Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:34:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Voley fire question query part 2....  (Read 1148 times)

Offline gwoods64

• Schoolboy
Voley fire question query part 2....
« on: September 09, 2013, 10:47:17 PM »
Craig wrote the following in response to the question I posted earlier regarding shooting at Akhenaton with his armour of 13+. This assumes (I think) none of the characters have moved. If they have moved, then the following modifiers are added: -4 for moving and -2 for target moving. This again makes it almost impossible to take him out. Even the -2 for him just moving makes it very hard to kill him as an Incorrigible would have to roll a natural 10 on a D10 to make the required 13+.

Example with figures moved:
Volley fire with military rifle +3SV. So even with a +3 volley fire for 3 figs adding and +3 for military rifle - this is cancelled out by the -6 for both having moved. Die rolled is a natural 10 - totalled to 18 (+2 Incorrigible SV, +3 added for volley firers and +3 for m/rifle, then -6 for both movements = 12 scored) v's Akhenaton's Armour of 13+) not a possible kill. Have I got that right?
Seems as if to take him out you'll need all the Incorrigibles to volley fire but that uses up most of the figures for Lord Currs side almost straight away, leaving his lot in a very dangerous situation as they cannot react further in the turn (that's assuming they hit him and are free for the next turn. If they miss they'll have to do it again next turn if any are left!)

Craigs respone to earlier question.
So get Lord Curr to fire at Akhenaton with his Arc Rifle. Akhenaton is suddenly Armour 7, which means Curr hits him on a 3+, and he's suffering a -2 Pluck penalty meaning he has to roll 4+ to survive  Shocked.
Mohan Singh hits Akhenaton on a 6+ and again the Pluck save is 4+.
Even a lowly Incorrigible hits Akhenaton on a 8+, and cause a 3+ Pluck save. Add three friends and suddenly these chap is hitting on a 5+.

Lord Curr's company is a subset of The Explorer's Club. It is a gun-line list, not a brawler list. Set up lanes of fire, make sure your men are stationary and in cover, use your superior range and pick the enemy off. Quickly scythe down the lesser men, then pin down the characters.

In steady hands Lord Curr's list is a killer  Cheesy.

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
Re: Voley fire question query part 2....
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 06:06:08 AM »
Akhenaten is not meant to be easy to take out, after all he is a reincarnated god-king. He is the nearest thing to a superhero in the original rules. Yet I have seen him go down in game after game due to well thought through tactics and occasionally dumb luck. I have watched Master Wu-Jen with the venom power turn Akhenaten into a twitching corpse, the British Rifle Company blast him into oblivion and Mohan Singh is a man the Prince actually dreads.

If you play mutual annihilation games he will come out on top very often, but if you are playing the scenarios and have various objectives to achieve you can use his player's overconfidence to your advantage.

My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline gwoods64

• Schoolboy
Re: Voley fire question query part 2....
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 02:02:41 PM »
Cheers Craig,

Thought I was correct - the guy who was commanding Lord Currs lot did complain about his strength but as i was using the Ra lot it was quite good - especially as most of the Cultists were gone and the Mummies was back underground...

We'll be doing a 4 way bash tonight at the club so it shall be interesting seeing him get his due that is owing to him :-)

As you said it needs carefull game planning and all should go well.