Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:51:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Weird Great War  (Read 9097 times)

Offline Dwaine

• Schoolboy
Re: Weird Great War
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 07:19:56 PM »
Zombies in pickelhaubes?
Either that or Frankensteinesque creatures assembled from parts of dead soldiers  :o

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2008, 09:19:51 PM »
Either that or Frankensteinesque creatures assembled from parts of dead soldiers  :o

With pickelhaubes, of course.  :D
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline Dwaine

• Schoolboy
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2008, 09:33:53 PM »
With pickelhaubes, of course.  :D
And Monocles!  ;D

btw: Anyone got a link about that mad Aussie and his insane fellows haunting the trenches? Sounds....inspiring... ;)

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 02:03:41 PM »
I wrote up some lists and scenarios for Weird WW1 using the Chaos in Carpathia/Cairo rules. In a month or so they should  be up on the web as a free download if they don't get expanded into a proper book. The basic premise is a unit releiving a section of the line excavates a caved-in dugout only to discover that it was purposely caved-in...and for a good reason! I wrote 3-4 linked scenarios based around discovering the vampire, finding out how to deal with him, and the final showdown.

I have provisional plans to write more scenarios based around a patrol getting lost in the Ardennes and stumbling into a strange village with wolf problems and a strongpoint in the verdun sector where recent casualties have risen to rejoin the fray. You could also have troops in Palestine stumbling across biblical relics.

Of course with a baby and a rabbit infestation endangering my garden my plans can be easily sidetracked. :?

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 04:11:52 PM »
Of course with a baby and a rabbit infestation endangering my garden my plans can be easily sidetracked. :?

Your garden is infested with both babies AND rabbits...?! ;D
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 06:08:48 PM »
 lol Well, the baby is only a problem when I take him out there with me. For some reason he loves to pluck leaves off of plants.

Offline El Grego

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
    • The Pewter-Pixel Wars
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 09:09:28 PM »
I wrote up some lists and scenarios for Weird WW1 using the Chaos in Carpathia/Cairo rules. In a month or so they should  be up on the web as a free download if they don't get expanded into a proper book. The basic premise is a unit releiving a section of the line excavates a caved-in dugout only to discover that it was purposely caved-in...and for a good reason! I wrote 3-4 linked scenarios based around discovering the vampire, finding out how to deal with him, and the final showdown.

I have provisional plans to write more scenarios based around a patrol getting lost in the Ardennes and stumbling into a strange village with wolf problems and a strongpoint in the verdun sector where recent casualties have risen to rejoin the fray. You could also have troops in Palestine stumbling across biblical relics.

Sounds like a terrific twist for a historical setting -   ;)    can't wait to read about it more...

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2008, 10:53:08 PM »
lol Well, the baby is only a problem when I take him out there with me. For some reason he loves to pluck leaves off of plants.

You sure you didn't pick up a rabbit by mistake??  ;)

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 01:29:37 PM »
I'm pretty sure. I can't get him to eat his strained carrots. lol