Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:15:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Adventures in 15mm Scifi  (Read 8570 times)

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Re: Adventures in 15mm Scifi
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2016, 06:40:54 PM »
Nice work - I especially like the idea of using spoons for he hover car  :D

Ever find a really old thread, got to one point and said 'no, really?' followed by a really swift facepalm?

As for 28mm or larger, I know they usually get put up as small tanks, but I think you could do something similar to this with a small PC mouse.

Or some cut-down Easter eggs?

Doug

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2016, 08:25:11 PM »
Ever find a really old thread, got to one point and said 'no, really?' followed by a really swift facepalm?

As for 28mm or larger, I know they usually get put up as small tanks, but I think you could do something similar to this with a small PC mouse.

Or some cut-down Easter eggs?

Doug

IIRC Black Widow Pilot had some Easter Eggs Starguard support vehicles back before there were any (not to name names) "Three Letter Miniatures Forums."

Good idea then and now.  Then because you had no other choice and good now because they are less expensive.
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2016, 08:00:46 PM »
Gotcha, Glenn.

However, using most of the egg would give you something like an Maschinen Krieger tank. If you longitudinally slice the inner, say, third away, you end up with something like large spoons. The throwaways could be pulp car fenders...  lol

For 28mm, you'd have to have LARGE eggs, but I've seen, in the craft stores, up to about a foot and a half long.

Doug

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2016, 08:35:32 AM »
Hello? Stumbled on this thread. TOTALLY after my own heart. Love the painting on some of my favourite 15s

Hoping you dijit are still at it with these and this post prods you to post some more😃

Similar examples on my blog.

Yes, still well away at this work. I've added a few bits and pieces recently, so I guess I ought to dust off the camera and take so photos.

As for the Spooner 3000, I have another version currently under construction and will post pictures when it's done. I've also considered making myself som MAK like tanks from egg halves, just been waiting for the hobby shop here in Vejle to start stocking them ready for easter.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2016, 12:42:41 AM »
Gotcha, Glenn.

However, using most of the egg would give you something like an Maschinen Krieger tank. If you longitudinally slice the inner, say, third away, you end up with something like large spoons. The throwaways could be pulp car fenders...  lol

For 28mm, you'd have to have LARGE eggs, but I've seen, in the craft stores, up to about a foot and a half long.

Doug

Smaller eggs could be AI driven (pun intended) AFVs.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2016, 06:57:42 PM »
I've also considered making myself som MAK like tanks from egg halves, just been waiting for the hobby shop here in Vejle to start stocking them ready for easter.

'merican hobby shops had some for sale shortly after St Paddy's, and Valentine clearance not long after that. I know you need lead in time to start crafting, but you damn near get the proverbial 'Christmas in July' with the pre-selling.

I know, I should complain? Usually SOMETHING in each clearance suggesting terrain, though Halloween is the TOPS!  ;)

Doug

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2016, 09:33:48 PM »
'merican hobby shops had some for sale shortly after St Paddy's, and Valentine clearance not long after that. I know you need lead in time to start crafting, but you damn near get the proverbial 'Christmas in July' with the pre-selling.

I know, I should complain? Usually SOMETHING in each clearance suggesting terrain, though Halloween is the TOPS!  ;)

Doug

lol