Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:11:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [BioSyndrome] A zombie table top survival horror war game [Ruleset/free]  (Read 4353 times)

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
  • Zombies ate my neighbors...
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
Fellow table top Post Apocalypse gamers,

My first post here, I believe a small blurb about myself is in order. Some may know me already from the miniwargaming, rpgnet, living lead, dakka dakka forums, i go by the same name: oddeye. I have a wife and a son and enjoy tabletop gaming in my free time as many of you do and love the post apocalyptic setting.

In my free time I have been designing a free table top zombie wargame ruleset. There are currently modern and fantasy army lists. I also am working on a pen/paper rpg system to coincide with the wargame version to include classes, equipment, abilities ect. The game plays much like many other skirmish wargames with some unique rules using a D8 system. I have some youtube battle reports up as well if anyone is interested after viewing the rules to see a game played out. The  current version is 1.7 and is still a work in progress though it does include artwork and pictures of various units and terrain.

A few armies available to play as include (though not limited to)
Modern: US army, zombie horde, survivors, the company, ww2 german wehrmacht v1.8, bio monsters
Fantasy: Knights and wizards, undead, werewolves and vampires, pirates, undead pirates, samurai and ninja's

I'm adding in a few more armies, dragons (based off of breath of fire), a brotherhood army (for fallout fans, as i am one), a roman legion list and a few others. I'm working on getting these into the V1.8 release.

As I stated the game is very much a work in progress. The fantasy armies are still in alpha and do not have point costs associated to the units. It is free to download or view via the links below. I am open to all ideas, concepts, thoughts, concerns as I would like to improve upon the game. If anyone would like to help out by writing fan fiction, artwork or contributing ideas you are more than welcome to. Hope you all enjoy, I do ask that if you download the rules and do play a game that you post any feedback you may have here or on the google community. Happy gaming!

BioSyndrome Google Community and Rule Download

BioSyndrome Battle Report Youtube Channel

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:43:10 PM by oddeye »

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
Re: [BioSyndrome] A zombie table top survival horror war game [Ruleset/free]
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 06:46:54 PM »
Welcome to the LAF!
Make yourself comfortable, you won't leave soon ;)
per aspera ad astra

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 08:15:13 PM »
Haupt, thanks for the welcome!

So far this is the most active forum for post apocalypse miniature stuff so I'm sure you'll all get to know me quite quickly. Especially since I've been a fallout junkie since the 90's back when black isle was around.. and baldurs game / icewind dale series. Classics!   

As far as the zombie game I'm making for you fallout fans, I just ordered a army of power armor soldiers from brother vinni and am working on adding a army list into the modern rule set. I have a Bio-monster army list in the rules already and was stuck on the types of units to add, I think i will be turning that into the super muntants we all know and love. Raiders, NCR, vault dwellers ect can already be made from the survivors, coalition forces, and company army lists using the custom army builder rules containted in the rule book.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 08:23:30 PM »
Welcome to the LAF!
Make yourself comfortable, you won't leave soon ;)

Welcome to the Hotel Lead Adventure
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel Lead Adventure
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis

;)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 02:00:48 AM »
Again thanks for the warm welcome here! I appreciate it and am already feeling at home in the community (also enjoying delving into some of these thread as they are ripe with pictures and miniature links)!

If anyone is interested in viewing the rules directly online instead of downloading you can view the rules on scribd.com, another g + biosyndrome follower posted them up there for ease of use. I will start posting newer additions on there myself once I'm done with 1.8.

Online version BioSyndrome 1.7

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 06:22:13 AM »
Welcome Wasteland Wanderer.
Now that you've introduced yourself, show us some pics of your stuff.
We love pics of stuff  ;D
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Totleben

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
  • Mad wallah, resident sebastokrator
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 08:01:36 AM »
Thanks for creating and sharing your rules.

And welcome in LAF!

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 03:36:51 PM »
Some pictures of my stuff from BTP. Yes I had the majority of my armies painted professionally. I do paint a lot of my own stuff, and am currently painting my brotherhood of steel army, just picked up a box of gunners from dust tactics and got one of em done last night. Will be waiting on my order from brother vinni for another week or two for my power armor troops and weapons. I also stalk ebay for painted and based minis, just got two squads of german wehrmact in the other day. If you browse the biosyndrome google community there are videos, pictures, ect as well.

BTP album modern
BTP album fantasy

Edit: ok aparently you can't link from flickr anymore. Links above contain lots o pics. I'll get some more of my other stuff up and actually post it here when I'm not on my work computer.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:59:19 PM by oddeye »

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 10:20:44 PM »
Nice to see you over to Oddeye. I must give these a try when the hobbymeter swings back into the zombie apocalypse direction.

Offline oddeye

• Bookworm
    • BioSyndrome Rulebook
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 01:24:47 AM »
Nice to see you over to Oddeye. I must give these a try when the hobbymeter swings back into the zombie apocalypse direction.

You wouldn't happen to be the same brummie from living lead forums would you?? btw Is you avatar from baldurs gate? it looks mighty familar..

The army list possibilities are endless, I'm still refining the custom army list building rules though. Once they are done you can create any army you want. Doesn't "have" to be only against zombies, it's really up to your imagination. In fact I'm about to order some apes with m16s from ainsty casting.. (thinking planet of the apes).

I might need to rebuild the entire rule book at some point.. Have zombies theme and backstory as the main game and all the "different" out of place armies as optional army lists...

so much to do so little time.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »
Tis me one and the same. Yes Baldurs gate 2 the Gnome Cleric/illusioist chappy whose name escapes me right now.

Sounds good.