Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:09:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691565
  • Total Topics: 118406
  • Online Today: 609
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Nappy Old Guard in Great Coats  (Read 3401 times)

Offline whiffwaff

• Scientist
Nappy Old Guard in Great Coats
« on: September 28, 2013, 07:46:19 PM »
I'm after some niffty metal figures Boneys Old Guard. Ideally Metal as I cant be bothered sticking plastics together....

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Cheers

Adam

Offline King Tiger

• Scientist
  • the levels of derp are astounding.
Re: Nappy Old Guard in Great Coats
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 09:29:01 PM »
How about Perry miniatures or front rank for metals?, and have you tried victrix, they are plastic but very few parts, and 60 for £22 can change allot of minds

Offline whiffwaff

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 10:04:22 PM »
Cheers, like the look of Perry's.

Front rank looked a bit tired.

Offline capt.carson

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 08:17:35 AM »
With regards to Front Rank the old sculpt seems to stand at a funny angle, however the reinforcement pack sculpts are far better. In my opinion the difference is so great they do not mix too well.

Also there are no grenades on the bearskins of the replacements making them more useful for Italians :)
sotb

Offline ONIRIA

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 02:06:26 PM »
I'm after some niffty metal figures Boneys Old Guard. Ideally Metal as I cant be bothered sticking plastics together....

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Cheers

Adam

Hope you like these  ;)

http://www.oniriaminiatures.com/product-category/figuras_en/nap_en/

Offline PAULSPENCE

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 08:03:47 AM »
Bonjour Adam,

Agree that the Front Rank figures are less marvellous than the Perrys' examples.

Also very much like the Onira chaps and it is a great shame that they are in my view too large to mix with Front Rank, never mind the noticeably slimmer Perrys' examples. Wonder if scaled-down versions of Onira could be produced?

However, it is also worth considering Elite as although not in greatcoats they are in overalls to convey a campaign look. Despite being quite old castings they are nevertheless well proportioned with appealing animation. They also apppear to be cast from indestructable metal so I've yet to lose a bayonet on any of my Elite chaps!

Cheers,

Paul
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 08:17:16 AM by PAULSPENCE »

Offline ONIRIA

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 09:16:07 AM »

Also very much like the Onira chaps and it is a great shame that they are in my view too large to mix with Front Rank, never mind the noticeably slimmer Perrys' examples. Wonder if scaled-down versions of Onira could be produced?

Cheers,

Paul

Oniria figures have the same head size as FR o Perry figs, but because of their accurate proportions they  are 1 head taller but they are not bigger or larger. In fact,  they are slimmer than those other manufactures.(eg.: legs, arms, weapons, etc.. are thinner)
If we were to scale dowm our figures to say 28mm from foot to eye, the figures' features would have to be  much smaller

I think it's more of a style difference than a "tallness" one.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 02:47:43 PM »
Oniria figures have the same head size as FR o Perry figs, but because of their accurate proportions they  are 1 head taller but they are not bigger or larger. In fact,  they are slimmer than those other manufactures.(eg.: legs, arms, weapons, etc.. are thinner)
If we were to scale dowm our figures to say 28mm from foot to eye, the figures' features would have to be  much smaller

I think it's more of a style difference than a "tallness" one.

Your figures look gorgeous; the slender, realistic sculpt is really appealing. I'm sure I ran across pics of those before I ever knew they were mins and thought they were those large 120mm sculpts that are so great!

Grenadiers should be a head taller, and Voltigeurs should be a head smaller anyway ...  ;)
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline ONIRIA

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 11:30:41 AM »
Your figures look gorgeous; the slender, realistic sculpt is really appealing. I'm sure I ran across pics of those before I ever knew they were mins and thought they were those large 120mm sculpts that are so great!

Grenadiers should be a head taller, and Voltigeurs should be a head smaller anyway ...  ;)

Cheers Grant. Thanks a lot for your comments on Oniria Miniatures' figures. We are happy that you like them.
A bit scary comment though (some people might be put back to buy them because they might think they are large scale models  lol lol)