Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:36:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690842
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hostages Freed After Intense Firefight  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
Hostages Freed After Intense Firefight
« on: January 19, 2015, 06:58:21 AM »

(NAFP photo - Hostages and Combined Army operatives can be seen through the window of the 6 - Eleven convenience store on Tuesday.)

Bununu, Nigeria (NAFP) – Nine hostages were rescued today by Chinese military forces after Combined Army operatives barricaded themselves in a convenience store.

(NAFP photo -Chinese forces move toward the store where the hostages were being held.)

The hostages could be seen standing in front of the alien terrorists from outside of the building.

As government forces advanced on the store the terrorists would make sorties out to ambush them.  General Xi Guofan said that four soldiers were killed in the daring raid and 11 more were wounded. In addition two Guija class TAG units were heavily damaged in the fighting, he said.

(NAFP photo credit - Guija class TAG moves towards the store taking cover behind a public toilet)

(NAFP photo - Terrorists catch the Guija in a deadly crossfire)

The hostage crisis developed after a raid on a Chinese army column went awry and the Combined Army force withdrew from the highway into the town of Bununu, Guofan said.

Eye witnesses to the scene said that people were herded into the building but that government forces responded quickly and in large numbers.

(NAFP photo - Chinese soldiers move to support the TAG driving CA forces back into the store.)

"I kept seeing their air cars coming.  I counted maybe four of them land while the situation was going on," said business owner Li Rengan.  

"There was quite a bit of other types of aircraft too," he said.

(NAFP photo - Chinese reinforcements land and rush to stop the CA forces from escaping)

(NAFP photo - The troops pass by the destroyed Guija.)

From what government sources have said it appears that four terrorists were killed in the clash and another one was captured.

No hostages were killed in the firefight that saw waves of reinforcements coming in to prevent the escape of the terrorists.

(NAFP photo - An Elite Tiger soldiers storms the building killing the last of the terrorists and freeing the hostages)

The fighting was intense and it appears that the aliens had significant new resources that have not been seen in the Chinese controlled anti-diaspora.

"I don't know what you could call it other than a monster," said Hu Wei, "it landed near my house.  You can still see the crater."

"It just mowed down all those soldiers," Wei said.  

(NAFP photo - Chinese soldiers are caught off guard as the monster lands near them and attacks.)

(NAFP photo - The first Chinese strike force is destroyed by the monster.)

He said that the creature, possibly an alien TAG, stood about four meters tall and was as big as a Guija class TAG.  

"It came down like a bomb," said another resident, who would only be identified as Oluwafunso.

He said the creature engulfed four Chinese soldiers with a flame throwing weapon before engaging more with some type of heavy assault weapon.

The Chinese military did not have any information regarding the new threat.  Guofan said that they are speaking with Pan Oceana forces who reported a similar threat late last week.

(NAFP photo - The TAG like alien crushes a Chinese Invincible with its massive talons seconds before being blown apart by the third Guija to arrive.)

"Obviously this is something we will have to take seriously," Guofan said, "It seems that most of the casualties we sustained were from this thing."

"We are still investigating but from initial reports it seems that it went up against one of the Guija we sent in and managed to destroy it by itself," he said.

(NAFP photo - The Guija faces off against the new alien threat.)

(NAFP photo - The wreckage of the Guija is seen still smoking after the battle.)

"It ultimately required another Guija to bring it down," Guofan said.

He said that the unit was damaged very badly in the fight and that Chinese scientists would do their best to analyse what was left.

http://imgur.com/60OV8Vx,oWDkI5v,OwlAn0U,TYmhMaC,eBqeFGD,Wgwfd2k,tYBWuFy,PMwAmmC,XVPCJ08,efdwIDR,RDx1ftN,7yFpOiy#11

http://imgur.com/9kY9zpO,3c466Ne,jOJIEpN,1QfDTWd,o0ELKjB,Ikhlhqr,TWDdKgj,nleGxjT,YeAX3X7,q2l4RAI,XlOv89Y,px34iOl#0
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:12:25 AM by Pictors Studio »

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
Re: Hostages Freed After Intense Firefight
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 07:39:47 PM »
I love the style you're writing these AARs in, it's very well done.

I also love the twist you've given to the infinity fluff, having the Combined Army as terrorists is a very unique slant. Together with the shanty town like scenery, the whole thing gives me a kind of 'district 9' vibe. Very cool narrative.

Looking forward to the next one.

Are you using the infinity rules? If not what are you using?

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 08:00:14 PM »
We do use the Infinity rules, but not the newest version.  I've loved Infinity since its release. The models brought me in, but the rules kept me playing.

I'm not a huge fan of the fluff so we came up with our own.  It is based largely around district 9 only all the big powers in the world came in and control a section of what is called the Anti-diaspora, essentially a quarantine zone around the alien's ship that crashed.  There are factions of the aliens that want peace with the humans and then factions that don't think that is such a good idea.  Obviously the latter are more interesting in game terms. 

Thanks for the comments.  I'm glad you liked the post.  I'll keep them coming, although it will probably be a couple weeks before I do another game as I need to get ready for a convention and clear off the table to take some piccies for a WI article I wrote. I also want to paint up my Morat Aggression force and new Combined Army starter set so that I can use them the next time we play. 

Offline headache

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 07:19:36 AM »
Nice report, pleasure to read :)