Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:14:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691095
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone get their EOTD Kickstarter minis or shipping notification yet?  (Read 26979 times)

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
Re: Anyone get their EOTD Kickstarter minis or shipping notification yet?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 09:11:59 PM »
Got my notification today

TO:  REQUIEM 23+5 E/B Special II Backers

Please be advised that fulfilment will commence tomorrow and will continue until the early part of next week for the above pledge level.   So please work on your order being despatch by Tuesday next at the latest and count the transit time from Tuesday onwards.

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 09:32:08 PM »
Got my notification today

TO:  REQUIEM 23+5 E/B Special II Backers

Please be advised that fulfilment will commence tomorrow and will continue until the early part of next week for the above pledge level.   So please work on your order being despatch by Tuesday next at the latest and count the transit time from Tuesday onwards.

Yeah, I received the same today  :).
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2013, 03:39:10 AM »
Me too!

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2013, 10:57:40 PM »
Got my 23+5 in the mail today, in California no less, so yours will probably be there soon  ;)

Some of the figs are brilliant and classic Westwind: love the Order of the Dragon and Bedlam Brotherhood! Some of the figs are a bit so-so. I'm actually not that impressed with the Clicker  Thugs, and the Mechana-Bat is, well, let's just say not my cup of tea at all. Requiem figs are about 50-50 success rate in my mind. Not sure I would do another KS based off of concept art, but overall it was worth it, and we definitely got a great deal. Congrats and Thanks Westwind!

Offline smokezombie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2013, 11:16:18 PM »
I completely forgot to send in my survey :o
Sent it in this morning nod got a quick response. Looking forward to seeing my minis soon now. I'm a 23+5 EB. I didn't get the clickers but that might change.
Hats off to westwind. I'm very impressed with how they have handled the whole process.

Is there a SOTR kickstarter planned?
"The sword sung on the barren heath,
The sickle in the fruitful field;
The sword he sung a song of death,
But could not make the sickle yield."
William Blake

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2013, 10:20:30 PM »
Alasdair got his figures  a week ago. Mine arrived this week.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Agamemnon2

• Assistant
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2013, 10:52:33 AM »
Some of the figs are brilliant and classic Westwind: love the Order of the Dragon and Bedlam Brotherhood! Some of the figs are a bit so-so. I'm actually not that impressed with the Clicker  Thugs, and the Mechana-Bat is, well, let's just say not my cup of tea at all. Requiem figs are about 50-50 success rate in my mind. Not sure I would do another KS based off of concept art, but overall it was worth it, and we definitely got a great deal. Congrats and Thanks Westwind!

Yeah, my experience was somewhat similar. I went for an 18, including the Gentlemen starter, and my pledge was mostly composed of minis that I could see "in the flesh" on the KS page by the end of the campaign. Of the stuff I got, Lightning Jack didn't turn out the way I hoped, and Captain Nemo's pose is a bit too whirling-dervish-y for my view on the character (the second variant of him for his own faction set looks much nicer). Of the freebies, I'm not a fan of the girls, especially the ladies wearing what look like tutus. On the other hand, The Specimen, Deathlock Bones, The Bad Doctor and Iron Head Ned turned out lovely. The Phantom's head shape feels a bit off to me (too much forehead?), but then again, he's supposed to be monstrously deformed.

My big beef, and this is me being nitpicky, maybe, is with the rear axle on the hackney, which is too far forward and doesn't leave room for the doors to open. So I intend to scratchbuild it a bit farther back. Luckily, there's copious references for this sort of thing out there (like this: http://allthingsbrougham.co.uk/resources/BroughamCarriage.jpg). I just have to figure out how to build some leaf springs from plastic sheet that can actually take any stress and weight whatsoever.

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2013, 06:35:11 AM »
Got mine in Australia this morning. They are excellent sculpts, the I first WW minis I've bought, and they've ensured I'll be buying more. I regret not getting the clickers, they turned out amazing.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2013, 08:12:59 AM »
Please everyone understand, my point with this thread wasn't to rag on Westwind. I think they do a great job & make a wonderful product. I was really just wondering who had started getting their stuff & thought it'd be cool to see some of the new minis.

New pictures are being added to the updates page on a regular basis so you should be able to see what's out there. I spoke with Wendy last week and it's all system's go sd people are reporting.  I have to say that if there was ever a model KS approach then Westwind nailed it!

Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2013, 08:15:23 AM »
Every KS seems to do that. I understand it sort of makes sense if you haven't got all the minis in yet and start with the orders you can complete. But when you do have everything ready and it's just a way to make quick progress through overall number of parcels, it just feels like the people who invested the most in your range get punished for it, where the guy who pledged £10 gets preferential treatment.

Or everyone is equal in the eyes of westwind and it makes logistical sense to get the smaller pkedges out of the way first.  ;)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2013, 08:33:45 PM »
Finally got the package picked up. The figures are really good. The London Bobbies look excellent!

Offline leegwonfu

• Librarian
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2013, 01:00:37 AM »
Just got my notification today! Waiting in anticipation!

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2013, 01:53:06 AM »
Can anyone comment on the size of the EOTD humans?  I have my eye on the "Gentlemen's Club" set, but need to know how they compare to the Northstar IHMN humans.
                                                              Nick

Offline pinny

• Librarian
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2013, 06:36:28 AM »
Im looking forward to mine coming soon, I actually forget what I spent my points on, so I have an extra surprise in store

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2013, 02:42:43 PM »
Do the folks at West Wind not understand how to measure figures??  I've tried twice now to get a sole of foot to eyeball measure of the EOTD humans, and have yet to get  satisfactory response.  Te actually offered to send me a sample rahter than measure.