Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:17:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone get their EOTD Kickstarter minis or shipping notification yet?  (Read 26983 times)

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
Just curious, that's all. I went in at Requiem & haven't heard anything yet.
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: Anyone get their EOTD Kickstarter minis or shipping notification yet?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 08:16:27 AM »
I understand they were starting with the smallest pledges first and working their way up through the levels, so if you pledged at Requiem or above you are unlikley to see your order yet.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 08:46:12 AM »
Every KS seems to do that. I understand it sort of makes sense if you haven't got all the minis in yet and start with the orders you can complete. But when you do have everything ready and it's just a way to make quick progress through overall number of parcels, it just feels like the people who invested the most in your range get punished for it, where the guy who pledged £10 gets preferential treatment.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 09:00:55 AM »
I got the Vampire Hunter limited edition Nadezhda Durova sometime last week IIRC. They did promise to send those out before the more expansive pledges. Somebody else over here in Finland got his stuff too, can't recall what he pledged to or even if it was ever disclosed (but it was definitely more than VH level).

Offline Penchour

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 10:18:31 AM »
Schedule was to start with the smaller pledges, then proceed by step, one pledge level at a time. So far, from what is written in their updates, pledges over 'Requiem 35' aren't supposed to be posted before ... well a week or so ? So I guess depending on your own pledge, you should wait a little longer.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 11:51:42 AM »
I was in at Requiem too and got a mail saying it would be posted by next Tuesday at the latest.

Offline Penchour

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 12:15:46 PM »
I was in at Requiem too and got a mail saying it would be posted by next Tuesday at the latest.

requiem 18, 23, 35 ?

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 12:24:51 PM »
And others they been selling the LTD on the ebay since first week????Iam not getting impressed at all to be honest and thought better......

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 12:26:31 PM »
Got all of mine late last week!
Quite a few extras too. Impressed with the service and packaging TBH.
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 12:46:38 PM »
I'm not complaining about West Wind specifically, they seem to do the best they can and there have been no huge delays. Also, it makes sense to send out small sets when you don't have everything ready yet to fulfill the big sets.

It's just some companies seem to deliberately start with the small fry and make the people who contributed most wait until last and that annoys me.

Offline Agamemnon2

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 05:41:32 PM »
Somebody else over here in Finland got his stuff too, can't recall what he pledged to or even if it was ever disclosed (but it was definitely more than VH level).

I got my Requiem 18 + a Hackney on Tuesday. Looking pretty nice, though some mould lines need to be removed and the carriage is going to take a bit of careful assembly to come out well.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 05:44:20 PM »
I just think along the lines of when I'm going to get it all painted...... lol

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 06:16:34 PM »
I just think along the lines of when I'm going to get it all painted...... lol

LMFAO! Me Too!

ACTUALLY There are a couple of points that Kickstarter Operators can learn from people not being happy about waiting -

Firstly - the people who generally spend the most are generally the least patient. Whilst I am quite happy to wait a while (I went in at Megolomaniac + quite a few extras, in fact the only things I didn't add were the Tong and the Vehicles, and I'm regretting the Vehicles) - a lot are impatient, and I can understand the "I spent the most, why should I wait the Longest" response. What they SHOULD have done, is parceled everything up to (for example) and including the Requiem + 35 Pledges and THEN announced that they would be working their way through the pledges, as they then would have (in theory) a head start on the process - reducing (even if only a little) the waiting time for the big spenders.

Secondly - Update every fracking day. It doesn't take long to post a one line message - "Things are going well here, we're working hard" etc, etc - and people will be a LOT happier and more patient after reading that, than hearing nothing at all for (what seems like to a lot) days on end - it doesn't take long to do, and it makes people happy so it's surely worth the effort.

Lastly - Kickstarter should come to some form of agreement with Ebay to prevent people from posting Kickstarter only models before a certain amount of time has passed (difficult I know, but still the idea is a good one) - now I know Some people are going to rant at me about that comment, but let me explain. Firstly, its really REALLY irritating for Kickstarter pledgers to see something they're waiting for on fracking Ebay - I find it pathetic that people do that - they get extra rare & LE Miniatures and sell them on, I've even seen Company's sell stuff Kickstarter Backers haven't even received yet on their Ebay stores WAY before they've been shipped out! - a LOT of people get REALLY pi**ed off about it, with a burning passion. If they could block such practices, it would stop people buying multiples just to exploit the process (and exploit their fellow gamers) there have been no end of the GW Limited Edition Army Books turning up on ebay, at RIDICULOUS prices. I (personally) hate to see it.

Right - I've had my moan now :D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 06:25:46 PM by Van-Helsing »

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 06:37:03 PM »
requiem 18, 23, 35 ?

Ha, sorry, it's been so long I'd forgotten! 23+5 I believe it was.

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 07:43:30 PM »
I'm a Requiem 35+5 + a ton of vehicles, and such.
I am in no rush.

I think that companies packaging KS rewards should go largest to smallest as it appeases your 'better' backers but in doing the larger or more difficult jobs first, it just gets easier as they go.

@ Van Helping - you sound like a CMON games backer.

I backed Zombicide season 2 and there is absolutely no method to their madness whereas West Wind it going level by level, so a backer can 'roughly' figure out where they are in the queue.
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...