Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:11:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Tri-City Laser Hotel teasers...  (Read 5769 times)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Tri-City Laser Hotel teasers...
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 02:34:46 PM »
Wow, I really like it....perhaps the best out there on the market. Price it right and it will see! I may have to save up to get a kit....very nice work like your other stuff! I would love to feature that on a gaming table I am building up for an old west game table.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Heisler

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 03:01:23 PM »

I got my inspiration from this pic.
http://www.ronsaari.com/stockImages/arizona/GrandPalaceHotelAndSaloon.php
It does have more windows than my design. I was thinking of using a fancier type window frame similar to what they have in the photo. I may also try to squeeze in some more on the street facing sides. I kept the windows to minimum to decrease the overall cost of the building. I try to keep everything in mind when designing a building. Not only do I think about making the design historicly accurate but I also keep the gamer in mind. More windows means less walls to hide behind plus cost will go up. At the same time it means less windows to shoot out of and less detail. I try to wait till I get feedback before I finalize a design and put it on the market. Thanks for your input Heisler.

That is the Grand Palace hotel from the "Old Tucson" movie studios a good choice. I realize trade offs have to be made and overall I do like how it looks. All the cut corner saloons on the marker right now just don't have the right "feel" in my mind, they are just to short. Your building has the right "feel" even if it doesn't have as many windows as I would like to see on the second floor.
It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 04:09:17 PM »
That is the Grand Palace hotel from the "Old Tucson" movie studios a good choice. I realize trade offs have to be made and overall I do like how it looks. All the cut corner saloons on the marker right now just don't have the right "feel" in my mind, they are just to short. Your building has the right "feel" even if it doesn't have as many windows as I would like to see on the second floor.

You could always add additional windows and just have them covered by curtains on the interior side.
 ;)

Offline Heisler

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 12:09:26 AM »
You could always add additional windows and just have them covered by curtains on the interior side.
 ;)

That's very true and if the Tri-City kits were made out of mdf I would certainly consider it. However, they are made from thin grade plywood which is not the easiest material to modify. You can't really take a knife so you need to drill a hole and go at it with a coping or jewelers saw. It can certainly be done.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 04:38:32 PM »
Any updates Clint?

Offline Clint Eastwood

• Assistant
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2013, 03:01:50 PM »
Forrest at Knuckleduster is working on some wall paper prints you can print from your computer to use with the saloon when it's released. He did some research to make sure the patterns and colors are historicly accurate. It will look good in the rooms upstairs in the saloon.  No date on the release yet but I would say it will be available before the end of October.