Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:55:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Stygies Pattern Imperial Guard Leviathan  (Read 813 times)

Offline noigrim

• Mad Scientist
Stygies Pattern Imperial Guard Leviathan
« on: February 11, 2014, 03:49:24 PM »
Leviathans are a rare sight on the battle fields of the 41st millenium as their role as movile HQ tends to keep them on the rear, where the lord-general can have a more clear view of the conflict, however when they take to the field become an impressing sight which lifts the spirits of the guardsmen while instills dread and terror amongst their enemies.

So long time ago i read white dwarf 111 (spanish) where the rules for the armoured companies where first published , in those pages apperaed an illustration from epic whith a pair of leviathans on one of it's corners, i inmediatelly decided that some day i would have one of those,

The first step was to find it's rules, the obious choice was the BOLS's set "lords of battle" but the fact that a Leviathan costed 1400pts putted it out of the 1500pts games that i use to play. But then GW started to sell it's Baneblade bow and with it came some interesting variants which like the Leviathan could transport guardsmen to the field, after looking upon the lot i chose this one https://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2440063_Imperial_Guard_Datasheet_-_Banehammer.pdf which besides carrying 25 men to the field and amounting just 450pts had a hughe cannon capable of creating small earthquakes!

Since I already had a big tank acting as a Baneblade i constructed the castle of the Leviathan so i could remove it and being able to field a Leviathan or a baneblade depending on the list (the leviathan goes with lots of infantry and the baneblade with an armoured company)

Hope you enjoy!
http://noigrimintothemaelstorm.blogspot.com.es/2014/02/stygies-pattern-leviathan.html

Since i don't have Photobucket no teasing pics, sorry  ;)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Re: Stygies Pattern Imperial Guard Leviathan
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 03:58:59 PM »
You can post the pictures directly from your blog, just copy the URL and then use the image tag:

I gather that the tank on its base is the Chinese one from your other post?

Offline noigrim

• Mad Scientist
Re: Stygies Pattern Imperial Guard Leviathan
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 06:35:24 PM »
yes, thanks for the explanation, some pages just admit Photobucket