Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:25:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691122
  • Total Topics: 118375
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Khurasan previews 15mm blackpowder sci fi -- AVAILABLE NOW  (Read 5602 times)

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
Khurasan previews 15mm blackpowder sci fi -- AVAILABLE NOW
« on: November 16, 2013, 08:42:30 PM »
UPDATE: these have been released:http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/rise-of-the-garn.html

Our 15mm Rise of the Garn range is about to be released.  This is a blackpowder sci-fi range that will be perfect for Victorian Sci Fi, Fantasy with a rather higher tech than the usual Tolkienesque types, or even straight sci fi in which an alien civilisation is much less advanced than otherworldly visitors/invaders but not in total savagery.

For a lark, it might even be fun for Napoleonic players who want to use their own rules for something less serious, and much easier to paint!

First to be previewed are the Arak, for many centuries the great power of planet Torosus, with a balanced, professional army armed with blackpowder weapons -- a key advantage over the other sentients who had risen on the planet.  Well, most of them.

The core of the Arak armies are the battalions of Arak Infantry, armed with a short blackpowder smoothbore and a sword-bayonet.  Many of these march into combat in deep columns to better facilitate the war of concentration and manouevre that brought the Arak Emperor (called by some a tyrant), Qoor-Sekan, so many victories.  Each unit is given a Spider Standard with a golden spider atop it, a precious and revered symbol of the unit's attachment to emperor and nation.

Entire Arak infantry units could, and often did, break out into skirmish formation to pour fire on the enemy -- combined with the concentration of force of the attack columns, this was almost always enough to secure victory.  Almost always.

Mounted on the powerful Great Plains Klor, the dashing Arakavalry would seek out enemy flanks or force opposing infantry formations to deploy defensively, giving Qoor-Sekan time to mass his own forces.  Alternately, when the Arak were in danger, such as at the Battle of El-Oww, they could launch a desperate charge to delay the enemy advance.

All Arak in the Arakavalry are dashing and impetuous, but those who are able to set a good example and temper their impetuosity with cunning are promoted to the Arakavalry command.

Qoor-Sekan began his own career as a commander in the Arakannonry, a corps of heavy guns that can be deployed in small numbers to boost weak infantry forces or massed to blow a hole in the enemy lines.  Against less advanced enemies, such as the Slith, the Arakannonry is often enough to win a battle singlehandedly.

At the head of the armies were Arak who had, by skill or cunning (or, occasionally, relation to Qoor-Sekan) risen to command.  These hardened veterans had risen to the Arakommand and were awarded a leather cap indicative of their ability to order the instant death of any Arak who failed in its duty to army and emperor.

Seen below are a generic general officer, an aide, Qoor-Sekan himself, and another aide.

Here's a better look at Qoor-Sekan himself, the greatest commander of his age -- that is, until he invaded the last unconquered continent, and encountered a new race, the Garn, huge tyrannosauroid reptilians who defeated his invasion, ate him, then proceeded to conquer the rest of the planet.

The range will be released next week, as soon as I can do the html to set the new store page up.  Weekends are for editing images and catching up on orders!  Yes, I have an exciting life.  :-)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 03:59:33 PM by Khurasan Miniatures »
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Khurasan previews 15mm blackpowder sci fi
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 09:11:37 PM »
"that is, until he invaded the last unconquered continent, and encountered a new race, the Garn, huge tyrannosauroid reptilians who defeated his invasion, ate him, then proceeded to conquer the rest of the planet."
lol

Absolutely beautiful.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 09:20:57 PM »
This is a great lead into other possible non-traditional fantasy races. And baring the Garn, having consumed the whole race, night make a good fodder race for them.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Laughing Ferret

• Scientist
    • Laughing Ferret Lab Hobby Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 09:26:19 PM »
these are awesome  :-*  those mounts are truly scary... riders are pretty fearsome as well. very fun race, looking forward to seeing what else is in store!
"If History teaches us anything, it is that people don't really learn from history."

Hobby Pledge 2014: Bought: .  Painted: . (Pure hobby: no commissions included)
Hobby Blog is here: http://laughingferret.blogspot.com/
Commission Studio is here: http://www.laughingferretstudio

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 11:36:12 PM »
Mounts alone would make nice demonic creatures or alternative mounts for demons too !

Really nice minis  :o

Offline Paddy649

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 11:43:44 PM »
Ooooh! Nice!  Will we get these same sculpts through the ages - carrying lazer pulse rifles?  If so I'm in!

• Mastermind
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 02:12:31 AM »
Mounts alone would make nice demonic creatures or alternative mounts for demons too !

The mounts will be available separately.

Offline MrHarold

• Mad Scientist
  • Leading the way to where ever it is we're going...
    • ClearHorizon Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 04:53:56 AM »
The mounts will be available separately.

That's great! I need some of those!
ClearHorizon Miniatures - 15mm Sci-Fi Miniatures
http://www.clearhorizonminiatures.com

ClearHorizon Salavge - 15mm Miniatures Blog
http://clearhorizonsalvage.blogspot.com

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 05:51:35 AM »
You would not believe how many of your minis I long for in 28mm.  These are absolutely stunning, and well-executed different looking aliens.  Congratulations.
This is my boomstick!

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 10:27:19 AM »
You would not believe how many of your minis I long for in 28mm.  These are absolutely stunning, and well-executed different looking aliens.  Congratulations.

Come to the dark side and go 15mm....

I really like these! Random as, but bloody brilliant! Gunna use them as an alien civilisation located on the fringes of human space. A bit like Avatar only the aliens aren't a bunch of hippies.

Can't wait to see the armoured Garn as well! They will be uber cool!

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 04:18:58 PM »
 :o

I don't need this temptation!  How awesome and different black powder setting this looks like so far!

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 05:32:10 PM »
So I'm alone in wishing a few more appendages? Okay, hardly the first time.

Otherwise, very charmed indeed. And, definitely cogitating other uses for the mounts!

This is a great lead into other possible non-traditional fantasy races. And baring the Garn, having consumed the whole race, night make a good fodder race for them.

I thought that meant they WERE the fodder race...  lol

Yes, I have an exciting life.  :-)

I'm sitting in a dinosaur canyon (archaic mainframe computer centre) where, having finished most activities, I'm playing the magpie on this forum. Pathetic, I live for this place. When I'm not boring on TMP... ;->=

Doug

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 09:51:34 PM »
Those mounts will find their way into my Martian army.   :D
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 09:57:32 PM »
Oops! I meant cannon fodder :P

• Mastermind
    • Khurasan Miniatures
Re: Khurasan previews 15mm blackpowder sci fi -- AVAILABLE NOW
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 03:58:28 PM »