decide. If you are the first to book you get the choice of whatever combination of one, two or four-day games you fancy. Just get in touch either by email or give us a call and we'll do the rest.

We have not offered any August games at present, mainly because of the cost of flights and the heat of Crete. However if a group would like to come along during August we could try to organise this.

Visit the web site for details. If you get in first you can choose any combination of the following games:

World War 2 in 20mm - Normandy 1944 and Crete 1941
Anglo-Zulu War in 15 and 28mm - Isandlwana (15mm) and Rorke's Drift (28mm)
Black Powder in 28mm - American Civil War, Indian Mutiny and French/Indian Wars
Pirate ship to ship action in 28mm

NEW FOR 2014 - Darkest Africa in 28mm, Greek City States in 28mm and Hastings in 28mm

For more details, please visit us at www.wargameholidays.com