Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:57:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: proxie models: sci-fi urban barriers and modular buildings  (Read 8560 times)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: proxie models: sci-fi urban barriers and modular buildings
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2013, 11:10:25 AM »
[urlhttp://proxiemodels.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=43[/url]

Basically they were IG not-Leman Russ' and not-Chimeras. He removed them from his webstore a long while ago since his old website could only have something like 16 items up and they just didn't sell very well, while his bases sold like hot cakes.

Ah yes, I have seen them before. Indeed compared to the stuff shown on here the aren't that good.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2013, 11:15:52 PM »
Box arrived yesterday.  Very nice little bits!  :-*

Will stick a pic up later.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 11:28:15 PM by Commander Vyper »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2013, 08:33:35 PM »
Received my Street barricades and Road Blocks (plus some 30mm bases) and I'm very happy with them. Great value for their price  :D

It would be great if Ken could do some simple vehicles in 28mm. Not like the Trencher Tank (that's in 15mm and for the 40k crow) but something like this:

I think it's not beyond his capacity to do some sprues like these:

What do you guys think? Maybe we could run this idea by him?

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2013, 02:27:24 AM »
It would be great if Ken could do some simple vehicles in 28mm. Not like the Trencher Tank (that's in 15mm and for the 40k crow) but something like this:

I think it's not beyond his capacity to do some sprues like these:

What do you guys think? Maybe we could run this idea by him?
Only one way to find out...........
Oh Ken, Ken are you out there? How you feeling about this? :-)

Grimm

Offline kenofyork

• Student
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2013, 03:03:58 AM »
  Hi folks.  Sorry for not following this thread. I have been busy coercing people in to voting for the grant competition.  I got the 250, although I have to take a group of teenage girls to a Korean Pop concert.  They have a pretty good network of face book friends and will move mountains to see these bands when they travel to the US.

I would actually like to make a multi use vehicle kit in 28mm.  The way I figure is this. The small machine will require multiple molds to make all the parts. I could re-use several of the molds and make parts that are universal for several vehicles. Tracks and chassis stuff. Then I could make a unique sprue to create different weapon build outs and stuff.

The problem is I am still going at this part time and alone. Not enough money to pay someone at this time. I made over 10,000 sprues in the month of October. It makes for some long days, let me tell you. Designing and making molds takes a lot of time. I love that part of the process but simply do not have time to make new stuff.

I have been working with 4 guys to develop new products. one guy designed the road blocks, another created a set of terrain for use in hero clix. These should be out next week. And one fellow has made an infantry sprue. We  are working out the details of what weapons to put in it. Kind of a generic bad guy figure.

The 4th guy was tasked with creating the vehicle, but he seems to have lost interest. If I could find time I would tackle it, but you have to know your limits. Running parts, working a job, and trying to keep up with the daily chores leaves little time to design stuff.

Plus, when I do get time, I keep plugging away on my female sci-fi troopers.

Anyhow- sorry for the long response.  To sum up- I would love to make a vehicle.  When I get some time I will tackle it for sure. If I can find someone interested in designing for a royalty it will happen a lot faster.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2013, 03:22:20 AM »
Thank for the reply, hehe. Glad to know that the vehicle is already planned and that you got enough votes (mine included ;))