Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:44:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686626
  • Total Topics: 118115
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Underfire Wargaming Sci fi Kyintruto (Gnolls) Empire forces art concepts! page 3  (Read 17537 times)

Offline underfirewargaming

• Bookworm
Hello everyone!, I am currently working on setting up my own small miniatures company. I am aiming to produce my ranges both in 15mm sci fi and 28 - 30mm sci fi. I have a planned setting though if all goes well I do plan to run contests of fan artwork and produce ranges voted by the wargaming community at large.

I am aiming to create an interesting and unique range of miniatures mostly based on my in development, however also well priced to be open to all wargamers to be used in any game system they want ;). These current 3D sculpts have been done by none other than Andrea Tarabella himself and his wife Francesca Musumeci. The prints were done by Moddler.  

Without further wait here are some images of the firs two master prints, for the Coalition Wulv'man Infantry, they are 38mm in height if standing fully straight.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them so far :)!.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 06:30:02 PM by underfirewargaming »

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
Well I like them quite a bit. Desperate heads is always a good idea. It means if people want am alien race but less wolf a simple head swap and blam. :D
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
You've just won a customer here, for the 28mm figures at least ;)

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
These masters are pretty good, if the quality carries over to the casts, I can't wait to see what you do in the future.  :D

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
And if you are taking suggestions - do some civilians Wulv'man. And what about some Lion-themed aliens? ;)

Like the Kilrathi

or the Aslan from Traveller:

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
Bloomin tablet! Separate not desperate!  >:(

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Very cool. I think the first head is a bit plain, not enough definition on the eye lenses, but the other two are great!

Those bodies would work fine with a Lion head.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
not enough definition on the eye lenses

I think the eyeless look might be quite sinister.
Internal sensors perhaps. Or an alien that just doesn't need eyes in the conventional sense?
Or a robot?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
I think the eyeless look might be quite sinister.
Internal sensors perhaps. Or an alien that just doesn't need eyes in the conventional sense?
Or a robot?

In that case the eye lenses need even less definition so that they aren't there :)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Really like the sculpts and the separate head idea. The ideas for additional lion heads or similar also appeals. The only thing I'm not so keen on is the name, I'm afraid  ::) (not sure if that's the right emoticon but it looked kind of like a 'sorry!' face). I don't know the background to the name so apologies if I'm talking rubbish, but Wulv'man just doesn't seem to capture the 'slickness' or stylishness of the figures, it seems too cartoony, if that makes sense?  No offence meant, just a thought!  :), the sculpts are great!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:18:23 AM by Elk101 »

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thinking about it a bit more, Wulv'men sounds like it could be a nickname other species give them while their actual species name might be Canisians or Lupines, or so on; a bit like humans getting called apemen by other species.

(edited following autocorrect's input. Funnily enough it changes autocorrect too!)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:22:53 AM by Elk101 »

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
Good Lord, yes.  Lovely.

In 28mm, you have another customer.

Separate heads?  Lion men?  Yes please.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:15:11 AM by Momotaro »

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
I like those a lot; what would be needed to grab me is material they will be produced in.

Resin or metal and I would buy those.

If that material that has acquired the tag 'restic', then I would not buy.
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
I like them quite a bit - I think the detail good be a little bit sharper (or it's the photography).  Love the separate heads.  Always an excellent idea.  I'm not really on board with the kind of tongue-in-cheek name though (never like that kind of stuff).  I have little to no use for the minis, but I do think they're pretty damn cool.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
Nice sculpts and I'd be another customer in 28mm.

For separate heads, can I suggest lizard type heads? I think they would work well with the bodies.

It is fortuitous that you are creating these now because they would work brilliantly as proxy Rebs for Mantic's Deadzone game.