Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:20:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 40k skirmish - Iron Fists vs. Underhive Scum  (Read 6662 times)

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
Re: 40k skirmish - Iron Fists vs. Underhive Scum
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 04:57:56 PM »
Awesome the pic of the mutant, sniper and cyborg has loaded properly for me! Wouldn't work over the weekend for some reason. I always liked that chaos champion with the long rifle miniature and you've done a cracking job on it. Fit's really well with the rest of your gang. You use that guy on the far right a Psyker? Another nice mini.  :D

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 05:28:48 PM »
Saw this thread on Saturday, looked at it once again on Sunday morning but by Sunday evening I had ordered a large bunch of figures from EM4 lol. Please explain to my Wife it wasn't my fault I crumbled and bought them honest!

Offline TF Riley

• Bookworm
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 07:28:19 PM »
Saw this thread on Saturday, looked at it once again on Sunday morning but by Sunday evening I had ordered a large bunch of figures from EM4 lol. Please explain to my Wife it wasn't my fault I crumbled and bought them honest!

Haha, well EM4 is not the most expensive manufacturer out there, but I suspect your fault(s) traces deeper than just this latest folly ;) But the minis are quite lovely despite being some 15 years old...

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 10:59:19 PM »
Alot of the ex-Grenadier sculpts are now going on 20 plus years and stand up really well for their age. Going to pick up some of the Copplestone range as well as some of the Spacelords Phagons as Necromunda has made a big come back at my local club. Oh well Wifes going to complain that the lead pile as grown again no doubt heh

Offline TF Riley

• Bookworm
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 10:10:02 AM »
The Phagons are high up on my want list too. Sadly, most of them are out of stock at the moment.

I could suspect Cooplestone to have sculpted these EM4 scavengers, they remind me alot of his style - the poses, sizes, boots, etc.

Offline TF Riley

• Bookworm
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 10:15:31 AM »
Awesome the pic of the mutant, sniper and cyborg has loaded properly for me! Wouldn't work over the weekend for some reason. I always liked that chaos champion with the long rifle miniature and you've done a cracking job on it. Fit's really well with the rest of your gang. You use that guy on the far right a Psyker? Another nice mini.  :D

Ah, so I shouldn't reveal that those four minis are nowhere near completely painted - only base coats, shading and some highlights - missing the final highlights and details :)

I usually get my minis as tabletop ready as possible, these I forgot about so they've been sitting in a box for more than a year  ::) But soon, I'll finish them - only the lot on the far left are completelt finished (not that one could tell the difference haha).

And yes, the subtitle should have read Seer - he's one of the old Astropath minis from Grandma's Rogue Trading days. Lovely sculpt!

/Thomas

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 11:09:19 AM »
I could suspect Cooplestone to have sculpted these EM4 scavengers, they remind me alot of his style - the poses, sizes, boots, etc.

They are Copplestone sculpts.