Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:50:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Cheetors Alien Flora & Fauna: Cirripods 25/10/16  (Read 25124 times)

Offline cp models

• Scientist
    • checkPoint Miniatures
Re: Cheetors Alien Flora & Fauna: Ramshackle/Sed.Wars/Horrorclix added 18/02/14
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2014, 12:43:37 PM »
Fantastic painting  :)

Mark

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2014, 01:31:11 PM »
Cant believe I missed this thread, lots of inspiration. Keep up with the good ideas.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2014, 01:11:54 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement folks :)

Have you considered these lovely little critturs, Vardu Sprouts from Hydra Miniatures:

I have considered the Vardu, but have yet to get around to picking some up.   Its probably just a matter of time though...

Meanwhile, I have finished the rather time consuming task of prepping the fifty or so bases of foliage to bulk out my jungle with.  I am sick of the sight of plastic aquarium plants at this stage, so I find it hard to be objective, but I think that the space jungle part of this project has been a success.  A gaudy, somewhat H.R. Puffinstuff flashback inducing success, but a success nonetheless.

More photos in the blog post.

Comments and criticisms welcomed even more than usual.  I literally cannot see the wood for the trees after a couple of weeks working on this stuff.

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
Re: Cheetors Alien Flora & Fauna: Jungle Finished 21/02/14
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2014, 01:18:52 PM »
Wow  :o what a cool project. Do you have the links where you bought the palm trees and the others plants  :D.

Cheers,
Za

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2014, 01:39:41 PM »
fab looking table  :-*

Offline whiskey priest

• Scientist
    • the Leadpile
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2014, 01:40:59 PM »
I'm absolutely loving this stuff. So much so that on a family trip out to the garden centre/ coffee shop, I went straight to the aquatic section and checked out the plants! (Although they seem to be cheaper online!) brilliant stuff. Keep it coming.

Offline DowVooVoo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2014, 01:56:59 PM »
Very cool table! :o :o

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2014, 02:41:15 PM »
Your table is second to none. Absolutely inspirational!! Too bad you didn't live in my corner of the world. I would love to have a game with you on that table using that terrain and those figures. Thanks for sharing!!
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2014, 02:44:22 PM »
Bloody gorgeous!
 :-* :-*

Proper retro-looking for that perfect RT look.
 8)

It makes me want to do mine.
I have enough palm trees and aquarium plants but I do need more 'feature' plants and you have provided a wonderful list of what's out there.

Cheers!
 :D

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2014, 02:54:07 PM »
That table is awesome. Just awesome.

RT FTW!    ;D
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »
Not bad!  :D

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2014, 02:57:11 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys.  It all helps to when motoring through the projects :)

Wow  :o what a cool project. Do you have the links where you bought the palm trees and the others plants  :D.

Sure, all from Ebay.

The palm trees came from the Ebay seller "everestmodel".  I bought one pack of "TDT13 20pcs Layout Model Train Palm Trees Scale HO 13CM", one pack of "TDT18 20pcs Layout Model Train Palm Trees Scale O 18cm" and one pack of "TDZ3 40pcs Layout Model Train Palm Trees Scale HO N 3CM" from him.

Most of the red plants came from Ebay seller "144mph", 2 x "Plastic Aquarium Multicolor Plants Fish Tank Grass Landscape 10pc MPH".

The most interesting range of coloured plants came from Ebay seller "ouyou2010", 5 x "Lot 10pcs Plastic Aquarium Multicolor Plants Fish Tank Grass Ornament Landscape".

A few bits and pieces that had knocking around were added too, but the amount listed above gave me the coverage shown.

(Although they seem to be cheaper online!)

Definitely far cheaper online than in the local pet shops and the like.  I found that the local places didnt really stock many aquarium plants in exotic colours either, so it had to be online purchasing anyway for me.

brilliant stuff. Keep it coming.

Thanks.  This project isnt finished by a long way, but the plant and jungle aspect is for now.  I do have a large menagerie of unpainted wildlife ready to be added to the jungle yet though, Miral Land Sharks, Face-Eaters, Growlers, weird things that dont really have proper names yet... loads.

Too bad you didn't live in my corner of the world. I would love to have a game with you on that table using that terrain and those figures.

Never say never Hitman, it could happen.

Proper retro-looking for that perfect RT look.
 8)

Definitely retro, although more retro than eighties RT stuff yused to look in some respects I reckon. I think that it looks more Forbidden Planet or Star Trek or Lost in Space, kinda Technicolour :)

It makes me want to do mine.
I have enough palm trees and aquarium plants but I do need more 'feature' plants and you have provided a wonderful list of what's out there.

The palm trees and aquarium plants were the toughest bit to work on actually, the most dull.  The "hero" plants were more interesting although if I am honest, it really was quite a big job.  I am glad to be finished it for a while.

former user

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2014, 04:59:55 PM »
The palm trees and aquarium plants were the toughest bit to work on actually, the most dull.  

why?
I am asking because I have a lot of plastic plants too

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2014, 06:09:16 PM »
Bloody fantastic!

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2014, 06:12:21 PM »
why?
I am asking because I have a lot of plastic plants too

I wasnt clear, sorry.

It was the worst part of the process because it was dull. Basing a handful of miniature bases is tedious, but basing ~50 of those was something that I had to firce myself to do.

Glueing the plant parts to bases was very repetitive too and while a hot glue gun is a great tool, the process took longer than I expected.

So it was the worst part of the process because I am impatient.