Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:18:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690986
  • Total Topics: 118362
  • Online Today: 742
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Ebor miniatures GNW first pictures of painted samples  (Read 6845 times)

Offline eboracomb

• Assistant
Ebor miniatures GNW first pictures of painted samples
« on: October 20, 2013, 02:09:53 PM »
Just received these pictures of the Swedish infantry painted by Steve Dean, I will get on with the Kickstarter it may take a few days as the Kickstarter crew review all projects before they are launched but I will get it launched as soon possible.

Cheers Nick

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m535/eboracomb/nic-4_zps5017442c.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
Re: Ebor miniatures GNW first pictures of painted samples
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 02:11:01 PM »
Sign me up :-*

Offline tomek917

• Mad Scientist
    • Anabasis
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 10:21:25 PM »
You missed the best one!

They look great!  :-*

Offline Fuzzywuzzieswiflasers

• Scientist
    • Little lead men of valour
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 08:18:24 PM »
Hmmm look very nice.

If the sculpts are done and you already have the moulds to cast the miniatures why do you need a kickstarter?

Just do what normal companies do and just start selling them!  ???

Fuzzy
Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly
down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red
Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture,
torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals.
Blackadder 4

Offline eboracomb

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 05:05:53 PM »
These are the only two figures done as samples so people can see the quality of the figures that will be produced for the range, and to get feed back on what potential backers would want.
As a one man band I can't afford to commission a range of figures in one go I would have to use any money from sales of the first set of figures to finance the next which would take a long time, if backers like what they see and want a range of figures for the Great Northern war that will be second to none for quality and price then they can back the Kickstarter and I can produce a set of figures in one go.

cheers Nick

Offline Fuzzywuzzieswiflasers

• Scientist
    • Little lead men of valour
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 09:03:42 AM »
Okay that's fair enough  :)

I have a real problem with established companies using kickstarter to bring out a new range or something that you can tell they have already got the moulds etc. made up and are using the "fad" of kickstarter to suck people into paying overblown prices for a few figures.

Kickstarter should be for someone like you not like a recent Mars Attacks kickstarter I saw by Mantic Games of all people! $150 dollars for about 20 figures!

Cheers
Neil

Offline ansbachdragoner

• Student
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 11:57:55 AM »
These look fantastic! I've always wanted to do GNW, but none of the figures available have grabbed me. These do! I'll definitely be signing up.
Ben

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 12:15:14 PM »
I just sold off my GNW 6mm so I could redo it in a larger scale; had been planning on Blue Moon 15mm, but I have to say I'm very tempted by these. Hmmm.

Offline General Roos

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 03:33:18 PM »
What a lovely project and amazing miniatures.

I got a few remarks regarding the private soldier.

During the Scandic and the Great Northern War, the swedish infantry only wore one shoulder flap (on the left shoulder). Cavalry and dragoons wore two.

The swedish Carolinians always wore their hair in small black bags which hung over the neck collar.

I would also propound a haversack over the left hand side on the private soldiers.

And a future painting tip if this fantastic project becomes a reality. The bandoleers and sword belts of all swedes during this era was ivory. Not leather brown.  ;)

I got, literally, thousands of reference pictures and contemporary illustrations from the Carolinian era if it may be helpful!

cheers!

The General
Current projects:
A Fistful of Kung Fu

Offline eboracomb

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 05:17:30 PM »
I totally understand where you are coming from Neil, I've seen some projects myself, I can assure you I won't be charging inflated prices in fact the figures will be £1 for foot and £2.35 for mounted figures, a lot cheaper than other companies charge for figures of this quality. I'm glad you like the figures, Paul has done a superb job as usual and Steve's painting is magical also.
General the belt colours are down to me and in no way reflect on Steve who just paints what I ask for, and thanks General any reference material and expert info would be great, I've submitted the project so hopefully it will be live very soon.

cheers Nick.

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 06:16:39 PM »
MAke sure to post a link when it goes live!

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 06:49:45 PM »
The bandoleers and sword belts of all swedes during this era was ivory. Not leather brown.  ;)

How intriguing, I'm sure I read somewhere that they were black.
Any chance you'd like to post some of those images you mention on a thread? I'd love to see them myself.

will be £1 for foot and £2.35 for mounted figures,

See, that's just the type of thing which my wallet doesn't need to know  :D

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 06:55:17 PM »
These are just superb!
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline von Cyrillus

• Assistant
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 07:05:41 PM »
"Any chance you'd like to post some of those images you mention on a thread?"
I would be very interested too :)
Cheers.
Cyrille

Offline General Roos

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 07:49:35 PM »
How intriguing, I'm sure I read somewhere that they were black.
Any chance you'd like to post some of those images you mention on a thread? I'd love to see them myself.

They were definitely not black. Maybe black sooty after hours of heavy fire.  ;)

Today there are 43 existing material scrolls regarding uniforms for both swedish privates and officers during the Great Northern War. There is material purchasing for tailors that were distributed in the various socknar (shires). 37 of these describes material costs and wages for the process of tanning procedure to create the chamois leather. Furthermore, there remains preserved in the Armémuseum in Stockholm. It has also unearthed fragments of the massgrave at Skalstugan in Värmland and in soldiers' graves in Skåne (south parts of Sweden), the Baltic states and Ukraine, where the Swedish army marched in 1709. Many Swedes were literate during this time. And a lot of letters and diaries are preserved. In one diary, written by chaplain Sven Agrell, there are some equipment described. Sven Agrell describes how the men in Kronoberg regiment was cleaning the white Bandoleers from dirt when camped for more than five days and had time for external equipment care.

Here´s a picture from the the upcoming movie "The pride of two gentlemen" where the actors wore correct uniforms to the smallest button milimeter.

And here is a contemporary picture of the Battle of Gadebusch 1712. The picture is painted by the cavalry officer Magnus Rommel (1678-1735). The image is a detail and pictures the Swedish cavalry before the attack.