Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:00:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690904
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Tuesday Night Gentleman's Club: Kulten  (Read 35927 times)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Tuesday Night Gentleman's Club: Kulten
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 04:07:26 AM »
Or you could move to Australia to play me and my lad!  ;D

Heh, I would have to sell it to the wife! Me, I have always had an interest for AU! Decent beer there also!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 06:04:39 PM »
Nice mitre... I love me a cool hat.

Glad to see this going forward. As I get settled into my 'new place' I hope to kick off a winter cabin-fever Strange Aeons frenzy, involving as many locals as possible.
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 02:02:49 AM »
Great news Peabody! I look forward to your exploits! Gearing up for a winter game myself...on Tuesday. It is gonna snow on Sunday...guess winter is here already. Better get some more maple syrup for the hockey cake.  ;)

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2013, 02:14:46 AM »
From stopping by and seeing me working on my SA minis I've had two friends express interest in playing, I just gave one my rule book to peruse. This is great as I was originally looking at playing this solo. But if I have enough interest in SA I may be able to parlay that into a VUK opponent or two. (I'd have to supply everything but it's a worthwhile price to pay for opponents.) The stars may finally be right indeed. And of course thanks Uncle M for being as big a Lovecraft fan as a Wargaming fan and making this all possible. Fhtagn!
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline Tas

• Mad Scientist
  • A keen eye for the ridiculous
    • The Man Cave
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2013, 05:05:48 AM »
I'd have to supply everything but it's a worthwhile price to pay for opponents.

Like you don't already have most of it anyway and secretly wanted a good excuse to buy more regardless!
 :D

Hope it works out well for you!

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2013, 07:15:01 AM »
I have the honour of being Uncle Mike's opponent for the upcoming game of Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten.  I also happen to think that I would look quite distinguished in a brand new pair of snakeskin boots or perhaps with a snakeskin wallet or dicebag. The possibilities are nearly endless.

Anyways, as I have always had a great fondness for all things Innsmouth, I have selected Dagonites;
the Esoteric Order of Dagon

Player Profile
Darth JaymZ

I will return with an explanation of how and why I decided to spend my starting 40 Resource Points but as you might of already guessed from their photo, I have decided to take one of the new Deep One models as my proverbial "hammer". Time to make some snake jelly!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 09:10:13 AM by D@rth J@ymZ »
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2013, 01:24:33 PM »
I hear snake and wolf-berries makes a delicious tonic-soup...
Equally delicious, double-boiled fish maw, honey date and lotus root.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 01:42:12 AM »
This whole thread is so cool.
Really love all the figures and terrain.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline aggro84

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Noble Pursuits
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 03:31:15 PM »
Sweet Dagonites!
I can't wait to see more from you two!
 :-*

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 03:38:34 PM »
Good point Aggro84! Now that there is two of us; that is enough for a fight! So, Darth James, I'm callin' you out! Let's throw down on Tuesday and see who comes away as the bigger cult.  >:(

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 03:59:28 PM »
I'm stoking up the old soup cart... There will be delicious if somewhat mysterious soup!

Good luck and may the winner earn plenty of favour...

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 05:01:15 PM »
Darth James, I'm callin' you out! Let's throw down on Tuesday and see who comes away as the bigger cult.  >:(

I accept your challenge sir!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 06:30:05 PM »
Great looking Cult, D@rth!
 :-*

Looking forward to the big kick-off, fellas.
 ;)

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2013, 07:36:42 AM »
Every nefarious cult starts with an equally villanous Magus! I chose a Fishman Demagogue for 12RP and decided to keep him equipped as is. With his decent Resolve and good close combat bonus, he's pretty "killy" by default and causes great damage.  I normally don't risk my Magus in game too often, as he prefers to get the congregation to do his dirty work, but he's dangerous and most players will avoid him regardless.  The fact that he is Hideous also means that I don't really need to worry about getting mugged in close combat by any mooks (and they aren't good shots either!). He'll need some cronies to boss around, but for now he can be pretty stock.
Total Cost: 12 RP

I like being able to have the freedom to move as many models as possible in a turn sequence.  A Cult Leader at 5RP  fits the bill nicely as he has a great Resolve stat and the Command skill.  I'll arm him with the standard .22 pistol and Bowie knife combo for his basic survival needs and a Rainment for 2 RP, which will give him save against shooting and close combat attacks.  Much like the Magus, he's going to hang back and focus on what he's good at...bossing lesser minions around.
Total cost: 7 RP  

Now that I have 2 Command models, I wanted something that will be the wrecking ball.  The new 14 pt Deep One model is big, tough, intimidating and wreaks havoc but is a hefty investment.  He causes Fear and is Hideous but as a Beast cannot be armed, search or hold objectives. Not that he will have time for that, he will be too busy cracking skulls.  Also by having the Deep One in my cult, he'll be garnering most of the attention, leaving my other mooks free to mop up the spoils!
Total Cost: 14 RP

Speaking of mooks, I'll round things out with 3 Cultists. One will be 'stock' with a Bowie knife, one will have a Bolt-Action Rifle and one will have a Tommy Gun.   Both Tommy Gun and BA Rifle variants will have clubs as their common weapon, so that no one is defenseless if charged.  The Bolt Action Rifle allows me to pick off enemies at great distance (like Cult Leaders or Serpentmen) while the Tommy Gun gives me enough shots to hopefully compensate for Cultists' poor shooting.  
Total Cost (3): 7RP

40 Resource Points well spent. Time to throw down!  

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2013, 01:22:01 PM »
Played our first game last night...and without giving away too much; it was a great, long fought game! Getting ready for a tournament on the weekend and Halloween before that...pictures and a full report will follow...should be at the start of next week at the latest...