Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:16:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) The Bunker Wargames Holiday Centre- What's it all about?  (Read 1800 times)

Offline thebunkergames

• Mad Scientist
  • -puts the game back into wargaming-
    • The Bunker Games
Hi Gents
      With respect to the old hands & stout chaps that do visit The Bunker, I feel an explanation is in order regarding Wargaming Holidays.
       The Bunker is a Wargames Holiday Centre. Gamers can book time at the centre and choose the games they wish to play. On the website there is a games menu, although I can offer many different options if desired
       Bunker games are fast play and are at small battle/large skirmish level - Waterloo is a no go, but you can play The Alamo! All the figures/terrain are painted & the scale used are 20mm for 20th Century onwards with 25/8mm for earlier periods.The reason for this is that I find that 20mm-1/72 etc has a great back up from model kits/railway/cars etc for 'modern' games. Of course one mans 25mm is anothers 20mm ....
       For gamers that have to travel I can provide food & lodgings (full board) and as the Bunker is situated in Newark -on- Trent (the home of Partizan) the delights of this English Civil War town are on the doorstep. It does boast a couple of model shops & a few decent real ale pubs for the happy few.
      Why visit The Bunker? Apart from the vast array of 'toys' to take in you can try new periods or play game with bespoke scenery that most gamers/clubs do not have access to. The games are all run for you - all you have to do is turn up & throw the dice. The Centre caters for groups of 5 maximum so you will always feel involved in the games.
      So apart from writing stuff on wargaming, giving talks to local groups using wargames as 'props', building scenery for people, this is what I do & I hope a few more LAFers will descend 'down The Bunker' (yes it is underground & the walls are lined with lead)
      So pm me if you wish or visit www.thebunkergames.com

Regards Shaun in The Bunker

ps I have a buy 4 get 1 free deal on at the moment!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:50:22 PM by Prof.Witchheimer »
I spent alot of money on strong drink & toy soldiers - the rest I just wasted...

Offline thebunkergames

• Mad Scientist
  • -puts the game back into wargaming-
    • The Bunker Games
Re: (COMMERCIAL) The Bunker Wargames Holiday Centre- What's it all about?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 05:02:19 PM »
Thanks for all the pm - I hope I have replied to all the questions.

A couple more bitz - when I post pics of the games played at The Bunker, they are of players who have booked games and not my gaming group & secondly the reason why the shelves in the background are full to bursting point is that they contain figures/terrain etc that I use in the games. I try not to hide stuff away so players can inspect the shelves when they are not gaming - it also adds to the Bunker experience

Regards
Shaun in The Bunker
www.thebunkergames.com