Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:49:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690916
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fast and Dirty, anybody still play it?  (Read 1685 times)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Fast and Dirty, anybody still play it?
« on: November 07, 2013, 11:33:44 AM »
I have been looking for the right ruleset for 15mm games for some time. I have been using Gruntz for some time but the system for resolving every attack with 2d6 for every model, twice gets on my nerve. I recently discovered FaD and it looks spot on. However a few questions came up while reading the rules and I was hoping somebody could enlighten me.

Currently mainly what eludes me is the way to resolve fire for squad support weapons. The book states that these weapons ad to the fire resolve of the unit but also lists individual ranges for these weapons. and then the fire effect mod table has a plain "+2 for each SAW" mainly my question is this, flamethrowers and shotguns have a lot shorter range then normal rifles while a unit might also have a support weapon that has a range much longer then their normal weapons. How does this factor in to the fire resolve check against infantry?

Besides that I was wondering if anybody with more experience has some tips on how to get the most out of the game, not to many vehicles or make sure there is enough terrain, that sort of thing.

cheers,
Tim
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
Re: Fast and Dirty, anybody still play it?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 02:37:36 PM »
I seem to remember that it's a separate roll, but I'm not sure - it's been a couple years.
If FAD4 is not your cuppa after it's all said and done, i highly rcommend FUBAR for this.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: Fast and Dirty, anybody still play it?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 03:00:49 PM »
Actually the rules say at the start of the shooting segment that "squad support weapons such as flame-throwers and grenade launchers are included in the fire effect of the squad, and are not rolled for separately"
But how then do the different range bands factor in...
I mean with a SAW ignoring the range and just having it provide a bit of extra fire-power along with rifles I can get, but a flamethrower simply should not add its bonus at long range of a rifle.  lol

Thanks for the reply, I hoped to ask in the yahoo group for the game but yahoo wont let me register an account for some reason...

EDIT: managed to use google acount instead of yahoo one, discovered there is in fact a newer edition of the game on the group, with a lot more explanation and rules acording to the intro. Ignore all of the above then...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 04:08:15 PM by YPU »