Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:09:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Kickstarter Ended now - Base stamp pads - updated 15/9/2013 (picture heavy)  (Read 3783 times)

Offline muncehead

• Librarian
As I see it - the new aspect is the fact they are cast in resin not rubber, to get a sharper edge - I agree it works better on some of the pictures not all(they did get their kids to paint up some of the examples)

This:

when green stuff has been applied to the whole pad, hardened and painted, gives you this:

- a 15cm wide base.
Don't forget they are designed to be used like this:

providing a huge amount of variety to your bases.

I should add, I have nothing to do with these guys, other than being in for 5 bases myself. Will be using them on my Empire of the Dead figures as well as re-basing my fantasy RPG figures.
Have fun storming the castle! ...and that really isn't me you know...

Gothic Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=55943.0 - although on pause atm as too much RL stuff getting in the way.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
As I see it - the new aspect is the fact they are cast in resin not rubber, to get a sharper edge - I agree it works better on some of the pictures not all(they did get their kids to paint up some of the examples)

well, that makes them cheaper! or at least it should.

Again, some of the pieces are quite interesting and detailed, but it seems (to me) that other molds are just sand glued on a base, plus some random detail. or dices, or rocks.

Offline muncehead

• Librarian
Not sure if that is the painting/washing used and I do see what you mean about the sand, especially on the beach-type one... although you could paint it as grass in the absence of flock.

I imagine they will retail at around £28 each once in the store. Sounds a bit steep until you take into account the variety and number of individual bases you can cast. There are some lovely pre-cast bases available out there and I have ones from Fenris Games, Terrain Geek, Micro-Art Studios, Basix to name a few and can still see myself getting those on top of what I can produce  using these pads.

The dice base.... hmm, not sure about that one....