Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:19:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689633
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Underfire Wargaming Sci fi Kyintruto (Gnolls) Empire forces art concepts! page 3  (Read 17581 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
You've just won a customer here, for the 28mm figures at least ;)

Plus one. Just need to sort some custom helmet sculpts and that's my covenant elites sorted.  :)

More alien looking weapons though please, smoother, more organic. Less human looking.

But nice so far. Yum.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 09:47:53 PM by Commander Vyper »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
I also think they're the right size and shape for anybody who games HALO etc. to convert some into...whatever the bad guys from HALO are.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
I also think they're the right size and shape for anybody who games HALO etc. to convert some into...whatever the bad guys from HALO are.

::) covenant elites! ;)

Offline underfirewargaming

• Bookworm
Well I am glad to hear all the excitement for the range!, I will only be casting these guys in either metal or resin, no restic here ;). The name is currently a work in progress, Their is quite an amount of fluff behind these guys but I will give a brief glance over them to help everyone get a better idea on what they are ( sorry I should have added this in the start of this thread!).

During the early Veil Fall events, With the Great war against the Corruption, The Homeland of the Coalition faced the dire threat of the Corruption invading forces, and though they have engaged in many highly successful counter operations cutting of large amounts of the enemy's forces. The main body of the Corruption forces had pushed through towards the heart of the Coalition homeland, targeting the Capital itself.

The Coalition made a plan to surround this force and eliminate it, regaining the Strategic Initiative on the Coalition front of the war. However Allies of the Coalition turned their back on their former ally, some for good reason but most for selfish reasons and old hatred. This lead to the Coalition fighting almost on their own against incredible odds. It was in this time, that high command knowing how to trigger a form of veil to fall over most of their lands, and this events ability to greatly harm corruption forces and even cut it off from whatever force guided their forces. The effects would be however the people of the Coalition would be cut off from the rest of the world and time inside the veil is much strange and can make a year inside it be a decade in the physical realm.

However as they set off the Veil and managed to defeat the invading Corruption forces, they remained trapped in the veil for 2 generations time in the physical world, during this time a sickness began appearing in the population. It was named Veil sickness, for its spread became a great plague and as the death toll rose, the Wul’vren, who had originally given their “gift” to a select amount of Coalition Special Forces, which became very well known for their many successes during the Corruption war. Knowing they had immunity to the Veil Sickness.

The Wul’vren seeing those they had gifted also were immune, offered to much more freely give their Gift to their fellow Coalitioneirs, though a certain few darker groups of Wul’vren used this ability to gain influence and power in the Coalition Government. The ending result was a large amount of Coalition population accepted the gift to escape the incurable Veil Sickness plague that was running rapid amongst the coalition peoples.

At the end around 70% of the Coalition population had been Gifted by the Wul’vren and 30% remained as they were. The Veil fell around the Coalition homeland, They now entered a different world to when they left…

I have been asked by many people to create the cat and lizard heads for these guys, I will see what I can do for all of you ;).

• Bookworm
As for the name It is still a work in progress, if any of you after reading the fluff above, have any good ideas for a name for them defiantly let me know ;)!.

The helmet with no visor is an idea from more modern sci fi, were a part of the helmet could have tons of microscopic cameras that then give a digitalized view inside of the helmet to the area around it. Also giving their senses are incredibly strong both in hearing and smell that would help out much as well with knowing their surroundings.

I hope to continue to get this range set up and running here soon, I am in the end to create a unique and diverse range, but all of it tied in for the most part to the setting I have in mind. That said I will also price things fairly well so they can be used in all sorts of games and other settings ;)!.

thanks again everyone for your feed back and responses! keep them coming and let me know if you all think of anything else u would add, or like see created by me ;)!.

with best regards - Shawn.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
They are looking very good!

There may be one issue though (its not with the figures mind) I thought you were the same guy as the person who owns Underfire miniatures (20mm Moderns and WW2)? If I'm wrong and your a new company, there may be issues surrounding your businesses title!

But other then that, your minis look great! Wish you the best!

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
Nice to see some real Space Wolves.  These are awesome.
This is my boomstick!

• Bookworm
Brummie -Thanks!, and no worries I have already chatted with Underfire Miniatures, we are both fine with the company names, we plan once I get my website up to just link each other so that if their is any confusion that the customers can click the tab and go to the other web site, this would also perhaps help each other gain some more notice in the community ;)!, he's a really fair and honest guy so their are no worries their :)!.

Doomsdave - I agree, I thought it was about time someone produced a real good modern Sci fi wolf like race ;)!. I hope I can get the price to be just as awesome as these sculpts are as well :D!.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
I quite like those! Good poses so far, and the separate heads are fine, could even be used as non-humanoid robots.

Cannot at the moment see a justifiable-quality use for a larger number, but I'd probably get at least one for the second incarnation of Dog Tag from the ABC Warriors "Shadow Warriors" arc.

This design seems almost spot on, and the separate heads will make the necessary modifications much easier. Been looking for a suitable base figure for almost 4 years now, so kudos for unintentionally providing a possible solution for me! :D

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
I would be keen to seem more of these.. the Separate head is great makes it a lot easier on doing conversions. 

looking forward to seeing what else you have planed.

LGW

Offline ogryn

• Librarian
  • Mercpancake
Me likes. They can only get better from here. Might I suggest flushing out the range of miniatures as best as possible. So many ranges of cool miniature lines  stumble or get distracted with other nonsense and never finish what they start. So for example, commander models, support options, light vehicles, scout/recce units, psyker/monk/mage/mystic types. Round out the range and do not leave us haning like so many lame companies. It seems to be a big issue in this hobby.
I do love where u have started though. Hope it will not be much trouble to get them in the USA.
Thanks
(why not restic?)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Ogryn makes a good point about fleshing out these guys with command, support and other options. People will pick these up for all sorts of sci-fi projects and a decent range will likely encourage buy in. Maybe aiming for a platoon sized option like Pig Iron do would work?

On the fluff side is the 'gift' you mention the Wulv'ern turning people?

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
(why not restic?)

Because it's horrible to work with compared to metal or plastic for mold lines etc. And I'm not even in the anti-restic brigade :)

The problem with fleshing out ranges is often sales, if the initial releases don't sell too well then the sculptor/owner is less likely to continue making more. The thing there is that new releases drive sales of older releases too, but still, the owner needs to see a return.

I intend to have these mixed in with humans etc so the normal ones will do me for now :)
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Marauderman

• Librarian
Nice sculpts and I'd be another customer in 28mm.

For separate heads, can I suggest lizard type heads? I think they would work well with the bodies.

It is fortuitous that you are creating these now because they would work brilliantly as proxy Rebs for Mantic's Deadzone game.
I have to agree with Inso, Lizard type heads would go very well with these miniatures in 28mm.
I know I would buy some. There seems to be a lack of good Sci fi lizard miniatures out there.
On material Resin or lead free metal would be fine.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.