Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:24:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690899
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley Character Cards  (Read 24873 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: Pulp Alley Character Cards
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 05:16:52 AM »
What's the little girl "Lillie" from? Is that a Hasslefree mini?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 09:03:39 AM »
I love the new card except for the skull watermark. I think that makes it harder to read. I would skip the skull.  When will you ship the deck?  :D

Thanks, syrinx0! There will most likely be lots more changes before we get a final design, so we appreciate the feedback. I'd have to guess that a Character deck is still a couple months away.

Great minds think alike Dave ;). Really like your designs. Nice stuff!

Yours looks awesome, Marijn. We're still debating the double-sided cards, but I think we'll end up doing a common card-back for the Base Character Deck so it is fast and easy to shuffle them up and draw random cards.

I made mine with space to tick off "hits" to the character's health, so you can keep track of what die to use. I put them in card sleeves to dry erase.

Another cool design, Jaye! The Health Track is certainly something we're considering as well.

Since the character art is on the cards, you're just going to have to produce miniatures to sell along with the cards.

If only we knew an awesome miniature sculptor who wanted to make some Pulp Alley figures? Hmm... Perhaps someone hiding-out in the wilds of western Scotland... ??   ;)

What's the little girl "Lillie" from? Is that a Hasslefree mini?

That's art for a soon-to-be released miniature from Statuesque's new Pulp/Horror range.

THANKS for all the comments and suggestions!

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 11:31:32 AM »
If only we knew an awesome miniature sculptor who wanted to make some Pulp Alley figures? Hmm... Perhaps someone hiding-out in the wilds of western Scotland... ??   ;)

Sure is wild and windy out here! My wheelie bin flew away last night.  ;D

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 07:14:42 PM »
And here I was actually thinking of dropping Andrew Rae a PM to ask him if he had any new figures in the works too!  lol

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 01:10:42 AM »
I made mine with space to tick off "hits" to the character's health, so you can keep track of what die to use. I put them in card sleeves to dry erase.

I was inspired by both Dave's and BaronVonJ's efforts. So, I reworked mine. I am also going to put them in card clear sleeves...and will probably print them out on cardstock to give them some stiffness. I designed them so you can print it out and then simply fold it in half -- green side showing the character can still act on one side and red on the other.

I found a cool effect in Mac's Pages which lets the photo look like it is fading into the background. Speaking of which, the background is an old map tinted green and then red. Hope you like 'em...!

Mike Demana

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 03:45:00 AM »
Just want to point out that some of the abilities in the rulebook (or offered elsewhere) have a fair bit more text. You may want to allow yourself some "wiggle-room" in the textboxes.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 07:17:19 AM »
My friend made these for me:
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2013, 06:42:51 AM »

Some more cool examples. Thanks for sharing, Mike and Dr. The Viking!

THANKS

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 05:38:58 PM »
Those little pictures in the bottom corner are cool. I want to come up with some icons like that for our cards.

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2013, 10:38:08 PM »
Andrew, I popped on over to your miniature site, but was unable to determine the scale of your minis there. The link to the affiliated site comparison pics was not to the pics but to the general site. Anywho, what scale are yours modeled to?
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2013, 10:59:22 PM »
Andrew, I popped on over to your miniature site, but was unable to determine the scale of your minis there. The link to the affiliated site comparison pics was not to the pics but to the general site. Anywho, what scale are yours modeled to?

This link should show you some size comparison pics -- http://www.khorosho-productions.blogspot.co.uk/p/comparison-photos.html

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 01:45:09 PM »

Mila's pointed you to the comparison pics so I hope that helps. The sci-fi figures are generally a little slimmer than say Hasslefree or Copplestone, being more at the Infinity end of the scale.

To keep everyone on their toes, I like to work to different styles for different genre. For example, while the sci-fi figures are slender and tall, my forth-coming fantasy figures will be full on heroic-scale, caricatured ridiculousness. And if I were to do a pulp range, perhaps in collaboration with a certain Pulp themed game, I would most likely sculpt in a chunky, "Copplestone-esque" style... ;)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 06:38:31 PM »
Mila's pointed you to the comparison pics so I hope that helps. The sci-fi figures are generally a little slimmer than say Hasslefree or Copplestone, being more at the Infinity end of the scale.

To keep everyone on their toes, I like to work to different styles for different genre. For example, while the sci-fi figures are slender and tall, my forth-coming fantasy figures will be full on heroic-scale, caricatured ridiculousness. And if I were to do a pulp range, perhaps in collaboration with a certain Pulp themed game, I would most likely sculpt in a chunky, "Copplestone-esque" style... ;)

Aren't your minis a bit on the taller side though? My impression was that they were closer to 32mm than 28mm height-wise? 

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 07:29:17 PM »
Aren't your minis a bit on the taller side though? My impression was that they were closer to 32mm than 28mm height-wise?  

The scifi figures are around 32mm tall. You find me a figure range of figures that are actually 28mm tall and I'll buy you a pint. Few figures are even 28mm to the eyes. ;)

They may be a bit taller than some ranges but they're also smaller than other ranges. Most of the figures are meant to be tall people anyway- the Resistance Girls are supposed to be some ridiculous band of warrior models in true B-movie style. But to say they're 32mm figures vs 28mm figures is wrong because 28mm tall figures don't exist. :D

Anyway, the pulp range will be a tad smaller (depending on the character) but definitely bulkier.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 09:05:40 PM »
Aww. I actually don't mind the proportions of your current gang. I like Bob Murch and Mark Copplestone's figs and will be happy to use some of them, but I don't need them ALL to be chunky beefcake. A few slender folks would be nice to mix things up.

I guess we'll see! ;)