Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:09:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Gunbirds Friend and Foe build (18 dec updated)  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
Gunbirds Friend and Foe build (18 dec updated)
« on: November 08, 2013, 09:02:33 PM »
This time completely in 15mm (Boo! Hiss!)

I'll keep an update of my progress in this topic, then assemble it all by the time the deadline nears. Theme is Sci-Fi/Videogames, Goodies vs Baddies.

Video games are good for inspiration, even though I hardly play them anymore. The Fallout series is a big inspiration for me, so todays lot is mostly from that game.

Protecterons! Actually, robots from The Scene bearing a stunning likeness. I modifed one with a cowboy hat so he can be Primm Slim. Also did 2 dead ones cause you need stuff to loot.

3 of them I painted up in the Nuka Cola factory scheme

And lastly one of a batch of models I recently purchased from CP Models, actually a Alien Minion in Boiler Suit, but these came with tentacle faced heads so I purchased seperate gasmask heads from them as well and headswapped it. Easy cause they come with seperate heads to begin with. This model is just a test to see how to paint 15mm and what to do or not to do. Will propably join the zombies portion of my paint session by the time I'm done with the lot. You can never have enough zombies, right?

So, Baddies 9 - Goodies 1 (and Scenery 2)

« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:16:24 PM by wayswatcher »
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
Re: Gunbirds Friend and Foe build
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 06:37:34 AM »
Good looking minis.  You can never have too many zombies!  And...15mm is where the real fun begins!   ;)
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline emperorpenguin

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 02:14:17 PM »
Love your Primm Slim pardner!
My Fallout Project leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=35048.0

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 08:18:36 PM »

Didn't get a lot done this week.

Another wrecked robot from The Scene, 1 live one plus a droid from GZG.

10 baddies, 2 goodies and 3 scenery in total now, I'll try to get some Stalkers done next week.

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 02:24:46 PM »
Managed to get some done this week!

2 towers from Auhagen, actually HO scale electricity pylons that come in parts, I only used the 2 bottom parts and the top part, the rest is for later. Not 100% happy with the quality of the plastic, but the quick paintjob came out ok. Works for 20/15mm, 6mm too if you are not too fussy. Tried out Vallejo Light Rust wash on these, and it came out ok.

My first 2 custom Stalkers.

The base figures are both from CP Models, Alien Scientists with Force Globes , both models had the gasmask head from their accesory packs added, the one on the right had a hood sculpted over it, the one on the left had the "Force Globe" (that looks a lot like a hand grenade) removed and painted like an open hand. I also added a AK-47 from MJ Figures to the back and sculpted a sling for him. Both are wearing long overcoats and chemical gloves and footwear in combination with the gasmask.

For my next models I might go a bit heavier on the highlighting, though it could also be my terrible pictures. I'm not having much luck getting good photos from my 15mm in my current set up, 3/4 is too vague to make anything out and the rest has to be processed in Photoshop to get some quality out of it.

Baddies 10, Goodies 4, Scenery 5

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 08:16:23 PM »
Another update.

First up, a Khurasan Containment Team.

I hope to have another team painted up before the deadline

Next, 4 characters

FLTR > 2 droids from the GZG Droid pack, a SAS commando with a different paintjob so he's more of a bandit from Stalker, made by MF Figures, and another Alien Scientist with Force Globe converted into a Stalker with a leather coat and a gasmask.

This means I now have: Baddies 11, Goodies 14, Scenery 5 and this fullfills the requirement for the Build. But as there is time I want to paint some more, so I will. :)

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 08:24:29 PM »
Hehehe, I know what these are meant for...very nice work so far, but IŽll be in as well, so better get more done!  :D

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 10:03:46 PM »
The work on the visors is stunning.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 02:36:33 PM »
Added a trailer to the set. A bit bigger then the ones you see in Fallout but trailer wise it is slim pickings. I picked this up from TMP but can't remember from whom. Missing the chimey and plastic flamingo, one fell off and the other one didn't really fit for what I have planned.

If anyone knows who made/makes these, let me know as I want a few more.

Baddies 11, Goodies 14, Scenery 6

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • 20mm and then some
Re: Gunbirds Friend and Foe build (17 dec updated)
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 11:16:06 PM »
The first of my combat robots from The Scene, these are 2 packs of http://thesceneuk.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_91&products_id=488 HAD001  Heavy Infantry Bots that I'll be using as bad guys (think Terminators, even though they look like the ABC Warrior from Judge Dredd) untill I get the smaller version that looks more like the endoskeletons, and as good guys for my 15mm Gone with the Blastwave themed army (hence the white and red markings), so this time it is 5 each, Good and Bad  ;) 3.85 Pounds per pack of 5, these arrived here well casted with minimal mould lines. They make a variant with enegry weapons as well. And I'm waiting for the CC versions)

Baddies 16, Goodies 19, Scenery 6