Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:14:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690897
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Tuesday Night Gentleman's Club: Kulten  (Read 35917 times)

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
Re: Tuesday Night Gentleman's Club: Kulten
« Reply #165 on: February 01, 2014, 05:52:37 AM »
*Sigh*

That's some good bedtime AAR action right there.
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2014, 04:02:39 PM »
The Post Game
The Death Cult lost a cultist (not even mentioned or photoed in the report...) and the Dagonites suffered a leg wound on their Demagogue. No skills for the dead 'uns while the fishy bolt action rifle cultist got a skill...three guesses what that will be. No Favour for anyone! Even with the Death Cult sacrificing a few models to up their chances. A quick fight with no terrible effects. As a side note the Death Cult had enough resources to purchase a piece of Territory: a Slaughterhouse. What does this mean? Wait and see! At the very least there is now a 'Territory Gap'.  ;)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #167 on: February 01, 2014, 04:05:34 PM »
Another great report, Mike!
Always gives me a chuckle.
 8)

As for Tommy-toting Dead Things..... o_o o_o

Gonna have to get some Cult Warfare going later in the year.
Oh, yes!
 :D

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2014, 04:08:18 AM »
I look forward to it! Can't wait to see what hideous cult you come up with. I seem to recall you having a cult of Morris dancers already? They would be great! Beyond culty, that behavior!  o_o

But the story continues...

Mere minutes after their first encounter the Death Cult find themselves, once more, thrust into the depths of battle! This time the Serpent Worshipers are out for blood in this most surprising of Suprise Attacks.

The Ancient ring of standing stones had stood since waaaay ago...at least they looked old, and the brochure had said so. Plus there was a great group discount...but, what's this? Their unnaturally evil nemesisses had arrived at the same time! What are the chances, eh? Dear readers? Still, there they were at that eldritch tourist trap. Indeed it was a bit of a surprise, but in the end, at only $1.50 each (Canadian...so it is worth less than that... :() and with those great big stone things it was an excellent place for a bit of bloody carnage!

Who would prevail? Did the snack shack serve lemonade? And at what price?

And the ever looming question on everyone's minds: what were those giant obelisk things really made of? It sure wasn't stone...looked more like foam with a bit of paint splashed on.

Also, if anyone survived would they get their money back at the entrance...or at least credit at the concession???   :-I

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2014, 04:16:52 AM »
Ring-side seats please.

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2014, 06:56:19 PM »
Lemonade please, I'll grab some popcorn... :)
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #171 on: February 06, 2014, 04:40:08 AM »
The Serpent Worshipers (being the higher rated cult...) get the surprise, which ends up being that one of their Degenerates misses the game...no doubt they couldn't find a babysitter at such short notice! Whatever the reason...

The Death Cult surge forward guns at the ready...

While the Serpent Worshipers slither into some good shooting positions...

Advancing to the sacrificial alter both cults fired away uselessly...

Until the Conglomerate decides to charge the Tcho-Tcho (with a shotgun...wait isn't that a movie...). After a merciless multi-limbed pummeling the tiny Tcho-Tcho is removed as a Major Injury.

In control of the sacrificial alter the Death Cult continues to advance...that is to say the Blasphemous Construct (after being Stupid more than Moving...) finally snaps out of it and gets a move on.

You will notice the Maniac hiding behind the scenery...biding his time...talking crazy talk...getting ready to pounce...

You can really feel the tension as the Blasphemous Construct inches ever closer (and is Stupid yet again...should have gotten a better brain...). Also, there really is quite a bit of blood...this AAR should be rated R. If you are under 18 you can stop reading now! The shocking conclusion may be more than your teenage mind can stand!!!

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2014, 08:11:54 PM »
And now, the stunning conclusion!!!

The Maniac charges in to slay the Conglomerate...at least, that was the original idea. True to form he sees the mass of dead flesh and Frenzies. Unfortunately, also true to form, Uncle Mike's Maniac rolls a heap of dice...and three of them are 1s. For those not in the know of the rules, this in layman's terms, would be like dropping his cleaver and cutting off two of his toes. So, not a good start to a fight.  :(

Things go from bad to worse as the Conglomerate delivers a merciless kicking. Face Down...Major Injury!

The Death Cult reins supreme again!  :( :'( :-[ And the Serpent Worshipers hope that the end game isn't as unlucky as this game just was!

Now, let's have some grape jelly!

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2014, 05:52:32 AM »
The Post Game

Amazingly no injuries of note occurred! Not only unusual but unsatisfying:? Who wants to see this kind of stuff? Not me! Just un-culty behavior if you ask me!
However, the Serpentman Demagogue gains a skill. Always good when the boss gets smarter...the sooner the better!
Both cults walk away with a point of Favour. Mind you, the Death Cult had to sacrifice a cultist and a Zombie to make it happen.
In the end a fairly quick game with no real lasting impact...except that Favour. Now that a few points of Favour are floating around you can expect to see some crazy stuff!

Also, on a side note, both Darth James and myself were bested by Basement Dweller, who had clearly done some sort of hoodoo on our dice. I only say this as we both rolled triple ones in our games...unlikely? Oh, it's unlikely alright...yet it happened, so: witchcraft.

A possible backdoor deal will now occur involving the Dagonites and Serpent Worshipers who will be actively seeking revenge! That Death Cult is living on borrowed time...well, you know what I mean...

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2014, 03:35:08 PM »
Great stuff, Uncle Mike.
 8)

Your AAR's always give me a good chuckle as well.
Thank you!
 :D

As for the Cults ganging up on the unfortunate Witch of the North: Go for it!
Proper Culty behaviour, that is.
 ;)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2014, 10:02:53 PM »
I'm back in the city and my schedule has smoothed out again. Can I get a spot on the agenda for the 18th?
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Pseudopod

• Student
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2014, 10:39:32 PM »
These battle reports are really entertaining, makes me want to try VUK. Must...paint...more.
The abyss is infinite and thus absurd.

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #177 on: February 11, 2014, 01:13:28 PM »
Great to hear you are back in the loop Obsidian! See you on the 18th!

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
  • Most of what I say is lost in translation.
« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2014, 04:59:59 PM »
I'm back in the city and my schedule has smoothed out again. Can I get a spot on the agenda for the 18th?

Hey Obsidian,

Do you ever go to Imaginary Wars? I have started making it there on Wednesdays and I have even started painting my stuff so you will get a mostly painted game.

Cheers,

Daniel
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2014, 06:13:35 PM »
Great to hear you are back in the loop Obsidian! See you on the 18th!

He is also going to sacrifice your entire cult upon the alter to the dice gods! Yes, he has been infused with the voodoo powers here within Florida during his visit and plans to crush all of you!!!!   :o
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com