Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:30:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690665
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Underfire Wargaming Sci fi Kyintruto (Gnolls) Empire forces art concepts! page 3  (Read 17601 times)

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
Looks great, they would do well together with the Black Hat Ar-men (dog men faction).

I would love to see them in METAL :)

Offline Vinlander

• Scientist
You MUST produce these figs!!

I'll buy them!

;D
"English is the result of the efforts of Norman men-at-arms to make
dates with Saxon barmaids, and is no more legitimate than any of the
other results." -- H. Beam Piper

Offline ogryn

• Librarian
  • Mercpancake
(why not restic?)

Yes, I know it is kinda crappy, but I would rather have that than Finecast
LOL
Maybe look into the materials that PureEvil Miniatures is using. It is amazing stuff and brilliant to work with. No idea what it is, but its great. Every company should be using this stuff.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Resin or metal. That's the two options that will work for most. I'd like metal given the choice.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
1) Plastic
2) Metal
3) Resin
942) Restic*

*Basically ANYTHING but restic.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline underfirewargaming

• Bookworm
No worries about restic everyone, I will not be using that material ( even if I wanted their is no Casting Company in North America as far as I know that casts in this material). It will be either metal or resin ( plastic is just not a realistic thing to look at for any starting miniatures company unless they have some serious backing, which would also require serious risk!), what will really decide which material I go into, will be what my caster decides will be best for the miniatures, poses will be a heavy factor into this.

However as well I do not want to lose any detail and sacrifice poses to be casted in one medium over the other. I do aim to do them in metal, Metal tends to be good if I am going to sell many of these miniatures. However if I am not going to sell as much, say less than a few hundred than resin is much more cost affordable. For those who already are very interested in purchasing my miniatures, I would be interested in hearing from you, how many would u think of purchasing? I will end up selling them in packs of 10 or 5 , with  5 unique poses for sure.

For expanding the ranges, I plan first to start off with this initial pack of miniatures and also create my 2nd faction, and from their I will decide from sales what I plan to expand and how. I do want to expand the current two factions before I grow too the next faction, If I feel I gain enough attention in the market I may even look at a kickstarter ;).

I have many ideas of things I could expand and add onto the factions, I am also doing them in 15mm scale, for vehicles and such it is quite more expensive to do them into 28/30mm scale than in 15mm, however with digital sculpting I can print them in both scales ( still the 30mm print will estimate cost several hundreds of dollars to print I am fairly sure of). However I also do plan to get a game system running as well, more for something for myself to play as I find a lack of style of game systems in the market that fit what I would truly like to play. If all goes well, I plan to do a larger scale game in 15mm with multi based units representing a much larger number, the base sizes could also allow for my 30mm figures to be used as well ;). However I am currently thinking as well of creating a more RPG than skirmish game , game system for the 30mm figures which I think would be interesting and much more realistic for 30mm scale range to be created for.

I look forward to your thoughts and comments everyone!.

with best regards - Shawn.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
My scant plans for sci-fi gaming always revolve around a very diverse skirmish game...so if I did (and they look great, so I'd be tempted) I'd be looking at a couple of blisters likely, no more.  Now, as you mentioned wanting to make several factions/races etc. that could obviously increase, but for small skirmish games (I prefer using 5-10 models a side) I'd go with just a handful of the minis you've shown.

You're going to find a wide range here...some people skirmish and others may invest in buying 100+ of the things to swamp a table with.  lol

• Bookworm
Elbow's - thanks for your comment!. I feel that if I went into an area like skirmish it would become heavily RPG like, as I feel that is really were a skirmish game can become interesting, and allows people to have something equal to a D&D session but also mixed into a wargame.

If I were to do a larger scale wargame instead, I feel they would be multi based infantry forces and shrink the scale of the terrain to create a larger scale of combat on a more sensibly sized table and scale more realistically weapon ranges ect, think DBA ;)

However the investment to do in 30mm over 15mm for even that type of scale of wargaming would be beyond my current funding.

I think their is room in the market for something that is much more like an RPG game than a pure just skirmish game. As I find at that scale I would really want to develop each of my miniatures to have their own stats, story and background.

However regardless were I go , I am first setting up shop and seeing what sells and how well it sells. I do plan to keep these guys at a realistic price range that those who want large armies ;), can field tons of them and put those who pay a certain companies prices in shock with how much they spent on these miniatures ;).

all in all I think everyone will be fairly happy I aim to price these miniatures to sell at an affordable price range ;).

• Bookworm
I also think I should reveal the concept art I had just sent into me today for the 2nd faction ( currently lets just call them Gnolls, a name is in the works, that should be a fairly original name for them ;)) * name now decided They will be of the Kyintruto Empire!.

with best regards - Shawn.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:31:14 PM by underfirewargaming »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Oooohhh, now those are making me think "TMNT and Other Strangeness" or some "After the Bomb" goodness.

(Palladium games stuff derived from the original Eastman and Laird comic books for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles).  lol  That and perhaps some guys would be interested for stand-ins for Rifts (another Palladium title) "Dog Boys"

Very cool.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Ooh, Hyena men, cool!
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Re: Underfire Wargaming Sci fi Gnoll art concepts! page 3
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2013, 01:35:35 AM »
This is getting better and better! :o Hyenas in Space!  :o

Offline ogryn

• Librarian
  • Mercpancake
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2013, 04:24:39 AM »
Ok, space hyenas. I am in. Where do I send money
:)

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2013, 05:34:09 AM »
those are looking great... Dogs of war anyone?

looking forward to seeing what else you have to offer.

LGW

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2013, 07:32:27 AM »
I'm not the name police, honest, but I was fairly sure I'd heard gnoll before!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnoll

It was D&D I remembered it from.

On more important matters, the concept art for the New guys is great. It reminds me of Thundercats a little (Jackson's). I'm very much looking forward to seeing this develop. I'd certainly get a squad or two of both races if international postage wasn't too crippling! Good luck, you've got some great ideas.