Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:13:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Khurasan mini question  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Silent bob

• Scientist
Khurasan mini question
« on: September 16, 2014, 08:48:21 AM »
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Khurasan Minis 'Alienesque' APC is available yet?

I can get no sense from their website.

Thanks

PS 25mm....…

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: Khurasan mini question
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 01:27:42 PM »
Their website is down at the moment, but I think it is available in the 28mm sci-fi category when it's back online...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xzmqV4Pr5z4J:khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/28mmscifi.html+&cd=1&hl=sv&ct=clnk&gl=se

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 03:54:45 PM »
Khurasan are a bit unstable at the moment, I've heard rumblings that they've been closed down through most of the summer, opened again a few weeks back and now have closed again. A little random if you ask me.

Offline shandy

• Mad Scientist
    • The Raft. Wargaming Adventures
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 06:46:22 PM »
Khurasan are a bit unstable at the moment, I've heard rumblings that they've been closed down through most of the summer, opened again a few weeks back and now have closed again. A little random if you ask me.
Well, it's a one man show and it's not even his main job. He has great miniatures and the service is excellent, so well worth the wait.

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 07:33:07 PM »
I got some Critters miniatures from them earlier in the summer along with a few others.  A few items were out of stock and they let me know right away there would be a delay.  Everything was received and they were great minis.  This does nothing to answer the original question, but I had a good experience with them.

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 09:57:39 PM »
I got some Critters miniatures from them earlier in the summer along with a few others.  A few items were out of stock and they let me know right away there would be a delay.  Everything was received and they were great minis.  This does nothing to answer the original question, but I had a good experience with them.

I bought some Hauk miniatures a few months ago. I've been busy of late but got them out to paint the other day. Exquisite! The best anthropomorphic aliens around I'd say, and I have no problem with anthropomorphic aliens. And nine unique poses to a pack. A great product.

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 10:09:16 PM »

We close down periodically in order to catch up with packing orders or because we will be away and, as follows, once again will have issues with timely order processing.  We have not been closed through most of the summer, rumblings to the contrary.  :-)

We've been closing on the weekends lately in order to make a dent in the order backlog.  The store had to remain closed today because my PC died and it has completely taken up all of my time and effort to get back on my feet from that.  The store will be back on tomorrow. 
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 12:45:12 AM »
But we'd STILL like to view the store even if buying is locked down...

Got my Khurasan the best way for me: someone bought, painted, then unloaded.

Brilliant!

Doug

Offline No Such Agency

• Scientist
    • Painting Agency
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 03:37:52 PM »
But we'd STILL like to view the store even if buying is locked down...
I think he has mentioned in the past that his e-commerce setup doesn't allow the store to be up with ordering disabled... or something like that. 

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 06:17:12 PM »
Silent Bob
Website is back up and it looks like Caimens in stock both scales. 8)

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 06:48:05 PM »
I think he has mentioned in the past that his e-commerce setup doesn't allow the store to be up with ordering disabled... or something like that. 

Right, it's home brewed rather than one of those pre-made ecommerce templates, all my own html, so each time I take a product out of sale I have to remove the html for the button, then when it's back up for sale, restore the button (and re enter the button's information).  And I have hundreds and hundreds of codes ....

That said, I'm hoping this winter to create a solution that will allow the store pages to stay up with all the buttons turned off.  First though I have some reorganisation to do, especially to the 15mm sci fi page, which has grown into a frankenstein's monster that needs to be broken up into multiple pages.

28mm Caiman is available, yes, here:
http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/28mmscifi.html

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 09:31:50 PM »
In other words, 'breath holding is contra-indicated...' lol

Doug