Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:18:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A couple of Leman Russes  (Read 2143 times)

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
A couple of Leman Russes
« on: January 06, 2015, 09:33:20 PM »
Just added two Leman Russ MBT's to my IG collection.  Even though I don't 40k anymore, we do occasionally play Warpath 1.0 which works best with bigger armies so I'l try and paint up a unit or two from the closet before each game.
More pics and details here: http://chicagoskirmish.blogspot.com/2015/01/armor-reinforcements-for-warpath-and-40k.html

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
Re: A couple of Leman Russes
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 10:00:23 PM »
Nice work :)

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 12:52:26 AM »
Those look lovely. The bigger photos on your blog really show them off. I am also a lapsed 40K player. Even if I get rid of everything else, the Guard will have a place in my collection.
(and it's Imperial Guard, not Adaptus Muchkin-Warrioritus, or whatever they are called now.)

Offline Cosmotiger

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 03:01:57 PM »
Even though I know it's completely impractical, I have a soft spot for the Leman Russ, too.

I still remember how amazing that kit was when it first came out, it really raised the bar for GW's plastic vehicles at the time. And it still really conveys the whole retro-clunky-mechanized-sledgehammer vibe for the Imperial Guard.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 03:29:18 PM »
Even though I know it's completely impractical, I have a soft spot for the Leman Russ, too.

I still remember how amazing that kit was when it first came out, it really raised the bar for GW's plastic vehicles at the time. And it still really conveys the whole retro-clunky-mechanized-sledgehammer vibe for the Imperial Guard.
I missed the debut of the LR by a couple years, but I remember how cool I thought they looked when I started gaming (early 2nd edition 40k).  It really encapsulates the whole 40k aesthetic.  Both of these were the original kit, one of which came in a red box!

Nice work :)
Thanks!

Those look lovely. The bigger photos on your blog really show them off. I am also a lapsed 40K player. Even if I get rid of everything else, the Guard will have a place in my collection.
(and it's Imperial Guard, not Adaptus Muchkin-Warrioritus, or whatever they are called now.)
I think it's Astra-Copyrightus-Willsueyou-es

I've got two 40k armies and I'll never part with them. 40k was my first gaming love and I've got alot on nostalgia wrapped up in them.  Also, there are great rulesets like WarEngine/Shockforce and Warpath that give you the gonzo-40k-universe feel with none of the frustration or expense of 40k rulebooks.  So I can have my grim-dark fun with out the GW runaround.  Finally, if I should someday find myself living where 40k is the only game in town, it's good to know I'll always be able to find a game of 40k and even if they're nerfed my IG and Blood Angels will always be at least playable.