Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:43:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone get their EOTD Kickstarter minis or shipping notification yet?  (Read 26982 times)

Offline leegwonfu

• Librarian
Re: Anyone get their EOTD Kickstarter minis or shipping notification yet?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 03:32:40 AM »
I believe that West Wind has a an admirable job of getting the product out and notifying people of when they ship the items. I understand the frustration of those who spent more money having to wait until later to get their stuff, but theoretically, they got a better deal, and I'm sure that it's easier (and makes more logical sense) for WW to fulfill the smaller orders first.

I think that WW has done a very good job of updating throughout the campaign. And for the record, I'm a 23 +5 + extras who has not yet received their stuff yet.

Online goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 04:32:20 AM »
So anyone who has got their order lets see some of the minis already!
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline Penchour

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 07:02:46 AM »
I believe that West Wind has a an admirable job of getting the product out and notifying people of when they ship the items.

I second that: WW team made a brillant job, given most of their models are hand sculpted, and not tooled by computer. Not disregarding the other way, but it's not exactly the same kind of craft. We've been updated during the whole process and, so far, the second schedule has been strictly respected. I don't see any reason to complaint, but not to understand what kickstarter is supposed to be: raising funds to go into production, not advance mass sale.

That said, if there's any picture to be seen ... ;D

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 07:26:30 AM »
I'd agree. It makes sense logistically to ship orders as they become available to clear the shipping area and allow them to focus on the potentially more complex larger orders. They were still waiting on some items last week and they will likely be associated with the bigger orders. I'm looking forward to getting mine but I don't mind waiting a little longer as I reckon I'm getting a good deal. At rrp there must be £50 of free minis not to mention the vehicle deals.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2013, 07:46:10 AM »
As stated before, my comments weren't aimed at WW specifically as I agree they have been very professional and quick about it all.

Online goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2013, 08:20:05 AM »
Please everyone understand, my point with this thread wasn't to rag on Westwind. I think they do a great job & make a wonderful product. I was really just wondering who had started getting their stuff & thought it'd be cool to see some of the new minis.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2013, 08:40:44 PM »
Really looking forward to receive my stuff, hopefully next week as I'm in the 23+5 early bird category (though ended up pledging for a lot of the add-on minis and factions  ;D ). I really can't wait to get my hands on the Bedlam Brotherhood and the Clickers!

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2013, 11:38:50 AM »
Nor me I can't wait. I think some people know its starting to ship and are getting a bit excited like a kid at Christmas!

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »
@ Van Helping - you sound like a CMON games backer.

I backed Zombicide season 2 and there is absolutely no method to their madness whereas West Wind it going level by level, so a backer can 'roughly' figure out where they are in the queue.

I'm actually fine to wait, I have no issues with West Wind at all - I was merely basing my comments on what I've observed from other people getting quite bothered by it all.

The problems I've seen with Sedition Wars (quality and delays), Zombiecide (as you said, the seemingly random approach to the process) - it would have to be an astonishing product for me to Back it - and so far C'mons done nothing to grab or inspire me.

Like Brummie, I'm just getting excited now.

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2013, 02:36:44 PM »
In truth I can't remember exactly what my final choices were so it will be a mini Xmas!

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2013, 02:58:45 PM »
@ Van Helsing, I just noticed 2 things..... Helsing was autocorrected to Helping and I forgot to add several  lol lol lol after my CMON comment. I was attempting to joke but it looks like I was criticizing you instead. My apologies in I offended you.

I for one am patiently waiting for another tier of my lead mountain!
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline leegwonfu

• Librarian
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2013, 03:00:00 PM »
Come on people with the minis - let's see some pictures to whet the rest of our appetites!

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2013, 12:18:22 PM »
Got a box with my KS stuff today!!  ;D

Just finished going through it, it's all there and it all looks good. I think I will start painting the Clickers, very interesting concept (combination of insects and "robot-zombies"). Of the special character miniatures I think Lightning Jack turned out the best and may be one of my favorite models in the entire range!

Bedlam Brotherhood also looks great, full of character and menacing looking nutcases  ;D

I'm also very happy with the token set, the laser cut token were very well cut and no problems removing them from the sheet and no cleanup needed around the edges. One sheet being more than enough for both players (or a very large game) I think this was a great investment.

I will start posting pictures over the next couple of days.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 12:20:02 PM by Anatoli »

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2013, 06:32:37 PM »
I think mine are currently in the post depot awaiting collection. I can't get them till Monday now!  :-[

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2013, 08:02:49 PM »
I received a parcel of Requiem 23 + 5 on behalf of somebody else today.  On the whole very very nice, a couple of figs not quite capturing the concept art but still fine minis and one missing figure.  Just got to paint some now before sending them on.

Svennn
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"