Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:02:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690719
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 898
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: ClearHorizon Miniature 15mm Infantry Sculpts - Final Preview "The Hell Divers"  (Read 3679 times)

Offline MrHarold

• Mad Scientist
  • Leading the way to where ever it is we're going...
    • ClearHorizon Miniatures
Hi Everyone!

It's been an exciting journey, but we're almost ready to release the Hell Divers!

Rod (the sculptor) let me know this morning that he is mailing off the sculpts to Old Glory US for casting today, and they should receive them tomorrow.

Once they receive them, they'll make the master mold then the master castings.  At that point they make the production mold and we're good to go!

Here are pictures of some of the finished sculpts:

And here is a SAW gunner with the backpack attached:

Rod also posted a great article about the process of creating them here:

http://highlanderstudios.blogspot.com/2013/09/one-down-five-hundred-thirty-projects.html

Thanks everyone for your support, and I hope my next announcement will be their release!

Harold
ClearHorizon Miniatures - 15mm Sci-Fi Miniatures
http://www.clearhorizonminiatures.com

ClearHorizon Salavge - 15mm Miniatures Blog
http://clearhorizonsalvage.blogspot.com

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Some nice sculpting there and some nice wip shots.
Duncan

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
Not bad with some nice detail too... but the necks are a bit long.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Yeah a little out of proportion compared with some of the better 15mm sculptors around. Usable but CMG and Khurashan would be my weapons of choice with your amazing drop pods sorry.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:02:37 PM by Commander Vyper »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline MrHarold

• Mad Scientist
Hi everyone, thanks for the replies!

I think the picture is exaggerating it a little bit, but I think once I show some painted pictures you'll see how well the proportions work! 

It is a little stylized, of course, since I think in 15mm that actually ends up working well.

As soon as I get them in hand I'll post some painted pictures up along with some comparison shots too.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
No, I don't think better pictures or seeing them painted will change my opinion. I think the necks are too long ;).

Especially on the kneeling figures and in the top picture; the trooper on the left.

As I said before, they are nice miniatures with good detail but the long necks would put me off buying them.

Sorry to be plain about it but the proportions are off.

At 15mm, would it be a problem? I can't say but at the size of the pictures, the proportions are pretty clear and noticeable.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 07:34:42 PM by Inso »

Offline MrHarold

• Mad Scientist
Well, yes, the proportions are a little off, to accentuate some details in 15mm.

Once I get them in hand, I'll take some more pictures to give a more "tabletop" look.   

Of course, I think they're tops :)  But I always appreciate a second opinion on things.   If it does end up being something that in hand looks off, then I'll get them changed until I think they look good.

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
Well, yes, the proportions are a little off, to accentuate some details in 15mm.

Once I get them in hand, I'll take some more pictures to give a more "tabletop" look.   

Of course, I think they're tops :)  But I always appreciate a second opinion on things.   If it does end up being something that in hand looks off, then I'll get them changed until I think they look good.

Maybe the necks are noticeable on second viewing, but not on all th eminiatures. And i would buy them. Maybe they are long necked aliens anyway? Or an alien legion type force with some long necked troopers. Not noticeable on the table i think.

Offline MrHarold

• Mad Scientist
Thanks! :)

I know there was some talk of people using them as Zhodani in a Traveller universe.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Those look like prime candidates for some Battletech House Liao troops, so I'd be interested in seeing painted pictures.

I can see where the whole neck thing is coming from, but I don't think it will interfere too much with the overall look. The only one that might bother me, would be the leftmost guy in the first picture. And then only a bit.

So; I'm craning my neck for those painted piccies... :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
While I can see that the necks are long with photos that show them many times the size that they really are. I doubt in person anyone will notice it, and especially not a gaming distance, when they're sat on the table.
I like them, and it's nice to see more complete lines of infantry.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
While I can see that the necks are long with photos that show them many times the size that they really are. I doubt in person anyone will notice it, and especially not a gaming distance, when they're sat on the table.
I like them, and it's nice to see more complete lines of infantry.

This, these are close ups, and they will definitely be absolutely fine in the flesh if you ask me. I look forward to owning some!

Offline MrHarold

• Mad Scientist
This, these are close ups, and they will definitely be absolutely fine in the flesh if you ask me. I look forward to owning some!

Thank you sir!  I hope to have them out soon.  I'll be calling the caster today and see how everything is coming along.