Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:00:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 770
Total: 774

Recent

Author Topic: Ouch!, and Ouch! again  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
Ouch!, and Ouch! again
« on: May 20, 2008, 06:29:33 AM »

Man, tonight I cut myself with my scalpel, for the first time in quite a while, and then I glued my fingertips together!  That was a first.  Thank God for helpful super glue de-bondage advice on the internet.

To provide some excuse for this post, here's what I was working on:

Recognize it PeteMurray?

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: Ouch!, and Ouch! again
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 08:06:21 AM »
ooh shiny :-* you should award that Quar the Purple heart :)

Offline Trencher

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 08:55:05 PM »
In Quar terms: Therefore you will be awarded with the Assault Cluster with the Red Tear (indicating posthumously) lol ;)

Interesting use of this Ford armoured car. This is an excellent idea. Do you mind posting some more WIP-pics?
Especially one of the gwagenaer (= vehiclequar).
TANK POLO? God, how our gardener hated that game!

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 01:16:25 AM »
Oh lord. I should have expected nothing less than blood out of this point.

Some history!

1. Mancha posts some stuff to trade here.
2. I offer some Asien Korps and Betty Steele. Mancha accepts.
3. I can't find the Asien Korps in the local lead reserve. I figure I must have moved them ahead of our summer move with the rest of the strategic lead reserve to my folks' place. I dispatch my father to find the minis. I guide him by phone to the likely location, and he says he's got them and will drop them by.
4. These turn out to be Turks. I tell Mancha I'll find them later, sorry for the delay. By now I have Mancha's half of the trade in hand.
5. I don't get to the strategic lead reserve until a week later. The Asien Korps have vanished completely.
6. Embarrassed beyond belief, I offer Mancha credit to Brigade. Mancha accepts. The armored Model T is part of a tack-on he adds to the order.
7. Betty Steele (who was posted separately) comes back - the USPS tells me that the envelope is too thick! I resend Betty.
8. Mancha earns the Assault Cluster with Tear (live award).

I prophesise that that Ford will go on to bring woe on the tabletop. It will never be indifferent - it will carry the day or cost the victory. It is a vehicle shrouded in omens of doom!

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 04:23:50 AM »
In Quar terms: Therefore you will be awarded with the Assault Cluster with the Red Tear (indicating posthumously) lol ;)

Interesting use of this Ford armoured car. This is an excellent idea. Do you mind posting some more WIP-pics?
Especially one of the gwagenaer (= vehiclequar).
How about cerbydaer? Nice A/C. 8)
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 04:45:07 AM »

It was probably about time I went through some misery related to that trade.  Hey, it's too bad you didn't tell me what your father did[/unearth], as I might have been interested in Turks.  (You didn't need to hear that now, did you? :))

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 11:00:32 AM »

Some history!

1. Mancha posts some stuff to trade here.
2. I offer some Asien Korps and Betty Steele. Mancha accepts.
3. I can't find the Asien Korps in the local lead reserve. I figure I must have moved them ahead of our summer move with the rest of the strategic lead reserve to my folks' place. I dispatch my father to find the minis. I guide him by phone to the likely location, and he says he's got them and will drop them by.
4. These turn out to be Turks. I tell Mancha I'll find them later, sorry for the delay. By now I have Mancha's half of the trade in hand.
5. I don't get to the strategic lead reserve until a week later. The Asien Korps have vanished completely.
6. Embarrassed beyond belief, I offer Mancha credit to Brigade. Mancha accepts. The armored Model T is part of a tack-on he adds to the order.
7. Betty Steele (who was posted separately) comes back - the USPS tells me that the envelope is too thick! I resend Betty.
8. Mancha earns the Assault Cluster with Tear (live award).

I prophesise that that Ford will go on to bring woe on the tabletop. It will never be indifferent - it will carry the day or cost the victory. It is a vehicle shrouded in omens of doom!

I think that sorry tale calls for a :

lol