Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:29:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley Leagues  (Read 35575 times)

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Re: Pulp Alley Leagues
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2013, 09:20:40 PM »
A collection of our Pulp Alley Leagues.

Phantom Ace --

Jungle Princess -- (correction - Brother Air's Health is a d6, not d8)

Professor Smith -- (also includes the Company of Heroes perk)

Lady Elaine Darrow -- (the remaining 7 slots are filled on an ad hoc basis)

Master of the Unspeakable --

Imhotep the Great -- (the minion profiles are included for the Overlord perk)

The Collecter --

Charnock de Sampaio --

Witchdoctor Shugunja --

Please share your own league designs on this thread.

More to come.......

THANKS!

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2013, 02:30:38 AM »
Wow Dave! You've got some awesome stuff going on there. I see that some old favourites have been re-worked, specifically Tigra and Charnock. Now, for the questions...  ;D

In the Master of the Unspeakable league, it specifies that he uses Summon to summon "Winged Minions, as shown below." However, the Winged Minions on the roster are custom-made, using the Animals perk and the Winged ability. I was under the impression that the level 1 Minion that was summoned had to come from the choices on the Minions list. Just looking for clarification. Love the minis and the league.

Imhotep is a Terror (just like stating the obvious). Do you play him as a league every now and then? Just curious.

The Collector is just awesome. The rules in that league, will they be included in Pulp Leagues or some other forthcoming supplement? So awesome. What are those models?

BTW, I finally found my missing camera. If photos of the Liberators would be useful for something (Pulp Leagues?) please let mw know.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2013, 08:51:21 AM »
Wow Dave! You've got some awesome stuff going on there. I see that some old favourites have been re-worked, specifically Tigra and Charnock. Now, for the questions...  ;D

In the Master of the Unspeakable league, it specifies that he uses Summon to summon "Winged Minions, as shown below." However, the Winged Minions on the roster are custom-made, using the Animals perk and the Winged ability. I was under the impression that the level 1 Minion that was summoned had to come from the choices on the Minions list. Just looking for clarification. Love the minis and the league.

Imhotep is a Terror (just like stating the obvious). Do you play him as a league every now and then? Just curious.

The Collector is just awesome. The rules in that league, will they be included in Pulp Leagues or some other forthcoming supplement? So awesome. What are those models?

BTW, I finally found my missing camera. If photos of the Liberators would be useful for something (Pulp Leagues?) please let mw know.

Oh yes, I'm happy with the reworked version of our Jungle Princess league. The Perilous Island abilities really added a cool mystic feel that fits their backstory. And for your questions........

The Unspeakable Flyers – The newly summoned Flyers would not benefit from the League’s Animals perk but they are otherwise the same as the Face-Eaters. I can see how that would be misleading, but I knew what I meant.   ;D

Imhotep Terror – That version of Imhotep was only used twice, at the end of a fun mini-campaign. We use Terrors for special occasions rather than as regular leagues.

Gadgets – I’m hoping I can fit the Gadgets rules into our next book, Pulp Vehicles. Let me know if you’d like to try the beta version of the Gadget rules. They really are great fun!

Very glad you found you camera. I'm always in need of good pics!  :D

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2013, 03:51:56 PM »
dave - how are 'gadgets' different than 'gear'?  so there's 2 books in the works - vice alley and pulp vehicles - or will it all be in one?

Offline Johnny Aces

• Bookworm
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2013, 11:33:27 PM »
Dave, they're starting to piece together your master plan. It may be time to escape in your Dino-shaped rocket.
Co-Writer of Pulp Alley:Perilous Island
Grand Poobah of Pulp Alley Propaganda

Offline Rhydderch

• Student
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2013, 08:48:41 AM »
Dave - Nice to see your leagues from the official PA forums on the LAF! I've noticed that you sometimes include new abilities in your rosters. I assume Femme Fatale is a level 4 ability since its similar to Intimidating, but what about Fast Thinking and Notable? Thanks in advance!

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2013, 09:55:12 AM »
dave - how are 'gadgets' different than 'gear'?  so there's 2 books in the works - vice alley and pulp vehicles - or will it all be in one?

Gadgets are purchased with normal Gear points, but tend to be less predictable/stable. Whenever a Gadget is used you'll draw a random Fortune card and the number in the bottom-left will help determine how effective it is. However, if you draw an 'Alert'  (bottom-right icon) then you've got problems!  lol lol

Well, there are more like 5-6 different projects in the works. There's my Pulp Vehicles book, Bobby's Vice City, Marijn, Jase & Roon's Pulp Egypt, Jaye's Pulp Sci-Fi, Tim's Pulp Horror, and Daniel's Pulp RPG project. FYI -- those are mostly working titles.

I'm still hoping Pulp Vehicles will be released before the end of the year and at least 2-3 of the other ones are released in 2014.

All this and more, coming soon!  :D

Dave - Nice to see your leagues from the official PA forums on the LAF! I've noticed that you sometimes include new abilities in your rosters. I assume Femme Fatale is a level 4 ability since its similar to Intimidating, but what about Fast Thinking and Notable? Thanks in advance!

You are correct, we're constantly playtesting and fine-tuning new abilities before they get added to a book.

Femme Fatale -- has been renamed "Disarming" and is being tested as a new level 4 ability. There's also a Might version called "Grappler" that only works when engaged in a brawl.

Notable -- this ability is currently being tested at level 2.

Fast Thinking -- is also being tested at level 2. And there is a new one called "Resourceful" that lets you use a Combat skill in lieu of an Action skill.

Please feel free to try these abilities for yourself and let us know what you think.

HAVE FUN
Dave

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2013, 10:39:43 AM »
Dave, will Vice Alley and Egypt largely be themed setting books along the lines of Perilous Island, with Sci-fi and Horror being genre books?

I kind of imagine they will offer new abilities, perks and gear for Leagues, new cards and new scenarios that are theme or genre specific without rewriting the core rules? I think I need to pick up Perilous Island on PDF. Order coming in about five minutes!

Cheers, Steve

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2013, 01:08:56 PM »
Well, there are more like 5-6 different projects in the works. There's my Pulp Vehicles book, Bobby's Vice City, Marijn, Jase & Roon's Pulp Egypt, Jaye's Pulp Sci-Fi, Tim's Pulp Horror, and Daniel's Pulp RPG project.

To quote a well-known song by Queen:

I want it all
I want it all
I want it all.....and I want it now!

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2013, 07:47:08 AM »
Dave, will Vice Alley and Egypt largely be themed setting books along the lines of Perilous Island, with Sci-fi and Horror being genre books?

I kind of imagine they will offer new abilities, perks and gear for Leagues, new cards and new scenarios that are theme or genre specific without rewriting the core rules? I think I need to pick up Perilous Island on PDF. Order coming in about five minutes!

Cheers, Steve

Steve --- Yes, you imagine correctly. The upcoming books will have a layout similar to Perilous Island. The exception being Pulp Vehicles, which will be mostly rules and maybe a couple scenarios if I can fit them in.

And here's another league we're using to playtest some new perk/abilities ---

Call to Arms works like Bastion/Network except that it uses Might to add extra Backup to the league.

HAVE FUN

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2013, 04:32:09 PM »
mad lord - seconded!

dave - there's also some mentions of working on a "pulp leagues" - or is that just you posting these rosters rather than a "release"?

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2013, 09:08:30 AM »
mad lord - seconded!

dave - there's also some mentions of working on a "pulp leagues" - or is that just you posting these rosters rather than a "release"?

At this time, we're leaning towards splitting the content that was originally going into Pulp Leagues between Pulp Vehicles and Vice Alley.

For example, the rules for Gangs, Associates, Locations, Bystanders, and such are now planned for Vice Alley. Gadgets, Mounts, and so on was moved to Pulp Vehicles.

Pulp Leagues may eventually be a book full of Leagues, but for now it's on the back burner.

THANKS
Dave

Offline pauld

• Scientist
  • Being disintegrated makes me very angry!
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2013, 09:39:28 PM »
My two starting leagues for the Perilous Island campaign - Scenario One has been uprooted to Egypt (to suit my scenery) and secondary characters will flit in and out as the story advances.

ooh, Sharpshooter ...  I like that but too late for now

.... und zwei Schmidtz, verdammt.  One should be Kurt Manners  :-[

... and Lily has her Dodge and Shoot dice types the wrong way round

Note to self - proofread at least twice

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 10:02:28 PM by pauld »
No dear, they are not toys, they are models

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2013, 09:50:58 PM »
...und Rolf Harritz is not a name said lightly at the moment......  ???
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline pauld

• Scientist
  • Being disintegrated makes me very angry!
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2013, 10:00:16 PM »
you are, of course, right  ... but he's a leftover from my old Algernon Pulls it Off campaigns