Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:14:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Dux Britanniarum game  (Read 3070 times)

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
Re: A Dux Britanniarum game
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 12:13:18 AM »
Emilio,

I guess you could call me a TFL and certainly a DuxB fan since we've been playing this game for well over 40 weeks now.
It's true there are some 'holes' in the rules. Better said, some things are simply not fully explained or elaborated on, but if for example you would download the very handy Players notes from the Yahoo group most of those things become a lot clearer.
Agreed that every now and then a situation will crop up for which there is no explicit rule. Mostly this occurs when one of the players has done something rather unconventional and ends up in an improbable situation.

Frankly, I find these rules (and the campaign system) to be some of the best I've ever played but as noted above I'm a fanboy :D

Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline emosbur

• Mad Scientist
    • A COVA DO TRASNO
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 07:52:32 AM »
Willy, I am a member of the TFL Yahoo group since years ago, and I downloaded all stuff available on DB.
 :D

Emilio.

Offline Mitch K

• Mastermind
  • The Horror! The Horror!
    • Mitch's Wargaming and Modelmaking
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 08:42:02 AM »
I agree with the sentiment that getting everything off the TFL Yahoo group helps - there's a tremendous volume of stuff there that makes it a lot clearer in many (most?) cases. All the sorts of things that make their way into "second editions". Bottom line, there will always be things that happen that the rules don't cover. I can put my hand on my heart and say that this has been the case with every set of wargame and rpg rules I have ever played - and that even includes Rolemaster (or RULEmaster as it was known lol).

Some people like a crystal-clear, unequivocal, regulated process, some like a set of free-form guidelines, and other people are at all points along the continuum. There's a mountain of rules out there and they pretty much all suit someone.

At the end of the day, whichever rules you play, it's all good.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe, hammer to fit, paint to match!