Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:40:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690647
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Underfire Wargaming Sci fi Kyintruto (Gnolls) Empire forces art concepts! page 3  (Read 17600 times)

Offline von der Tann

• Scientist
  • "Viel Feind - viel Ehr!" - Georg von Frundsberg
Any update on these?
"Viel Feind - viel Ehr!"
(Georg von Frundsberg, 1473 - 1528)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
They've launched their site:

http://underfirewargaming.webs.com/

Offline underfirewargaming

• Bookworm
Sorry guys for the wait for an update!, I have yes gotten the website set up finally!. However I didn't think that would be worth mentioning all on its own which is why I didn't post that update of yet. I have the final 3 poses of the first pack of miniatures being printed as we speak, I should be shipped out this Monday, and I should have it here in about 1and 1/2 to 2 weeks time. I should be getting a few photos of the prints which I can share with all of you here soon though ;)!.

Sorry for the wait for an update guys!, hopefully I will have some more stuff to show you guys soon!, and then I can get down to having these guys casted and things finally running :D!.

with best regards - Shawn.

Offline von der Tann

• Scientist
This project still alive or is it dead? I have been patiently waiting for information
... no more ...

I demand to know what's going to happen to the hyena-men in space!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius

Offline von der Tann

• Scientist
Here's an update:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=62535.msg751236#msg751236

;)

Thanks alot ... but did I read that correctly? 38mm? Hope that's a typo ... otherwise those guys will surely stand out in a crowd ... ;)

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hope that too ;)

Offline Rhelyk

• Librarian
looks like 38mm is accurate, I think that's 1/4" graph paper in the initial photos which would paut their legs as just a bit too far apart for a standard 25mm/1" base. Looks like they're sized to fit in with standard confrontation wolfen/reaper lupin sizes

• Bookworm
Yes I am to make my miniatures true to scale with each other von der Tannthey are exactly 38mm from feet to the top of their heads, and the average human in my range will be true scale 28mm so they defiantly will stand out in the crowd ;).

The project and company are still alive everyone, I have been waiting for my final master from a failed casting commission to arrive for me here soon. If it does not come in the mail by The coming Tuesday from this date I am going too look at spending another 100 to get the master reprinted, due too this being the 2nd shipping attempt however I am sure it will come here by then.

As soon as I get it I will be able too ship the 5 masters off too my chosen caster, which is in the states and they can get right at casting the masters ;). Sort out shipping costs as well as get into contact with a few wargaming online stores over in Europe to help everyone over their avoid the extra shipping charges, I have heard mixed views on Wayland games, any recommendations?

Also Rhelyk, They would fit fine on those bases, I myself tend to use washers for my miniature bases when basing individually just due too cheapness and ease of purchasing them.  A inch and a half diameter washer would be an ideal base size for them, which is just a tad under 4cm.

I hope that helps everyone , I cannot apologize enough with the wait for them, had I known what delays I would have faced I would have waited till I had the casting finalized and set up before I made my announcement , sorry everyone :(, but the wait hopefully wont be too much longer :)!.

with best regards - Shawn
So I hope to have these guys finally up and running I share your excitement and frustration that these guys have been delayed for so long :P.

Offline Papa Spanky

• Scientist
    • Geek in the Basement
I've missed this one somehow, but I too will be a customer of yours when you open.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
As regards a European distributor, what about a smaller operator where your range may get more attention? There are a number of smaller online businesses with good reputations (our own Professor's business included) who might be better placed? Other potential stores could be Wargames Emporium, who already import the lovely Hydra sci-fi range; Firestorm Games; or North Star, who are a pretty large operation but carry some diverse ranges. Just a thought.

Offline von der Tann

• Scientist
Yes I am to make my miniatures true to scale with each other von der Tannthey are exactly 38mm from feet to the top of their heads, and the average human in my range will be true scale 28mm so they defiantly will stand out in the crowd ;).

Hmmm ... ah what the heck ... I want some, I'll get some ...  lol

Offline bishop odo

• Bookworm
Any update, I'm ready to buy, as for the 38 or 28mm debate, I hope for 28mm, but generally the Lupine races where slight where as the Aslan where taller than humans, but I'll roll with anyway. 

• Bookworm
Well just some good news, the masters should arrive at the casters Tomorrow! I am very much going to have then a few sent back too check the quality through expresspost and paint some up for you all too see whyll we get a good starting stock of them casted out.

At the moment it looks like most of the arms will have to be separate of the minis as well in one solid separate part. I think that will mean resin will be the best means as too not annoy anyone with putting together metal kits. However do any of you have thoughts on this? would you all be fine with having a 3 part metal miniature ( 4 part for the heavy weapon as the back vent will need to be its own separate piece due too detail indents).

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
As long as you have locator points then metal is absolutely fine.
So many projects..... so little time.......