Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:51:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689765
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Defiance Games' UAMC Hardsuit SUPERVISED NEWS THREAD  (Read 76386 times)

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
Re: Defiance Games goes KS with their UAMC hardsuits.
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 02:11:07 PM »
Defiance games does a kickstarter? I'm still waiting for the punch line....

Oh wait, it's funded :o :D lol

Reality really is stranger than fiction.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 02:29:25 PM »
It's madness. They have the most insanely loyal and defensive fanbase while they still haven't made good on a single one of their projests, all have had huge delays and, at best, massive quality issues.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 05:54:41 PM »
WTF.....A Kickstarter project to raise $2500?  Surely they should have been able to put aside enough of the money gouged from punters for the second rate crap they already sell to pay for this themselves.

If not, what have they done with the "pre-order now" money this time?

Perhaps they feel the need to try a new scam (one which as WK says, legally protects them for the inevitable non delivery).  Sadly 64 people have already fallen for it.

Offline gimzod

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 06:06:42 PM »
Hey guys

It just been put on there Facebook page that defiance games is under new management.

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, 06:07:22 PM »
Somehow I feel like this makes them legal pick-pockets.  I would love to be wrong and this project produces a great product delivered on time.  Maybe this will be the turn-around event that makes Defiance a great company.  Well...maybe the next Kentucky Derby will be run with unicorns, too.   >:D
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2013, 07:15:44 PM »
Hey guys

It just been put on there Facebook page that defiance games is under new management.

Yep, here's the news:

ATTN: Defiance Games is under new management

Defiance Games is under new leadership. Gary Pelletier- who has been handling customer service and production issues for the past year - is taking over as CEO effective immediately. The new team at DFG consists of Max Martelli as Art Director, Darred Surin as Office Manager and Mark Loud as Production Manager.

Our top priority is to provide our customers with quality products at the best price possible. Our first focus will be on reliable service and good communication with our customers.

We encourage you to join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter as well as joining our open forum at defiancegames.com. Each of us will be present and open to your comments and feedback in all of these outlets and we are looking forward to giving you all nothing short of our best.

Our recent foray into Kickstarter is our way of starting fresh with a product we know you all want. We understand everyone's hesitations but assure you that we will be working night and day to make this a home run for all of you.

- Gary Pelletier

I think that's a turn in the right direction. Gary was the guy who was cleaning all their messes and my experiences with him were always positive - I bought some of those lousy Chinese militia guys, didn't like their quality, contacted him and got replacements without any hassle. During the process he always gave me straight answers and even admitted they had problems with their casting.

Of course I don't like the part about not knowing what happened to Tony... Customers will wonder if he's still working in the shadows  :D

Offline Cosmotiger

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2013, 07:18:03 PM »
aww Man,some People never learn-35 Backers already?I'd rather Flush my Money down the Toilet before sending it to TtBhJ  >:(
I'd sooner pledge money to your toilet flushing project than to a Defiance Kickstarter.  :D

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, 07:26:58 PM »
I'd sooner pledge money to your toilet flushing project than to a Defiance Kickstarter.  :D

Me too  :D
What are the Pledge-Levels?

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2013, 07:37:33 PM »
What they posted on TMP:

Hey Everyone,

My name is Max Martelli, I am the new Art Director at Defiance Games and wanted to pass along an announcement from our new CEO Gary Pelletier. The announcement is as follows.

"ATTN: Defiance Games is under new management
Defiance Games is under new leadership. Gary Pelletier- who has been handling customer service and production issues for the past year – is taking over as CEO effective immediately. The new team at DFG consists of Max Martelli as Art Director, Darred Surin as Office Manager and Mark Loud as Production Manager.
Our top priority is to provide our customers with quality products at the best price possible. Our first focus will be on reliable service and good communication with our customers.
We encourage you to join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter as well as joining our open forum at defiancegames.com. Each of us will be present and open to your comments and feedback in all of these outlets and we are looking forward to giving you all nothing short of our best.
Our recent foray into Kickstarter is our way of starting fresh with a product we know you all want. We understand everyone's hesitations but assure you that we will be working night and day to make this a home run for all of you.
- Gary Pelletier"

We understand everyone's reservations with this Kickstarter and the projected delivery date as well as any reservations you have with our current plastic. The new DFG team has been working long and hard these past couple of months to hammer out all of the faults in our production method which were evident in the release schedules and the quality of our previous sets. We would like to make this Kickstarter a way to build up the trust of anyone who may have lost it with our company in the past.

Thanks
-Max Martelli

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2013, 08:02:02 PM »

Me too  :D
What are the Pledge-Levels?

a very special Smell Donor with a fine Lemon Fragrance,this is a KS Exclusive Item for Backers only:Add 25$ to your Pledge and its yours for Free!  :o :o
If we hit the 10 000 Bucks down the Drain Stretchgoal we'll add another free Fragrance: Sicilian Citrus (add 25$ to your Pledge)

Yep, here's the news:

I think that's a turn in the right direction. Gary was the guy who was cleaning all their messes and my experiences with him were always positive - I bought some of those lousy Chinese militia guys, didn't like their quality, contacted him and got replacements without any hassle. During the process he always gave me straight answers and even admitted they had problems with their casting.

Of course I don't like the part about not knowing what happened to Tony... Customers will wonder if he's still working in the shadows  :D

hmh,sounds like a small Light at the End of the Tunnel,however the Project has been funded,we can all sit back and see what happens next,if they really show up in my Local Gamestore then i will gladly have another Look at them,though 8 finely detailed hard Plastic Suits for 29.90$ still sounds too good to be true  ::)

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2013, 06:54:45 AM »
The suits aren't going to be hard plastic as in polystyrene. The $7000 stretch goal German Mecha OTOH is projected to be "hard plastic" accroding to the KS page. Which, despite the under the new management aspect I do somewhat doubt, given the messages on the TMP thread Predatorpt quotes from above:
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=320152

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2013, 07:33:11 AM »
The suits aren't going to be hard plastic as in polystyrene. The $7000 stretch goal German Mecha OTOH is projected to be "hard plastic" accroding to the KS page. Which, despite the under the new management aspect I do somewhat doubt, given the messages on the TMP thread Predatorpt quotes from above:
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=320152

So it seems that there is a little bit of confusion already? I am assuming that the 'Hard Plastic' quote will change soon.

If it was like last time, it will stay there and there will be claims that 'it was never planned to be polystyrene... our spin cast resin is hard plastic...'

The sceptic in me needs to be proven wrong on this one :D

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2013, 08:16:27 AM »
If it's their restic crap, it's officially 100% off my radar.  No thanks.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 08:25:25 AM »
I think they have supposedly thrown out their old "restic" crap and thrown in some new "restic" crap that has some parties "impressed"... What ever that means in the context o_o

---

So it seems that there is a little bit of confusion already?
Well, as evidenced by the TMP thread, the author of the related game's rules doesn't know about the hard plastic bit and there is no verification one way or the other from the totally official company reps. The only thing that is obvious as per Mr. Martelli's post is that the actual suits themselves aren't projected to be done in "hard plastic".

Of course, given this is a KS, none of that counts as any kind of binding promise anyhow and might change back and forth at a moment's notice, even way after the project closes.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:43:05 AM by tnjrp »

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2013, 08:31:09 AM »
Well, the key thing with DG is to remember not to expect them not to change anything that is written anywhere by any one of them.  ;)