Forum > Interwar

The Interwar Vehicle Wish List

<< < (2/6) > >>

commissarmoody:
If any one makes them, get some with serpent heads so that all the commonwealth and there assorted head gear can be represented.  :D

moif:
What I have missed most in my 1930's era games is a balance between the available historical models. What can you pit against a Vickers Mk II in a fictious battle set in 1936? To that end, I've taken to building my own models, but so far I have only made tank models. What I would really like from the mid war period are auxiliary vehicles; cars, small trucks, vans and motorbikes.

Arlequín:
The answer to the question is 'pretty much anything', as the Vickers Medium was very poorly armoured and anything larger than a rifle round would go through it. However I do take your point. Unfortunately the field of 'civilian' and 'soft skin' transport is so varied in the 30's that producing anything is likely to be the wrong anything in that respect.

The situation is possibly going to become worse, as with Warlord's buying up of Force of Arms's 'pre-war' vehicles, we might not even see many of those vehicles again. Time will tell I suppose.

Some sort of generic transport vehicles might be possible... that will be down to a manufacturer, but I will put it up.  :)

WillieB:
Since I'm mainly interested in the SCW segment of the Interwar period I only selected civilian vehicles.
Renault lorries and buses for example.
I'd love one of those Spanish ( Renault/Peugeot?) tank transporters used in the Rif and Civil War but I feel it wouldn't be commercially attractive.

A Hispano Suiza bus would be on top of my list as would any Chevrolet/ HS lorry.

In fact I'll buy any decent 1/56th interwar lorry or bus if I feel it can be used in the SCW but... it has to have open windows. Just can't abide with solid windows.

Arlequín:
Carro Barbastro:

I came across this recently. It was apparently made from the tracks of an agricultural tractor, with an American truck engine. It was originally designed to mount a 20mm cannon, but two Hotchkiss MG were used in the three or four prototypes made. I believe it never saw action and was used as a propaganda piece due to its size.

Called variously the 'Carro Aragon', or 'Carro Barbastro', to me it typifies 'The' Inter-War tank mentality, even if it was made from re-cycled components in its original form.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version