Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:14:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690340
  • Total Topics: 118326
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Beta Test My New Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Rule-Set!  (Read 4698 times)

Offline Adm Richie

• Librarian
Beta Test My New Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Rule-Set!
« on: November 03, 2013, 02:53:26 PM »
Hello all, I'm just putting the finishing touches to the first version of my Post-Apocalyptic/near future skirmish war game: Across The Dead Earth. It's a set I'm very pleased with and am hoping to publish. As such I want to make sure that it works and that it is fun and appealing, and so I need some outside help to test it.
The game is set a sparsely populated future Earth, and is based around the constant struggle for survival of nomadic gangs searching for salvage and loot. There is an emphasis on campaign play using persistent gangs, and as such it has elements of RPG and a strong video game influence. Someone has suggested that a lot of elements are similar to Necromuda, although I have never played that myself.

If you are interested in play testing the game, leave a message here, and when the rules are fully typed up I'll send them over to the first few people interested. I really would appreciate as in depth feedback as possible, as such I'm asking for an investment of your time here: I'd ideally want play testers to play at least a campaign (although individual games are pretty quick).

Miniatures wise you'll need 5-10 per side and there are plenty of appropriate ones out there, I used some of the lovely near future skirmish figures from EM4, the Last Project mini 's from Lead Adventure would also suit very well, I guess on this particular forum the vast majority of you will be fully kitted up in this respect! Really any minis will do for play testing.

Anyone interested?

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
Re: Beta Test My New Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Rule-Set!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 07:42:34 PM »
Hi.

I may try to arrange a game or two with my gaming group, as we are very interested in skirmish wargames.

PM sent.

Thanks.
I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!

Offline Adm Richie

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 12:01:50 PM »
Thanks for all the PM's I have had regarding this. I now have enough playtesters and will be e-mailing the beta rules within the next week.

Offline Adm Richie

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 11:55:55 AM »
Hi all, we're now testing version 1.1 and have a website and forum up for feedback and questions. As such I'm now looking for MORE playtesters! If you'd like to be involved in shaping this fun and exciting post-apocalyptic skirmish game of tactics and loot, get in touch now!

Offline Adm Richie

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 10:47:06 AM »
Due to the relatively small amount of feedback we have received so far, I would welcome any further offers to playtest the game from anyone who has some time to play it and comment!

We now have a concept artist on board who has designed the first few characters from the rules and Andrew May at Meridian Miniatures will beginning sculpting some miniatures in January. We're then hoping to run a Kickstarter campaign to fund the rest later in the new year. As such, with things pressing ahead, I really wnat tomake sure the rules stand up and are ok!

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 10:50:28 AM »
Do you have a website?  :)
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Adm Richie

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 11:10:31 AM »
We do, but as the rules are currently freely downloadable from it, I'm trying not to publicise it too much just yet. I'm happy to PM a link if you're potentially interested?

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 11:48:21 AM »
Thanks for the offer but to be honest I've not got the time to playtest (it's not disinterest or discouragement just way busy  ;)).  I was just thinking that if you published a bit more about the game via a website/blog/Facebook/etc it might help you draw in a wider audience.

:D

Offline Adm Richie

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 11:53:44 AM »
Thanks for the offer but to be honest I've not got the time to playtest (it's not disinterest or discouragement just way busy  ;)).  I was just thinking that if you published a bit more about the game via a website/blog/Facebook/etc it might help you draw in a wider audience.

:D

We'll definitely do so as soon as we have a bit more to show!
As I say, at the moment all of the game materials are available for download direct from the site, although they can be taken down as soon as we have enough playtesters signed up. I'll probably do that over the weekend actually, and come back here with a new post linking the website, concept art and some of the background/game world type stuff from the book.
Cheers for your comments.  

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 12:00:52 PM »
No worries .... Look forward to learning more idc  :D

Offline Adm Richie

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 10:28:53 AM »
Hi all, the beta will be closing tonight so that the rules can be taken off the website and it can be updated and launched publically. If you would like to take part in the beta,message me today. Thanks.