Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:35:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686490
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Shadows of Brimstone  (Read 8560 times)

Offline Astor

• Librarian
Re: Shadows of Brimstone
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 12:05:19 PM »
A friend recommended this to me - I only pledged (Outlaw Level) last week when it was on $400,000 and the speed it's grown since then has astonished me - this is the first time I've pledged on a Kickstart project so it's been a pleasant surprise.

I'm not a huge fan of board games or dungeon crawls generally, but this one really has piqued my interest, I can't wait until all the goodies arrive. And I was pleased to see the Drifter character was unlocked just yesterday, too. :)

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 07:53:01 PM »
Few days to end and almost reaching  one million $!!!
I hope they will reach it because the 1 million stretch goal rocks  ;D

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2013, 10:38:45 AM »
Assuming this pays of with good miniatures and fun rules which keep you playing, the people who went for the full package deal (mine cart?) at the start are in for a crazy good deal.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2013, 02:05:27 PM »
I backed at the outlaw level and last time I counted models they where more than 130 miniatures, some of them really big guys, plus additional boards, cards etc. A big bunch of stuff for 150$.
As you said the Mine cart backers will get even much more stuff but I find it a bit excessive for my budget.
Regarding the fun, that company has a good reputation making fun games. There is a loot of game rules explained on the different updates and looks like a nice cooperative dungeon crawler, in a western set, with a bit of Cthulhu.
Definitively is not a game for historical Old West fans.

Offline Dahak

• Student
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2013, 02:51:09 PM »
Give them this, They've listened and put up some distant stretch goals.

2 million is probably the outer edge of possible but, a Train. Normal one side of the tiles and unpleasant the other.

Offline Aeneades

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2013, 06:46:47 PM »
XXL sword wielding Cthulhu addon went up as well today. They said they have several addons planned for each day for the last few days so hopefully the minecart level with sweeten the deal even more.

Would really like to reach the train.
The Cult of the Black Goat Cultist No. 33

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2013, 07:32:30 PM »
Hadn't even seen this until this thread bubbled up this morning. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I went with the outlaw level, and may do some add-ons too. (Is it my imagination or do some of the stretch goals contain figures that will only work if you buy certain add-ons?) Timing is a little unfortunate so close to the holidays however, so can't go too berserk--maybe that's a good thing  ;)

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 08:17:01 PM »
Is it my imagination or do some of the stretch goals contain figures that will only work if you buy certain add-ons?
I think so, if you dont buy the "dimension X" board add-on all the add-on models for the "dimension X" board will be useless, at least as far as I understood.

Would really like to reach the train.
me too, but I think is very hard they duplicate the funds in a so short time, anyway I hope they release it late as a game expansion, this train shape board could be really useful also for rpg games

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 09:41:54 PM »
Is it my imagination or do some of the stretch goals contain figures that will only work if you buy certain add-ons?
I think so, if you dont buy the "dimension X" board add-on all the add-on models for the "dimension X" board will be useless, at least as far as I understood.

Just had a look through the stretch goals, the ones that are tied to a particular location are for locations that were earlier stretch goals. From the various posts they've made about game play I get the impression that any of them can be used in the normal game as creatures that have wandered through the 'gates'.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Aeneades

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 09:46:36 PM »
Yep. The only addons that require other addons are the encounter card packs which need the matching Otherworld tile pack.

Any creatures can be added in as having crossed over via a portal.

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 09:24:29 AM »
So the optional add-ons Trederra and the Bastedlands are no mandatory to use the (for instance) Trederran Field Marshal, or the Wasteland Terralisk?
Then I was wrong, much better that way!
ops! new set of add-on maps "Derelict Ship" it looks a bit Even Horizon like.

what I like is depending on the add-ons you can tailor the game at your taste to make it more sci-fi or horror etc

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 12:31:54 PM »
Sounds like the same story as  Malifaux
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2013, 12:47:39 PM »
So the optional add-ons Trederra and the Bastedlands are no mandatory to use the (for instance) Trederran Field Marshal, or the Wasteland Terralisk?

Nope they can be used elsewhere, although they probably occur much more often in their 'home' region.  They are as you said optional add ons though, not stretch goals.

Offline Aeneades

• Bookworm
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 10:12:42 PM »
Only a couple of hours left on this one now. Just unlocked a blacksmith ally and on track to unlock a dark stone snake hydra. Really impressed with the final value here especially with the amount of content at the Outlaw level when compared to other kickstarter mini campaigns.